It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythodea: Why Did NASA Invoke the Greco-Roman Gods for the Mars Mission?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
When artists/playwrites/directors work something into their work, it is for a reason. That reason may be subcontextual, in that they are suggest a storyline and a character build up by relying on some other character's in a well known piece character build up. That still has meaning and a reason. It isn't just done for no reason at all. Some might step back and suggest coyly that they won't tell you THEIR meaning for it, but that yours is just as valid. Whatever. They still had a reason for it, they just aren't giving it to you.

When artists use subcontextual meaning, they are relying on their audience having some understanding of the referenced material. Steinbeck making Bibical references in the inter-chapters of the Grapes of Wrath. His audience was familiar with the contextual material.

Very few people are familiar with the sub contextual material here, if that is what was intended. And it isn't subcontextual, the material is blatant as a smack in the face.

That's what is being suggested about this. By happenstance, for no reason, someone did a full Invocation of the Gods in a manner that probably hasn't been done in centuries, just for fun. To be broadcast in full spectacle, to another planet. No meaning implied. None recieved, because a handful of people on the planet understood what it was.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I'm just saying that it could have simply been done for artistic reasons -- nothing else and nothing sinister. Totally planned, but simply for the art of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
maybe just a historic song for a historic event?? or maybe the aliens were greek? joke...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Aeons

I'm just saying that it could have simply been done for artistic reasons -- nothing else and nothing sinister. Totally planned, but simply for the art of it.

I actually wasn't suggesting anything sinister.

Mysterious and sinister aren't necessarily the same thing.

I would suggest that if something is done for artistic reasons, the artist likely is conveying a message using some form of shared meaning. And in this case, the number of people with whom his piece might have shared meaning is very very small.

So, who is his audience of shared meaning? The tiny segment of the population of the planet who might;
1. recognize any of the Greek pantheon?
2. further recognize an invocation?
3. fund and approve such for an interplanetary mission?

For most people this might be an interesting spectacle, even if they knew about it. For those who did know, and listened, some of them knew it references Greek works. Of those some recognized the mathematical 'language of the God' theme. A subset of that group also knows the Greek myths being referenced. Of those, an even smaller subset of that subset of a subset knows anything about Greco-Roman plays in antiquity, and might see the Chorus. And then an absolutely tiny number of those might have recognized that is an invocation.

An even smaller number of people might know anything about mystery religions, and come at it from that angle.

Artistry is the process of the application and manipuation of shared meaning for an effect.

What this piece, done for an interplanetary mission does not have, is a cultural shared meaning for the audience to fully or even partially participate in the full work. That's an interesting omission for a work of art.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

The masses don't need to know and understand all of the details and minutiae of the mythology/invocations -- all they need to know is that it is "about the Greek Gods" to have some appreciation for it. Someone who understands the details of the invocations and mythology may have a better appreciation for the art, but I don't think that understanding the details is a requirement.

I personally don't know about the details regarding the invocations you are talking about, but I enjoyed the piece of music and I still remember fondly when they played the concert to coincide with the Mars Odyssey spacecraft heading to Mars (then again, I'm a space exploration geek). There are many space exploration geeks such as myself who found it interesting and entertaining (and moving) to have this music played during that concert in conjunction with the voyage of the spacecraft.

By the way, Mythodea wasn't written specifically for the Mars Odyssey mission -- it was first performed 8 years earlier in 1993. NASA just chose the music because of the obvious connection to the Grecian Odyssey (by Homer) and because of the Greco-Roman mythology connection to the Planets. The Greek government was happy to have a reason to hold the concert because they were trying to "hype" Greece and the upcoming 2004 Olympics in Athens.

Vangelis (the composer) was playing up the connection between this music and the Mars Odyssey Spacecraft, but I think he was just trying to increase the CD/DVD sales:
NASA Vangelis Interview

Also, you mentioned that this music was transmitted to Mars (to the Mars Odyssey Orbiter), but I could not find that information. Can you provide a link to the source? I do know that the CD/DVD of the concert performance was released to coincide with the exact day that the spacecraft made orbit around Mars, which was a PR move on NASAs part (and I'm sure that added publicity helped with CD/DVD sales).

edit on 6/27/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

...The Greek government was happy to have a reason to hold the concert because they were trying to "hype" Greece and the upcoming 2004 Olympics in Athens....

Brother

(sorry my english are not perfect)

This never happen! Because the Greek Government refused that, cause believe the Temple of Zeus was a very big interest archaeological place for not to be a concert there ! But after that NASA took the reins and paid about 6 million euros for the concert !! People of NASA wanted at all costs made the concert there !!!!

This is something mean....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Brothers

(sorry my english are not perfect)

Today 28/06/11 birthday of 10 years of this concert,

I want help you all, with translation of some of the Lyrics Ancient Greek Language which has special meaning !

"EIMARMENE" = THE UNAVOIDABLE = THE FATE = THE DESTINY = THE PLANET X WHO COME WITH SPEED ON EARTH

ARES = MARS = THE MOST IMPORTANT WEAPON AGAINST THE THREAT, NASA SOMETHING PLAN THERE...BUT WITH NO MUCH POSSIBILITIES

Movement 9 - This is the most important movement cause the meaning is clear :

Desperate prayer to avoid disaster !!! Watch the Vangelis's view of his face after the end of the movement ...

FOR THE MORTALS (x4)
JUST AS THE MOTHER
ASKS
FOR THE MORTALS
NOT TO HAPPEN
OH ARES, (DO NOT LET) EIMARMENE (HAPPEN)

SHE REAVEALS
QUIETLY
WHILE IN NIRVANA
LET IN NOT HAPPEN
THE MOON (TO LEARN)
THAT THE
SOUGHT (=THE ONE WE'RE SEARCHING FOR) LIVES

AWAY QUIETLY
THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN SENT, IS ALIVE
SLEEPLESS
SHE ASKS
OH EIMARMENE IS ALIVE

SHE HAS ONE DREAM AND COMES TO EARTH
SHE'S COMING HERE
SHE'S COMING AND ASKS ME TO TELL SHE CAME

SHE REAVEALS
SHE TALKS TO US
WHILE IN NIRVANA

MAY SOMEONE MAY
MAY HE SEES
THAT LIVES EIMARMENE

FOR THE MORTALS
JUST AS SHE ASKS
LET HER NOT BE KILLED
SHE TALKS TO US
WILLINGNESS
SHE EXPECTS
SHE TRIES

LET HER NOT BE KILLED
(BECAUSE) IT BENEFITS
THE MOON

TOUGH (DECISION)
SHOULD NOT BE MADE OH

YOU CAME FROM THERE
YOU (ARE) OURS
YOU CAME FROM THERE
YOU (ARE) OURS
edit on 27-6-2011 by ZeusTheRealGod because: Pray to God to save us !

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeusTheRealGod

(sorry for not perfect english)

ok ok..even the interpol got that by now

seeing your first 10 posts..i cant imagine how your 15,657th post will be

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thanks Brother

I just write it cause respect your forum,

I will continue without write it again, actually dont worry u will not see the number of posts u wrote from me.

This is not mean that i disoriented from give you the meanings as my poor mind understand them ...

youtu.be...

Please focus on 1:23:00 and watch the lips of the conductor what he is saying....

"Come on, this is what we will waiting for..."

"But...what we will waiting for"....really ...from a pray to the God ?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Also, you mentioned that this music was transmitted to Mars (to the Mars Odyssey Orbiter), but I could not find that information. Can you provide a link to the source?

Is it help?

lollitop.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
MYTHODEA

Where does that name come from?

Dont search in english ...but ...in ancient greek language ...

MYTHODEA = ΜΥΘΩΔΙΑ = ΜΥΘΟΣ + ΩΔΗ + ΔΙΑΣ which means ΜΥΤΗ + ODE + ZEUS

ΜΥΘΩΔΙΑ = ΜΥΘΟΣ + ΩΔΗ + ΔΙΑΣ = ΜΥΘ+ΩΔ+ΙΑ = ΜΥΘΩΔΙΑ
edit on 27-6-2011 by ZeusTheRealGod because: (no reason given)

youtu.be...

Please focus to 20:46 on the video for the real explain of the name! (if u dont know Ancient Greek Language u cannot understand it, also u cannot understand any other meaning and message of the concert.... i am sorry...but this is the true!)

Brothers

I know we are "move" on different levels but....as i told u before....i dont know very well english ... but i know very well what i am talking about for the meaning of MYTHODEA ! Dont worry i didnt speak with Vangelis (even i am Greek) and dont worry i am not an Alien (even NASA has strong evidences for Aliens exist) the only common thing i have with Vangelis is the same birthday - 29 March - lol

ΕΣΣΕΤΑΙ ΗΜΑΡ

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So...

I will continue...

Please visit this youtube channel www.youtube.com... and watch and focus all the Movements with lyrics (u can find them in details of each video) There were translated from Ancient Greek Language to English Language)

Maybe after that...u will be more closer to the meaning of MYTHODEA and what's want say to us ! Every name of Gods or Greek ancient figures e.g.

Ares = Mars ...

or

"EO" = ΗΩ = AUORORA = GODESS OF DAWN = HAS THE MEANING OF THE CHANGES ON THE MAGNETIC FIELDS ON THE EARTH CAUSE THE COMING OF PLANET X !!

Very close proovements are here youtu.be... on Texas & youtu.be... Portugal on 10 & 11 May 2011

...have meaning into the puzzle ! When u can explain and synthesize the pieces of that puzzle... then u will understand that the meaning of MYTHODEA is a very well cryptographical message to ALL HUMANITY ! Maybe the MOST IMPORTANT than all !

Thank you

I have to sleep now here...

ΕΣΣΕΤΑΙ ΗΜΑΡ

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeusTheRealGod
Very close proovements are here youtu.be... on Texas & youtu.be... Portugal on 10 & 11 May 2011
Those lights in Portugal look more like fireworks in the distance than anything out of ordinary, we can even see the smoke appearing closer to the end.

PS: although I don't have any problem with your English, I do have a problem with the way you post, repeating the same thing several times and using too many capital letters.
Anyway, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Is it help?

lollitop.blogspot.com...

How about a source from NASA, that they transmitted it to Mars, and that they paid $2million for the concert

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Those lights in Portugal look more like fireworks in the distance than anything out of ordinary, we can even see the smoke appearing closer to the end.

U mean the same fireworks was on Texas one day before? ... My opinion was not

The "aurora" lights have the explain here youtu.be... on 08:35 of the video.

PS: Τhanks for the WELCOME :-)
edit on 28-6-2011 by ZeusTheRealGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Is it help?

lollitop.blogspot.com...

How about a source from NASA, that they transmitted it to Mars, and that they paid $2million for the concert

Here u have right about "transmitted it to Mars" ! NASA dont wants goes out this .... They know it some people only ... but ...here in Athens...most people...know it...cause many was there....the night of the concert ....believe me...

PS: I live very close of the point of the concert.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
As i said before...

NASA dont want until now....people find the true ... (in my opinion this is absoltely CORRECT ! Cause if this will be happen, then all we will see the CHAOS around the world and the societies)

As the "Where does that name come of Mythodea?" u can see here mars.jpl.nasa.gov... an interview... Vangelis said "I made up the name Mythodea from the words myth and ode"

Absolutely right ! But .... in english !!

The real meaning in Ancient Greek Language i have already explain it before ....in an old of my posts....

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I said before...

Ancient Greek Language it is the mother of all languages, it is so perfect and it is a mathematical & musical language who can see the future...

But why ?

Well... check this link please: www.lexarithmos.gr...

Computation

α = 1 η = 8 ν = 50 τ = 300
β = 2 θ = 9 ξ = 60 υ = 400
γ = 3 ι =10 ο = 70 φ =500
δ = 4 κ = 20 π = 80 χ = 600
ε = 5 λ = 30 ρ = 100 ψ = 700
ζ = 7 μ = 40 σ = 200 ω = 800

Keep in mind that "σ" = "ς"

Every greek letter is a number and every greek word gives a number and the number is a meaning ! If this happen ... u can search for "mathematical relationship" e.g.

Greek Language: (μηκος περιφερειας κυκλου) / διαμετρος =

μηκος περιφερειας κυκλου = 338+1016+940 = 2294

διαμετρος = 730

who it means 2294 / 730 = 3,14

who it means π = 3,14

who explain in your english that :

English language: (length Region cirlce) / diameter = 3,14

PS: Please let me know cause i am not sure if u can see on your broswers the Greek letters ... Thank you

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
As i said today is 28/06/2011 birthday 10 years of MYTHODEA made

But is is something meaning that...?

Actually yes...

The birthday of 11 years (i mean after 1 year) will be 2012 !

The number "11" has a special meaning of the BIG DISASTERS in history !

Please remember 09 11 2001

I will analyze only that now and how will be connect:

1) The New York City has 11 letters

2) Afghanistan has 11 letters

3) Ramsin Yuseb has 11 letters (The terrorist who threatened to destroy the Twin Towers in 1993)

4) The George W Bush has 11 letters

This could be a mere coincidence, but this gets more interesting:

1) New York is the 11th state.

2) The first plane crashing against the Twin Towers was flight number 11.

3) Flight 11 was carrying 92 passengers. 9 + 2 = 11

4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers, was carrying 65 passengers:

6 + 5 = 11

5) The tragedy was on September 11 or 9 / 11 as it is now known.

9 + 1 + 1 = 11

6) The date is equal to the number of telephone 911 U.S. emergency services.

If something of the above are not correct please let me know...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Now If you do not bored me :-)

i will saw u the next step of meaning which are the greek lyrics and what are meaning on numbers ...

And this explain why NASA saw to us first time in his history with an event like this, the MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO HUMANITY = THE END OF THE WORLD on Ancient Greek Language = the perfect, mathematical, musical language = the language who not made by humans = the Language of the Real God !

And this explain why NASA wanted at all costs made the concert to the Temple of Zeus there ! To the most important place for communicate with him (?)

Nasa they didnt made on Pyramids, they didnt made on Stoneheads, they didnt made on Inkas or somewhere else.... They did on the "church" place of the Real God !!!

But ...

I have to eat now... :-)

I will be back...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join