It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman killed after pulling shotgun on Census worker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Woman killed after pulling shotgun on Census worker

www.appeal-democrat.com

A 67-year-old Yuba City woman was shot and killed by officers when she pointed a shotgun at them and refused to put it down, Yuba City police said Friday.

Victoria Helen Roger-Vasselin was pronounced dead late Thursday at her home at 764 Mariner Loop in an affluent neighborhood on the city's far south side.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
After the rapes and other problems with some census workers
and ppl pretending to be census workers I can't blame
the woman for being a little edgy.

When the cops showed up it is time to either put the gun down
or use it, I am guessing she froze and the cops felt she
was a hardened criminal that did not warrant a negotiator.

I also hear bullets are cheaper than negotiators, save a
lot of time too.

www.appeal-democrat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

You're right , if and when the cops show up , you either use it or lose it .

You from OKC ? T-Town here ...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sorry I am not buying the cops story on this. You don't run census workers off then decide your going to shoot it out with the cops.

It sounds too much like; we were just minding our own business and this crazy women came at us with a gun and when we ordered her to put it down she started shooting... If she had the drop on them and did not intend to put her weapon down why in the hell did she not start shooting them before or as they drew on her?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Look out the state is gonna count you dead or alive.

The local municipality still gets federal grant money for recently deceased citizens yes?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I don't understand all the flap over the census workers. I had one show up and it took about 2 minutes to answer the questions. None of the information was all that personal, it's harder to get a blockbuster card. Name, phone number, time I've lived hear and if I lived with anyone else. Big freaking deal.

As for shooting the woman, the story does seem a little strange. Either way, don't point a gun at cops. How dumb can you be? I suppose the police could have backed down but I don't think that would have been appropriate considering this woman was armed with a shotgun and obviously a little batty. What should they have done? Let her grab hostages?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Roger-Vasselin was the sister of the late Thomas E. Mathews, a Yuba County judge and district attorney.

If you added those details, it would have been better understood.

I hear corruption.

She probably knew they were after her, for what ever reason, her sister is probably involved, not saying in a bad way, but involved.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Sorry I am not buying the cops story on this. You don't run census workers off then decide your going to shoot it out with the cops.

It sounds too much like; we were just minding our own business and this crazy women came at us with a gun and when we ordered her to put it down she started shooting... If she had the drop on them and did not intend to put her weapon down why in the hell did she not start shooting them before or as they drew on her?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by hawkiye]

Fear can make ppl freeze up, I think she froze, and sadly the police
did not think of that before they decided to have an early range day.

They must have just confused her with a paper target, yeah that's
the ticket !

Truly sad for her and her family, for the cops I think they could have
called in the negotiator as I sarcastically referred to in my OP.

Sad sign of the times, and worse is yet to come.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I already posted about this. Here's the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
I don't understand all the flap over the census workers. I had one show up and it took about 2 minutes to answer the questions. None of the information was all that personal, it's harder to get a blockbuster card. Name, phone number, time I've lived hear and if I lived with anyone else. Big freaking deal.

As for shooting the woman, the story does seem a little strange. Either way, don't point a gun at cops. How dumb can you be? I suppose the police could have backed down but I don't think that would have been appropriate considering this woman was armed with a shotgun and obviously a little batty. What should they have done? Let her grab hostages?

The census worker was not shot.

The cops were not shot.

I am gonna guess it took some time for the cops to show up.

No one was "seized" during those several minutes.

I am gonna guess this woman might be a little paranoid, and all that
needed to happen was have someone that is a trained negotiator
talk her down from her panic.

This is standard procedure in most metro areas.

Hell they even made a movie about it.

This woman could have been picked up later at the grocery store,
her job, at the gas station, etc etc and not have ended up in box.

She prolly just needed a shrink and some meds.

Bullets are cheaper than therapists, and its obvious we are beginning
to not care much about our fellow man.

In any event another martyr of the US police state gets added to the
list of names of those who have died by the hands of those who
claim to "serve and protect".

She needed a shrink and some pills, not some lead and dead.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
We had a similar shooting here a few years back, it wasn't a woman who was shot it was a man, but neighbors had reported him being seen with a gun, when police arrived he refused to lower his weapon and advanced and was shot dead.

Sounds very feasibly like this incident to me. The son's statement lets you know that she was out of control, he tries to tell why she was out of control, late night visits.

I think this worker went to the wrong house at the wrong time, and angered and already angry and/or disturbed individual.

I am asking my neice today to stop doing census work, as much as she needs the work right now, it isn't worth it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Original Thread

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join