It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life. just a great big confusing riddle?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Life is what you make of it.

Everyone at some point comes to the point of questioning the meaning of life, and everyone comes to a different meaning for themselves, some cling to religion, some turn to science or philosophy, some turn to escapism (Drugs, Games, Fantasy...) others just decide that they are here to enjoy life's pleasures.

The truth is everyone, deep down, knows what is right for themselves, usually being willing to help others that are in need whenever we are able to and enjoying life as much as possible.

Very few find fulfilment in being Self-Centered, most find they need to believe in something higher than themselves, whether that is God or a higher Power or some type of "Life's Work".

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Reply to post by wartooth420

Like dancing, if the whole purpose of dancing was to reach a certain point on the floor the fastest, then the fastest dancer would win. But that isnt the point of dancing. The whole purpose of dancing is the dance itself. And so it is with life.

Theres no need to waste your time worrying or philosophizing about life.

Just remember to enjoy every step of the dance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It definitely is just being a part of the universe, experiencing it.. For if we weren't here to experience it, what would any of this matter be here for anyway? Just sit back, relax, and feel at hOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMe.........

Our brains are basically, in my opinion.. Scaled down, reflected versions of the whole.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Love thyself first. If you do not know of love, how can we give love? If you have no love , how can you give love?
Must we spend our lives stealing love from where ever we can grab a little, chasing.
We are love. Only when we look at the self will we know love.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ooops double post.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Itisnowagain]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yeah, ok ..... sounds nice

but there are billions of souls screaming out, demanding to know where was the love when they were being burned slowly alive

when they were being put to death on the rack

when they were slaughtered and eaten by savages

when they were denied justice and life

when their babies were murdered or put to the sword

when they were denied any form of love or even decency

I need to SEE a hell of a lot more of this magic 'love'

rather than hear people talk about it

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We can ask where is the love and in asking love is hidden. As soon as we speak (or think) to try and prove there is no love, we have forced on us it's opposite.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Thehumlbleone is speaking of Alan Watts, look him up on youtube, he has a lot of interesting things to say. Philosophy? He was a Buddhist also.

Bingo.

Thank you.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Doc9
In the same neutral voice, he replied, ' No, I don't think that's it. I haven't learned a damn thing, if we're to be honest about it '.

He died a year or so later. But what he said has stuck with me ever since. And now I find myself of the same opinion

Have I learned anything ? Anything to provide a bit of hope ? Don't know.

These days, to my surprise, I find I don't need to believe in an afterlife. I can stand the idea of nothingness at death. I don't need to believe I'll 'continue to exist on some plane'

Maybe we'll never know, anymore than a potato understands the reason for its existence

But I'm fine with it, either way

Hi Doc:
The only thing we learn from experiences is that we learn nothing from them.-GBS
Your smart Doc. You can trade hope for fullness and bliss.

The Manual for Understanding Life for the Hopeless:

www.beezone.com...

Tell me are you going to read it?

The Manual is even more

disturbing

fascinating

hypnotic

than my Avatar.

Adi Da
"I have written this in the form of autobiography because my own life is perhaps the best instruction I can offer. The mere assertion of understanding is not sufficient to create understanding in the hearer. The hearer must be allowed a creative recognition. Otherwise the symbols wherein his life is trapped will not dissolve. Therefore, I have displayed my life as much as I have had patience and perspective to illustrate it. I hope it has been fruitful for you. But know this. I do not stand for spiritual efforts of any kind. Nor on some middle ground between excess and effort. There is no virtue in the endless reaction to life, nor in the exclusive enjoyment of any effect.....in understanding maintain... radical humor and freedom in the face of divine beings as well as the most disgusting elements of ordinary life"
chapter 20 - Knee of Listening

[edit on 25-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Yeah, ok ..... sounds nice

but there are billions of souls screaming out, demanding to know where was the love when they were being burned slowly alive

when they were being put to death on the rack

when they were slaughtered and eaten by savages

when they were denied justice and life

when their babies were murdered or put to the sword

when they were denied any form of love or even decency

I need to SEE a hell of a lot more of this magic 'love'

rather than hear people talk about it

Our human perspective on Love is a very limited one, just like our perspective on many, many other things..

The love you are describing is compassionate, affectionate, wouldn't hurt a fly, seeing your wonderful wife, kind of love..

Let me ask you this.. How would you, or I, exist here, now, without all of these "non-loving" things? If the crusades never happened, I'm sure the world would look unimaginably different. If any war had not happened just the way it did.. We would not be here, right now.

On a more cosmic scale, Love is all. No matter what us humans describe as not Love, it's still love. What's the difference between good and bad? Hmm?

Perspective. So lets zoom out, further, further.. Now look at that galaxy we're in.. Mmmm
Can you even see what's happening on earth? No.

But.. One day, you may. Humans could explore the cosmos and colonize space! Or we could just get hit by a rather large asteroid and be toast.

The point is.. The love our universe (god, whatever you call it) has for us little humans is much more than anything even all of us together could comprehend.

Experience is all we have, so why not have love in your heart while experiencing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join