It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahoy, gringos! Border lake terrorized by Mexican pirates! (the US side too! Crazy)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Cartel wields assault weapons to rob unwary boaters

International border buoy on Falcon Lake (KENS-TV)

Fishermen and boaters on Falcon Lake near Zapata, Texas, need to beware the international border buoys, for should they stray out of U.S. territory, they may be robbed … by Mexican pirates. According to a report by KENS-TV in San Antonio, authorities have confirmed three boats have been looted so far, some by a deadly Mexican drug cartel whose buccaneers brandish machine guns instead of swords and canons. The incidents have left many Texans sticking close to the U.S. shore.

"It is unsafe in Mexico. Don't go to Mexico," warned Game Warden Capt. Fernando Cervantes. "We cannot cross over onto that side. If a boat goes across, that's it. We stop there at the line." "We're not planning on going to that side," fisherman Lucas Garza told the station. "We just know there's no good news on that side."

KENS reports the pirates steal cash and electronics, while authorities warn that without a Mexican law presence on the other side of the lake, boaters who do venture beyond the border buoys "are on their own."
Source: www.wnd.com...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this map and short quip:

Cartel Pirates Sailing Falcon Lake, Tx.

By Jay Fraser on May 19, 2010 at 8:55 AM

It has become increasingly more ludicrous that American citizens are exposed to the lawlessness and ruthlessness of the Mexican drug cartels. The most recent examples are the three times since April 30th that American fisherman have been accosted and robbed by cartel pirates on Falcon Lake near Zapata Texas.

No injuries were reported in connection with any of the three recent incidents. During each of the encounters, groups of men armed with assault rifles confronted boaters, looking for drugs and money, troopers said. The Texas Department of Public Safety issued a bulletin Tuesday that outlined the three confrontations. The most recent occurred Sunday on the U.S. side of the lake, which spans the state's border with Mexico, authorities said.

For reference, Falcon Lake is a reservoir near Zapata Texas that straddles the Rio Grande. Sports fishermen go there to catch bass. The location of Falcon Lake is shown in this Express News Graphic.

Source: threatswatch.org...

And this:

Fishermen warned about Falcon Lake dangers

May 18, 2010, 3:47PM

McALLEN, Texas — Fishermen on Falcon Lake, the large-mouth bass haven deep in south Texas, have encountered assault rifle-toting robbers in recent weeks in what could be an emerging revenue stream for Mexico's drug gangs. The Texas Department of Public Safety is warning anglers to be cautious and stay on the U.S. side of the large border-spanning lake formed by a dam on the Rio Grande. Authorities say that twice in late April and early May, fishing parties have had their boats boarded by heavily armed men asking for drugs and money while in Mexican waters. No one was injured in either incident.

And the official Department of Public Safety notice: DPS News Release
May 18, 2010

Law Enforcement Agencies Urging Caution on Falcon Lake

Loaded with details.

So, the cartels got a Navy operaton now. Fair enough. Time to call ours in. And i mean the stelthy ones. Slip onto their boats and administer instant justice. I have had it. Enough is Enough.

Time we start fighting back. If Obama won't lead us, then who will? I dare say it is going to be Sarah Palin. She is about the only one with any ba..s!!!

I have to say that once word of this got around Texas, that lake probably filled up with gun toting fishermen, looking for the big ones-and not letting them get away.

Any ATSer from this region of Texas? Give us some on the front lines news?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Mmkay .. here's my plan.

Put some Navy SEALS on a little fishing boat.. have them dressed like ridiculous American touristy types, kahki shorts, too bright shirts ya know.. who 9 yards type of deal.

When the "pirates" come... SEALS light them up like the 4th of July.

edit to add my purpose: If the undercover soldiers blow away a few pirate boats.. the next pirates going to have to have a huge pair of balls not knowing if who they rob next is a SEAL or not.

[edit on 5/22/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is something the minutemen can handle. Some good sniper the minute men have. International waters is fair game. With the fire power the US has, these tortilla peddlers stand no chance.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i really agree with most everything you said, then you said this, and my palm slammed into my face.

Originally posted by anon72
I dare say it is going to be Sarah Palin. She is about the only one with any ba..s!!!

dont count on palin for anything, i can tell you from personal experience from having to deal with the bimbo as a state governor.

[edit on 5/22/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Piracy on our southern border, while Obama invites the prez of Mexico to come here and trash our laws. Are you gonna count on him to protect our borders? :shk:

I agree with the OP. Palin would not hesitate to call in the troops (though that doesn't make her a good president).

What is the governor of Texas doing in response?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by anon72

Mmkay .. here's my plan.

Put some Navy SEALS on a little fishing boat.. have them dressed like ridiculous American touristy types, kahki shorts, too bright shirts ya know.. who 9 yards type of deal.

When the "pirates" come... SEALS light them up like the 4th of July.

edit to add my purpose: If the undercover soldiers blow away a few pirate boats.. the next pirates going to have to have a huge pair of balls not knowing if who they rob next is a SEAL or not.

[edit on 5/22/2010 by Rockpuck]

seals are a joke, they have a bad record of being lit up by drug cartels.

no training in the world will give you what you're born with, these guys just tries too hard and fail epicly.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Great question about the TX Gov? He seems to be keeping hush/hush about most of the mess. Maybe they are dealing with their own way and aren't screaming... naw-he still a politician so.

We need to stand up and start bitchin' up a storm, from states that aren't on the borders-to shown them our support. It isn't the border states vs the rest of the US. It is the US vs Them (the illegals).

We need to show our sopport for everything going on in AZ right now also. Before it's too late. They are the spearpoint of this issue right now and are beign attack full force the POTUS Obama and Mexico-working as allies against our citizens and brothers.

THIS IS NOT THE AMERICAN WE WANT> Enough is enough. Stand with them and be heard!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Sorry mate, already posted a few days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let the Russians handle it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Darn it. Why isn't my searches turing things up. My bad and thank you for pointing it out.

Mods,please close thread as this we address previously.

new topics

top topics

join