It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythodea: Why Did NASA Invoke the Greco-Roman Gods for the Mars Mission?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ever since someone mentioned this one to me here on ATS, this one has bugged the daylights out of me.

I know that the composer says that he did the composition in less than a day, and that it is random words.

I gotta say horse#. Or really well played sock-puppet action one someone's behalf. Was the theme of the words suggested by another party?

If you ever watch a Greek play, you'll notice that many perform an invocation to the Gods or a God/dess near the beginning of the play. Often the actors, and sometimes even the directors, don't realize that is what it is. Or they recognize it only as some odd old mythology thing.

The invocations were part and parcel of the plays being part of the overall societal experience of religiosity in all aspects of life during that time.

I find the piece very interesting in and of itself. I find it even more so because it was absolutely, stunningly clearly an Invocation of the Gods.

To me that was clear when I listened to it, before I saw the translations. The translations couldn't be more telling. You could find a chorus doing something just like that at the beginning of a Greek play, if you have no experience of it anywhere else.

Now, people try to make out that scientists, engineers, and NASA etc. are full of atheists. This just isn't the case. I would imagine that the statistical rates of Atheists in those areas are greater, but they still aren't the majority by any means.

But most of those people are not followers of a Greco-Roman pantheon. Almost no one on this planet at the moment is.

So I have to admit - I'm hooked. Why in hell did someone orchestrate an Invocation to the Greco-Roman Gods for the Mars Mission?

It isn't a whim - anyone ever seen the cost of the transmission to play it to Mars?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
everything nasa does has a deeper occult meaning behind it.
sorry for the one line answer....
but, really.. that is why...
they do these things... [invoke ancient gods.]
because they actually believe in this %$#^!

while the people are told its "all in the name of science"
and pay for all of it.
with nasa.. it is not even close to being 'all about the science".

have you read dark mission yet?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Okay, I'm lost here, are we talking about music? In what medium did NASA invoke Greco-Roman gods? I haven't heard this before, though I automatically think of Mars being named for the Roman god of war.

--airspoon

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Could it be because the composer is Greek?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Okay, I'm lost here, are we talking about music? In what medium did NASA invoke Greco-Roman gods? I haven't heard this before, though I automatically think of Mars being named for the Roman god of war.

--airspoon

Yes, it was a concert given in Athens in 2001 and transmitted to Mars.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Aeons

Could it be because the composer is Greek?

Sure it could.

Most Greeks don't worship Zeus anymore. A new play using an old style - I could get that. Even the song itself is very interesting as a nod to ancient myth.

Transmitting it to Mars though - that adds a level of serious oddness to it.

It is the sort of thing you could see someone writing and performing because it would show their Drama or Music thesis evaluators that they understand the Chorus concept in old plays.

Not for an expensive orchestral chorus being transmitted to another planet.

It would be odd to do this for any ancient god - say singing a song to Horus. But if you actually broke out an actual ancient ritual to Horus, and created a new song to go with it, and a government agency decided to transmit it to another planet.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

The religions of the people in NASA don't include Occult very often. Though I'm led to understand they have some neo-quantum gnostics running around - or at least people who claim they work for NASA who are.

Most of the people are Christians - just like the general populace in the USA. Catholics, Baptists, Mormons, Protestants. Jewish.

Not Greek pantheon or Occult.

So who is it exactly that you think is the Occult "Nasa?"

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hello brothers

(sorry my english not perfect)

I am Greek and i have the answer for your question about "Why Did NASA Invoke the Greco-Roman Gods"

It was a very well cryptographic message about the "Planet X" which will come and destroy the planet on 2012 ! It is something who NASA can not prevent ... And the concept was a last try pray into the real God (Zeus)

Why Zeus ? Because NASA has strong evidences that the life comes from out space and DNA of the Ancient Greeks was not 100% human ! That's explain the gold age of Greek civilization (democracy, theaters, olympic games, astronomy, philosophy, and so much...) NASA now It Believes that the Greek Gods was .....truly and not mythological !! We know in our world that the really God is Jesus Christ ... but now with the data of NASA .... real God is Zeus !

Also why lyrics in ancient greek language ? Because this is the mother of all languages and is so perfect because was not made by humans !! It is a mathematical language who can guess the future !! Was made by the Greek Gods !! Thats is the answer !!

Please watch the video here (the lyrics was in ancient greek language)

youtu.be...

Then go to 1:59:09 of the video and see the earth has reverse the magnetic polls ! This can explain here youtu.be... on 03:37 of this video !!

Also go again here youtu.be... on 2:06:10 of the video and watch the photo of the "Planet X" who coming with speed on the earth !!!

These are the meanings of the MYTHODEA ! Cryptography messages and last pray to the real God "Zeus" for SAVE our World from the Planet X !!!

Keep in mind NASA knows about this planet from 1982 !!! But never it will say about it on the future...except...little days...before the END OF THE WORLD !!

This could be happen 21/12/2012

Pray for God save us...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
(sorry for not perfect english)

I have to say that..

soon

In this world...u will see more big earthquakes...more big tsunamis....more big catastrophes... and one by one....countries will fall down each economy ....like UK , USA, GERMANY and so on....it is something like prepare for the END OF THE WORLD !

The world will reverse !!!

MYTHODEA has predicted that !

Pray God save us !!

ΕΣΣΕΤΑΙ ΗΜΑΡ

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I dunno --
If I was a composer, I think it would be great if my music was transmitted to Mars. If I was a lover of classical music, I would be interested to find out that the music was being broadcast to Mars.

I see it as being like when NASA takes the names and messages of average folks like you and me and puts them on a computer chip that is stored on a space probe. My name (and my family's names) are on a computer chip sitting on Mars and on the "Dawn" probe being sent to study asteroids -- and I personally think that's pretty cool.

I realize that NASA does these things for PR purposes, and to keep regular people interested in space exploration. I'm more likely to care about the "Dawn" asteroid mission now, and I think many people who followed the story of the transmission of that classical piece of music are now at least slightly more interested in the exploration of Mars.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Brothers

(sorry for not perfect english)

Tomorrow it is celebrate 10 years of the concert ! THE LYRICS OF THIS CONCERT HAS EXACTLY THE MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE HUMANITY ! THIS WORLD WILL BE ENDING ... soon

Every Greek name of God and every greek ancient figure .... has meaning in the plan for prevent the DISASTER !!!! There are not in luck !!!!

The mission of Mars didnt made for explore the planet !! Mars is the last "stand of the battle" for prevent the DISASTER !!! NASA Something prepare there ... mystical ... for any possibilities (if there are...) for prevent the DISASTER !!!

Believe me ...

Pray to God to save us !

ΕΣΣΕΤΑΙ ΗΜΑΡ
edit on 27-6-2011 by ZeusTheRealGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Brothers

(sorry my english not perfect, but my mind still get the messages)

This is the real PRAY here on movement 9 with Greek Ancient Language the mother of all, the perfect mathematical and musician language !!!!

youtu.be...

PLease Focus on 2:48 of the video ! There lyrics said "ΟΔΕΥΕΤΑΙ ΣΤΗ ΓΗ" who it means "coming to the earth..." and watch the photo of the shine planet X coming to earth...

Pray to God to save us !

ΕΣΣΕΤΑΙ ΗΜΑΡ
edit on 27-6-2011 by ZeusTheRealGod because: please get the message !

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
NASA...

They know for the Planet X since 1982 ...

They prepare us last years with movies of Hollywood for big disasters like Armageddon .... 2012... and this time had right !

Pray to God to save us

ΕΣΣΕΤΑΙ ΗΜΑΡ

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I hearby nominate this thread for consideration for "The Most Bizarre Thread of the Week." It wasn't even clear what the OP was talking about until Soylent explained it, and now it's turned into a 2012 Prophecy thread. Wow. And, yes, probably because the composer was Greek.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
...For any who wants...i can translate the lyrics from Greek Ancient Language on some parts of the video who HAVE SPECIAL MEANING !

Please believe me...

My words have true !!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Brothers

(sorry my english not perfect, but my mind still get the messages)

But why ?

NASA calculate again and again and again and again....the planet's X orbit ... and the DISASTER day its 21/12/2012 ! This day Maya prophecy calendar also stop the world ! This day also Ancient Greek prophecy says that will be Return The Gods !!!

This is why NASA knows now.....all it is not on luck !!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Ah, as the OP I can clarify what I am talking about. I realize I did expect more background knowledge than most people might have.

If you read Greco-Roman plays, you'll find at the beginning of those plays there are invocations. The playwright, and actors would invoke the Dieties as a part of ritual. This making the play into a ritual. An invocation is a powerful social phenomena, if you know what it is.

If you're familiar with the Christian concept in some denomiations of "calling the spirit" or any of those sort of similar ritual/spiritual actions, an invocation is very similar. Let the spirit enter me here, and guide my actions.

Mythodea is an invocation. If you are familiar with invocations, it is pretty apparent. It is only that most people today are not familiar with this that it isn't obvious to most people anymore.

One doesn't ACCIDENTALLY create a 7 movement piece of invocation referencing the "language of the Gods" Mathematics.
edit on 2011/6/27 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Absolutely !

PLease focus more on MYTHODEA !

Inside of it... have the MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR THE HUMANITY !

I know very well what i am talking about ! And i can say these woreds from the bottom of my heart ...cause

i know what will be happen....

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
...Mythodea is an invocation. If you are familiar with invocations, it is pretty apparent. It is only that most people today are not familiar with this that it isn't obvious to most people anymore.

One doesn't ACCIDENTALLY create a 7 movement piece of invocation referencing the "language of the Gods" Mathematics.

Who says it was an accident? I'm sure the composer was totally aware of the "invocations" you are talking about. However, he probably included these in the music for art purposes rather than for any occult purpose.

Artists, playwrights and composers have often used myth and the occult as a basis for their creations. That does not mean they practice the occult that is being portrayed in their art.

edit on 6/27/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The invocations aren't worked into the performance piece. The piece *IS* an invocation from beginning to end.

I find it *odd.* It could be as meaningless as you suggest.

I just suspect it is not meaningless.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join