It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Metallica code.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You people have all listened to these songs but you didn't notice what these songs were about, there is a lot of deep meaning in them and it will surprise you all. Their music is dark and depressing sometimes but it's worth understanding what they are getting at. It is Gnostic in nature,

transcendpolarisation.webs.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

Absolutely , there is indeed a lot of deep meaning in these songs .

I am an 'old-timer' with grandkids , and I still listen to Metallica . One of my favorite groups of all time . They ROCK !

I catch a lot of flack from my 'peers' , but I don't care ., I will listen to and enjoy them till the end .

He who has an ear , let him hear ...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ok so A) That's real friggin deep. Google Naglfar (the band). Borknagar. Emperor. Ignore the satanic crap, it's only there to upset the christians in each of their respective countries. The rest is the same thing that has been so eloquently "decoded" here. Most any black metal is more introspective than that garbage. Plus they have the balls to just do it for fun or whatever. Money has no real meaning there (google anything including the words "Metallica" "money" "hungry" "greedy" etc.) unlike ANYTHING to do with Lars Ulrich.

B) This is BTS crap for sure.

C) Kind of related to A)... If it's played on the radio, the only conspiracy is how many people it took working with various programs to find the right harmonies and most popular form of song styling at that point in time. "Come on guys! Let's make something that will go quadruple platinum!" is not someone who is out for the sake of art.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

Not sure I understand your post . You think Metallica sux , or what ?

I could be wrong but , I don't think the OP was bashing them ?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MayorOfCydonia

I loved metallica a few years ago...
I went to one of their concerts before I
turned 40.That was when they still had
Jason on bass.I don't know who the new
guy is.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

Going deep, introspective Black Metal...You'll need to tack on Enslaved, Old Man's Child, Vintersorg, and possibly Behemoth (though I wouldn't count these guys pure black metal).

Metallica is for people who want to be metal, but can't handle the real stuff. No offense to the OP, but if you want reall old school metal (from before or near the time of Metallica [80-83]), look up Kreator, Testament or Exodus (Metallica's lead guitarist came from this band if I'm not mistaken, after they kicked out Mr. Mustaine). Knock your sucks off and will help you quit metallica.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

That would be none other than Mr. Robert Trujillo himself .

Don't let the big four-o slow you down . I'm retired , and I aint never gonna give it up .

If it feels good , just do it .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcane Demesne

Thanks, I couldn't articulate very well. For some reason Metallica sends me from zero to rage in 1.4 seconds.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Metallica.
I've listened to them since their demo album.

Metallica writes songs like Steven king writes stories; They write about what scares them. I can't give enough props to Metallica, or Steven King in terms of their art(s).

What these "arts" means to me is to continue enduring all the adversity life can throw at you.

You never know what life really is until you have death staring you in the face. You then tend to learn how not to take things in life for granted. It is then, that you are truly alive, and in the spirit of living; a living spirit.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Yea , Kirk Hammett (?) formed Exodus , if I'm not mistaken ?

He was also listed in the 100 greatest guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone. Don't remember what year. Seems like he was in the top-20?

Sorry you guys don't like Metallica , they're good listening for an ol'fart like me tho ...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I could count 20 guitarist better than him in an instant, and they wouldn't even enter the top 100 of all time.

That said, I have nothing against Metallica (aside from the boring same riffs over and over again. play something different dammnit). I just can't stand the alter on which they are placed. They don't deserve it. Just my opinion (a minority one it seems).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's absolutely okay to listen to Metallica or whatever you damn well please, if you enjoy it. Don't let people babbling about "sell-outs" and "greed" and "corporate music" stop you from, or make you feel bad about listening to what you like.

As for Metallica's music being deep and meaningful, I don't know. I honestly haven't delved deep enough into their work in terms of deciphering the content.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

To be honest, Testament was never any good, just boring, uninspired Thrash. And Exodus really only had Bonded by Blood, and Another Lesson in Violence. Kreator, and pretty much any other Teutonic Thrash band was of course awesome!!! Don't forget about Sodom, Destruction, Holy Mosses, Exumer, and Mekong Delta of course.

Now, as far as Metallica's lyrics go, you can pretty much find a deeper meaning anything if you look hard enough.
But as stated before, there are many bands with better lyrics... Like Manilla Road, or Mercyful Fate.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

I knew you'd pull out the
Mercyful Fate judging from your KD avatar. That's kind of unfair...comparing Metallica to the master of mind and metal that is King Diamond.

That's like comparing Leonardo Da Vinci's masterpieces to a kindergardener's level of finger painting. I liked a lot of Testament, but yes, they are trite compared to Kreator and Destruction and the like. Though I must admit, I only like Testament when James Murphy came in, in the 90s. Didn't care for their 80's stuff either. Was just letting that guy know there was much more out there.

[edit on 5/22/2010 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Woohoo...this thread gives me the chance to tell everyone I am going to their concert in Brisbane in October.

Yeeeaahh...!!!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nick_napalm

You beat me to it. Manilla Road is awesome. Of course there are also bands like Massacre, Messiah, Dodheimsgard, and the mighty Ulver.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I've had those bands in my player since the mid 90's. Very awesome bands. I also have to lump Aura Noir, Beherit, and Hecate Enthroned, as well as the might Ulver.

I grew tired of Metallica after their "black" album. I much prefer Sepultura's Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation albums.

new topics

top topics

join