It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooters girl put on "weight probation"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A Hooters girl, who is smokin hot IMO, claims she was put on weight probation by the managers of her resturant.

She is now considering a weight discrimination lawsuit.

Are those guys freakin blind!

Update: Hooters server in Roseville claims management put her on 'weight probation'

Is 132 pounds too much to squeeze into a Hooters Girl uniform? It is, according to 20-year-old Cassie Smith, a two-year employee at Hooters in Roseville, who says management asked her to drop some pounds in order to keep her job.

Smith told Fox 2 her bosses and two other female Hooters executives said her "shorts and shirt size could use some improvement."

"These women proceeded to explain to me that I had 30 days and they would give me a free gym membership, and if I didn't improve within those 30 days I would be separated from the company," she said. "If I improved a little bit I would get 30 more days, and if I improved completely they would leave me alone."

Smith said she was horrified, heartbroken and humiliated, and she is considering a weight discrimination lawsuit against the restaurant.

According to The Hooters Girl blogger, the chain has circumvented such lawsuits by implementing a practice that all staff fit into the uniforms provided by the company. However, Hooters does not provide uniforms in sizes bigger than a medium:

The Hooters Girl: Hooters does not have an official maximum weight or size limit, however, Hooters Girls must be able to fit in to the trademark orange shorts. To my knowledge, all stores carry sizes xxx-small through small, and many also have mediums available. It is my understanding that shorts sized any larger than this are not actually used in stores, though this may be incorrect.

Ideally one would fit within the xxx-small through small range. Before panicking, realize that Hooters takes vanity sizing to the extreme. Basically, a xxx-small at Hooters is the equivalent of an extra small in the real world (sizes zero to two), an xx-small is equal to a real world small (sizes three to five), a small would normally be a medium (sizes six to eight), and a medium at Hooters would be a large elsewhere (sizes nine to twelve). This means that as a size ten, a Hooters medium, you fall within the range necessary to fit in to the Hooters shorts.

This does not guarantee that you will be hired, unfortunately. Depending upon hiring standards at the Hooters where you are applying, as well as the number of applicants that that Hooters sees on a regular basis, hiring managers may be more or less forgiving of women who are not particularly slender. As always, a sparkling, confident, upbeat personality and a conventionally attractive face will certainly increase one's odds of being hired as Hooters Girl, regardless how much they weigh.

Atlanta-based Hooters of America Inc. denies the claim. It said in a statement Tuesday that Hooters doesn't impose a weight requirement and "no employee in Michigan has been counseled about their weight."

The restaurant chain that featuring waitresses clad in tank tops and tight shorts says its standards are legal and fair.

Read more: M.Live.com

And, yes, I'll admit it, I posted this because the vid had lots of hot pics of hooters girls.

[edit on 5/21/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I agree..she's pretty darn hot!....not fat at alll

I was hoping for a chubby girl whining about losing her job at hooters.

But she's not fat.

I also agree that a "hooters" girl should be "above average" in the looks department....thats their trade mark.

This girl probably ticked off a manager...so that manager likely reported her for being a little too tubby..

sh'e not.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, they can fire you for whatever and not even give a reason. The girl doesn't look bad at all, but the company's main problem is providing a reason. They could have kept their mouths closed and it would have been the end of it. Very confused as to why they think she is fat.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well its a private company and its their perogative. Just like the clip said....Rockettes and Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders (DCC) have same type of rules and requirements.

Does it suck? Yup. Does she need to lose weight? Nope. Not at all.

I have no idea if she has a "case". But im sure she will get some $$ out of it.

I will add: if you are a DCC and you do put on weight they will tell you to lose it or you lose your position. Ive know a few of the girls on the team over the years - and they are super strict about your weight and looks.

Hooters is no different, obviously.

[edit on May 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Very confused as to why they think she is fat.

You and me both man.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

If you are in my employ and even look at me funny in my place of business; I'll fire your ass so fast it'll make your head swim. I pay the salaries, the bills and the overhead and do most of the work.

Hooters is a business not a charity. I hope Hooters turns around and files a lawsuit against her for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

Still she looked just fine to me!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
130 lbs and an extra small at 5'ft 8 is really slim. Really slim. They are expecting model thin.

I have seen heavier girls work at hooters and they are curvacious.

This just seems spiteful to me.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
She is incredibly unattractive, but she is not fat.

Kinda stupid to sue them while working there. Does she think they are gonna be sweet and kind to her now?

Did anyone see the King of the Hill in which Dale worked at Hooters, hoping they would fire him so he could sue?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
to be blunt....

I've seen some rather heavy girls stuffed into those orange shorts at Hooters.

this girl is not fat....she must have had other problems....something fishy.

We must solve this crime against this hottie!!!...C'mon ATS!!!!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

My libertarian ideology says that this should be ok. The government has no right telling a private company who they can/can't hire. And they have no business telling them they can't make their employees conform to a code.

I think hooter's girls are too fat in general anyway.

They chose to work there. They're not slaves.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

that comment was made by..

1. sarcasm
2. your a woman..likely an un-attractive one.
3. a gay gentleman.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Nope, to all 3. Just do not find her pretty in any way. But she is not fat at all.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
incredibly unattractive is a little extreme...

are you?

4. NFL quarter-back
5. Brad Pitt
6. Gene Simmons

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Nope, to all 3. Just do not find her pretty in any way. But she is not fat at all.

Yeah, I'll admit that her face isn't the prettiest around.

Although, it did take me a good while to get around to noticing it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
She looks fine to me this looks like a personal vendetta. However Hooters is not a private business they are corporation which means they contracted with the government to be regulated and therefore must follow the governments rules so she may have a case.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

No, just a normal guy who is not into blonds

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Agreed. I find her to be about a 4 on the 1-10 scale. Not fat though. Just really unattractive.

edit to add: I do go in for the blonde barbie doll type occasionally. She just looks more like a ken doll.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Raustin]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
we just proved why Hooters is successful....

full scientific analysis on this chicks hotness.

shallowness is making a comeback!!!!! yay!

I'd let her make me a sandwich when I was done...I'm a gentleman.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by wrathchild]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Looks like chivalry is making a comeback as well. What a great guy

I would be frightened having her anywhere near my... I can't make that joke here.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey she should have come down here in my neck of the woods, the Hooters girls here are not only big in the chest but big all over to make it even and nobody cares.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join