It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Net Worth of US Presidents:Washington to Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Geez! Who knew that Washington was worth half a billion!
check 'em out. Goes to show the rich have ruled since day one!The Net Worth of US Presidents:Washington to Obama

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well, look at that would ya!? Millionaires - all of 'em!

Just goes to show ya - politics is a rich man's game!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Interesting that the Founders were loaded.
Hardly the common man!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Don't know if the founders were loaded, but Washington certainly was. The other thing to take into account is that we also don't know if they became this wealthy before, during or after their presidency. Example - Clinton has made tens of millions AFTER serving as President while Kennedy entered the game a multi-millionaire. Now THAT would be telling!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This just goes to show that the average person CAN'T be president, only the wealthy.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The funny thing that I saw in that article was how it was written like a sports blog. Enough insight to make you think they did some real research. And neatly compiled into a list of stats. Smells like cow chips to me.

Bush 1,2,3 are/were worth a combined 43 million? If the author believes that, then he is about as credible as the onion.

Also, its before, during, and after that they pad their bankrolls. I think they call them blind trusts.

Now, can they put a price on power?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

great find my friend, it is important to note the $ value was at their height and not their death or birth (where they came from and where they ended) because lets face it today even running for presidential primarys will make you rich. edwards was getting what 400000 a speach! interesting how the fonding fathers were loaded, do you think maybe the revolution was a land grab, or an attempt to consolidate and keep their wealth from england. if you really think about it the founding fathers sound no more diffrent then 2008 with the banks and the bankers who made out rich! its also interesting how the civil war presidents all the way up to the turn of the century where dead broke, and they always are remembered as the more honest politicians. less then 1 million number seems to be the key number for honesty!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
US Grant was never rich and nearly died penniless but for his memoirs he managed to finish while throat cancer was taking his life. He was never financially stable at any point in his life. Grant was simply a real, honest to goodness war hero, a brave man who the country elevated to the highest position in the land. Sure, probably all the rest were rich but please don;t lump this great american in with the rest!

Neither of the Adams' nor Jefferson were particularly rich, in fact Jefferson was in hock up to his neck for most of his life.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I don't think Obama was a millionaire until after his books started selling when he won the nomination.
He was a "professor" and Michelle was what? a lawyer?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Interesting to see that Obama is worth less than any since the 1950s. And people call him "elite".

Clinton really used the presidency to rack up some bucks!

Interesting piece!

top topics

join