It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot migration between countries, question I have.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is a strange question that I always think about, and at first it may seem a little silly - but I believe there is serious merit to it. For all of the believers out there that feel Bigfoot populations may reside in Northern California/Washington State, or even Northeastern United States, along with Canada, they must be at least somewhat migratory (North/South, not East/West). So the question is this: What happens when Bigfoot crosses country borders?

It may seem dumb, but there are VERY significant undertakings by both the Canadian and United States Federal, State, and even County governments to curb illegal alien migration and drug smuggling. There are significant border controls in place and constant surveillance along vast stretches of land. Why have country border patrol police never captured (on film or otherwise) any of this Bigfoot migration? Is it really that easy to slip from country to country unknown to federal authorities? This isn't Europe we're talking about, this is USA and even more stringent border patrols are in place since past and more recent Homeland Security threats.

I think anyone that believes in Bigfoot would clearly say that it makes no difference whether these creatures were in the US or Canada, but clearly if they're in both they must move between. They didn't just become segregated based on a dotted line on a globe. While they may have adapted to avoid human interaction, they certainly haven't adapted to World Politics, zoning regulations, and World territory claims/disputes.

So now that we've defined that they most certainly would move between countries, why no evidence or pictures from border patrol? Or am I mistaken - are there actually sightings? And if Bigfoot were to actually exist and move between countries, this makes me feel VERY insecure about our own governments inability to capture anything moving between international borders - much less people/terrorists/drugs.

Maybe I need to bone up on my understanding of our border patrol policy... Is it THAT lax between Canada and the United States, with such minimal capability of monitoring any sort of activity, be it human or otherwise??

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Ajax]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think the answer is the same reason that these intensive BigFoot searches never turn up anything — either BigFoot doesn't exist, or it has a "sixth sense" about human attempts to observe it.

Apparently — if you accept the possibility of the existence of such a phenomenal creature — it must be able to sense the presence of remote cameras or anything of a sophisticated electronic nature.

Even though unmanned wildlife cameras have captured photos of other rare wildlife specimens, they have failed to pick up definitive evidence of BigFoot.

Which says to me that BigFoot either doesn't exist, of it has some as-yet-poorly-understood means of detecting our technology from a distance.

I'm reminded of the Carlos Castaneda books, wherein the Yaqui Indian brujo (sorcerer) Don Juan Matus fielded a few questions about the nature of higher awareness. Carlos — who was always confounded with Don Juan's amazing prescience — asked Don Juan a hypothetical question about what he would do if an armed sniper was waiting somewhere to assassinate him from a distance.

Don Juan was puzzled. "What kind of absurd question is that?"

Carlos was insistent. "What would you do if somebody was waiting at a particular location with a rifle to shoot you?"

Don Juan answered simply, "I wouldn't go to that location."

Which left Carlos as befuddled as ever. How could Don Juan know?

I think, if the BigFoot entity is as in touch with elemental forces as are the native sorcerers, they may possess such a higher awareness, perhaps even a clairvoyance that allows them to avoid being observed.

After all, if they were easily observed and tracked, they would have been driven to extinction long ago at the hand of Mankind.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Hiya Doc, the Bigfoot subject is enigmatic. Until last year, I found the idea absurd. No nests, no roadkills, no bodies, no diseases, no good footage, no trail-cams.

Having read a great thread last year...Patterson Bigfoot may be bigger than thought...my position changed. Some guy who's been collecting casts describes...

Among the dozens of plaster footprint casts he has collected over the years, Krantz has only a few that carry any significant weight as evidence. Two of them were made from footprints found in 1969 near the town of Bossburg, in northeastern Washington's Colville National Forest. What makes these tracks so important is a crippling deformity found in the right foot. It has only four toes-the middle one is either missing or somehow raised above the other four, which have spread to fill the gap. More significant is the distortion of the entire foot, which is bent radically inward from the heel.

Krantz calculated the natural adaptations in foot structure and stride necessary to enable a large, heavy animal with such an anatomical deformity to walk. "It was right on," he says. "Such an animal would have had to walk exactly as this one did: stride, angle of foot placement, distribution of weight-it was all exactly as it had to be."
Link

reply to post by Ajax

You might find this website interesting. It describes annual rainfall and Bigfoot sightings. I've been keeping it for a thread...Bigfoot and Annual Rainfall.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Last time I checked wild animals (deer, bears, moose, etc) don't need permission to cross the borders between countries. Now having said that, if Bigfoot does exist it is my opinion that it would be classified as a non-human. Therefore, free to cross the border without any retribution.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, it gives me a few more things to ponder. I suppose if Bigfoot exists there may be some kind of extra perception or sense for electronics, and "where not to be", etc. That may be able to explain part of it - but with this presumption that would put more into question the Patterson-Gimlin footage, and much of the other current evidence. If a Bigfoot is able to easily avoid all of these electronics then why did one slowly stroll away while being filmed by Patterson?

I think the annual rainfall charts to Bigfoot sightings correlation is interesting. Where there is more rain there is more vegetation, more diverse wildlife in general, etc. I'll have to read the article in more detail later on and do some more research.

To taccj9903: You're correct that animals don't need permission to cross the borders between countries. However, they are observed doing so fairly often. My point is there are many, many, MANY more eyes at the country border than there are in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest and even the far northeast. With that many more eyes we're not talking about 'crossing borders without retribution', I'm talking about simple sightings. There are thousands of trained personnel observing the border 24/7. And while they won't report seeing deer and bear cross the border, I would have to imagine they would report seeing a Bigfoot crossing to local news media...just for the fame it would garner them.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That's a valid question, not to mention a good one...

With the borders of Mexico-United States under closer and closer surveillance by modern technology, you'd think Sasquatch would have been spotted by now... But...

No where near the whole border is being watched, there are plenty of places for a Sasquatch, or even a herd of them, could go back and forth with no one being the wiser. Most of the surveillance, such as it is, is located near population centers, transportation nexus', etc... Not a spot where the big guy gonna go stompin' across.

Still... With the increase in surveillance over the next few years, I devoutly hope, maybe he'll be spotted. Or not...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm not real sure about border security either. I don't know how officials keep track of unpopulated areas like forests. But knowing out gov, I highly doubt any kind of motion sensing technology or cameras are along the US/Canadian border. Just look at our southern border, illegals obviously are crossing there everyday without being caught.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i have been researching bigfoot off and on since i was a kid and just now reading this article this has given me some thought. i heard from a family member that canada recognizes bigfoot as endengered. it might be possible that forest rangers, border patrol might say "bigfoot eh? oh well i see him all the time." one question in my mind is how intelligent is bigfoot? they probably look in peoples windows watching unsolved mysteries thinking to themselves "how did i get on t.v.? man people are nosey."

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

I think Mount Saint Helens probably was the event that drove big feets into a decline and possibly extinction. Just my opinion though Good post s/f

new topics

top topics

join