It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic spectrum causes visual range, what about range of material worlds?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

The proof is wrapped up in Quantum Electrodynamics, in my opinion. They don't teach it much in schools, not because it's complex to understand, but because it is powerful and would change the entire planet.

Things like the Higgs Boson they're expecting to find evidence of at the Large Hadron Collider will allow to create things from empty space. We're close to a major change =)

Thanks for replying.

Do you know any good sources on QED and also the electroweak force that aren't really too technical?

I don't know what they'll find when the LHC really fires up, but I think with things like that, Bose Einstein Condensates, and experiments like www.physorg.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

At a certain point the enlightenment philosophies (Tibetan Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta, etc) with their idea of non-dualism and the newly discovered ideas of quantum theory come to the exact same conclusion.

Non-dual means basically like my scrunched up sheet example on the OP. If you had a swimming pool full of water, then at some point in the middle you froze a small section. The icy bit would still basically be water, although it now has different characteristics. We are all connected to consciousness, we only THINK we're individuals and separate from other people and the things around us.

In quantum theory imagine the same thing this way. We are made of molecules, which are made of atoms, whcih are made of protons, neutrons, and electrons. This is sort of taught in school.
But... chemistry, physics, and quantum theory drop it a few more notches showing that the electron, for example, isn't actually a little ball spinning around the atom - we can only know that it will be in a certain area, like somewhere within a certain ring around the nucleus (proton(s) and neutron(s)).

So, the things we think are real, the neutron, proton, etc are actually just a cloud of energy within a certain area. Got it? good - now forget that!

The clouds we see are in actuality just vibrations of energy that can bleep in and out of existence as long as the balance/charge is always there. Tough to understand - think of it this way...

If you have $50 in the bank someone might borrow some of that, but when you want to get at your money there's always just exactly the right amount there. You might fly to London and use an ATM to get your money but it's still connected to your home bank balance.

Quantum theory along with Super String theory somewhat shows that nothing actually exists as a physical entity, it's all just balanced energy with a purpose, sort of like your bank balance. Wherever you go you still think you're living in physical reality, however it's just your perception - everything is really just energy balances.

So quantum theory and ancient Eastern philosophy are saying the same thing! We only think we exist and are separate but in actuality we are just energy with a purpose.

Now we get to the philosophy that says - DOES IT MATTER??? If I think I'm alive and separate I might as well live that way. Why oh why didn't I take the BLUE pill!?

I'm still glad I took the red pill though

As far as the electrodynamic forces - I don't think it's that necessary to get into it. Some atoms stick together in one way, some stick together in a different way. It gets technical and unless you wanna study nano-tubes, buckyballs, or technical mechanics of things it doesn't add that much to the theoretical understanding. Gravity is fascinating though and there are some people who believe gravity doesn't really exist as we think it does - sort of the same path as the above section!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Hi Thermo,

I have read through your entire thread. I have had my share of consciousness during sleep. It is a nice reference point to see alternative data that is non-physical in nature, however capable of taking on a sensation of reality that can at times rival what I experience in the waking opposite.

A lot of what I am prescribing to in terms of ideas and concepts do stem from the research at The Monroe Institute., Tom Campbell's work with "My Big Toe", and here is some other researchers that I am lending an ear to.

Brian Whitworth's paper called "The Physical World as a Virtual Reality" which introduces the concept that this "Reality" could be some type of "Virtual Reality" with a recursive feedback interface.

"The Mathematical Universe," Max Tegmark also embarks on VR theory. Included in this is the work of Nick Bostrum, "Are You Living In a Computer Simulation?"

Suffice to say there is a lot of other alternative physics such as String Theory and the Holographic Principle that also spark an interest. Fractal reality is also another self-similar system that I think helps us link self-similar states with a larger bigger picture of reality so to speak.

Great stuff! S&F.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I love the My Big TOE lectures

Another theory along these lines is Vortex Pluralism.

I think it's REALLY awesome to see our planet growing up and recognizing the real creative aspects of what it means to be us.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

The most fascinating subject I know of is consciousness. If humans are just particles flying around every which way and nothing more, then how is it we can experience our own consciousness? If there is no free will, then we should be no different than a computer processor and equally conscious as a computer processor. Yet, it would seem we exist on a higher plane of consciousness.

When a computer is simulating for example a video game with people moving about, regardless of how complex the people seem, it just isn't believable to me that these video game people are experiencing anything at all, and are really just reflections of electrons moving around on the chip.

My point is that there is something believable to me that consciousness is more than just particles obeying the laws of physics and that perhaps humans do have access "the matrix" as you've done using a special way to learn new information despite not having the direct known sensors to technically be able to get it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think people underestimate the power of the mind.
Who's to say your mind doesn't have the power to conceive of aliens that you can then contact and supposedly gain information from?
It's entirely possible you're going into another dimension, but it's equally possible that your mind is powerful enough to make you think you're traveling to another dimension. I know you didn't want the skeptic side, but I thought I'd chime in a little bit.

And could you elaborate on the 5th contact where the alien awoke you? Was he physically above you? Or did you just awake with his face imaged in your mind?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I love the My Big TOE lectures

Another theory along these lines is Vortex Pluralism.

I think it's REALLY awesome to see our planet growing up and recognizing the real creative aspects of what it means to be us.

I've talked to both Tom and Vernon, both are extremely brilliant people. The understanding that consciousness plays a key role in what we experience as reality, is completely fascinating to study and try to understand.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

I think the main issue is that consciousness is all around us and in us. To be human, os to have a veil of stupidity to what consciousness is. So to say "my own consciousness" makes no sense at all if looked at from the right point of view.

Imagine putting an empty cup into the water in the bathtub (simple example but my 2 year old just got out of the bath
). When you submerge the cup it fills with water. The water inside the cup, if it were able to perceive, might think of itself as different from the water in the tub, even though from our perspective it's all the same water.

This is how I think of being human - the "technology" of humanness is precisely to be ignorant of consciousness. Only we're starting to grow up more! This awareness of consciousness isn't just for shamans and people on acid anymore - it's starting to become a common awareness.

About the computer program - it's created in the material world. The material world is less subtle than consciousness and abides by different rules. It DOES exist in a way that's important for us humans. It's the same way a castle is made of bricks - the idea of the castle exists even though people don't really notice the material bricks. They both exist in different ways depending on the purpose and awareness of "being".
[This last paragraph doesn't feel quite right so if it doesn't make sense jus ignore it - I'll keep it here though just in case it resonates with someone out there
]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
It's entirely possible you're going into another dimension, but it's equally possible that your mind is powerful enough to make you think you're traveling to another dimension. I know you didn't want the skeptic side, but I thought I'd chime in a little bit.

I never mind the skeptic side, glad you chimed in.

I agree - it's hard to tell with astral travel if it's your imagination, it's real, or if you're crazy - all are equally plausible. If it wasn't for 30 years of practice I would never have shared this. Not sure how much of the thread you read, or if this part's in this thread, but I've done quite a bit of university level scientific research on states of consciousness. I can go astral, mentally communicate/activate a person in another room, and both of us show peaks in both galvanic skin response and in Theta waves on the EEG. I trust myself quite well after all these years.

And could you elaborate on the 5th contact where the alien awoke you? Was he physically above you? Or did you just awake with his face imaged in your mind?

It was in my mind's eye. Somehow it seemed like he was peering into me and took my whole "window of vision". Abductions and things like this are strange because it's hard to tell if you're physically there, or if you just ~think~ you're physically there. If you agree with my consciousness model here it actually doesn't make a whole big difference! If 90% of my conscious awareness thinks I'm somewhere and has re-created a body in my mind, then what's the difference if my 90% dead body is laying back in my house.
I do have a nice little scar from one of the abduction experiences I had - cool looking and looks like a slit that was somehow indented and healed from the inside. It was hot and aching a bit, the first thing I noticed when I "got back".

This theory is certainly not for everyone and honestly I'm really happy that quite a few people have gotten involved and asked questions and shared! I figured I'd get a new hole ripped somewhere for this one

Everything I've said here is exactly what I believe from my personal experience of life.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Great thread, Thermo Klein.

In my humble opinion, electromagnetics are the key to many of our greatest mysteries and potentials.

Thanks for your amazing story! I await your updates, as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join