It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Al Qaeda Figure Accidentally Blows Himself Up, U.S. Officials Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Key Al Qaeda Figure Accidentally Blows Himself Up, U.S. Officials Say

www.foxnews.com

A man whom the U.S. described as a key figure in Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula accidentally blew himself up, U.S. military officials told Fox News.

The officials say Nayif Al-Qahtani was "messing with a bomb" when it went off.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Al-Qahtani was "a vibrant guy linked to ongoing operations planning, and his death will have an impact," one official told Fox News.

An Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula newsletter was the first to announce his death a week after the United States put terror sanctions on him. The newsletter did not say when it happened but said Al-Qahtani died in Yemen's Abyan province in the south of the country.

That is one way to test a bomb.

I for one am glad that loon didn't get any further than his room with his device. But this does question the level of sophistication these guys might be practicing. A sophisticated device might be more prone failure such as this one.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It's happened in the past. A few of my favorites:

The bomber that put on his vest, then fell down the stairs and set it off.

The bomber that was riding on the back of a motorcycle with another ass-hat. They approached the checkpoint, then decided to turn around for some reason. The driver wrecked the bike and the bomb on the guy on the back detonated.

Comedy Gold.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Precious, about the motorcycle story. Apparently this guy was one of their brightest. Intel was watching him for awhile when what ever he was working on decided to grant him a early pass for those 80 y/o virgins in the afterlife.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

I STRONGLY suspect that in actuality, he was assassinated by a Yemeni government agent. In order to direct blame from Yemen, though, and possible retaliation by Al Qaeda, they concocted this story. This happens more times than you can imagine.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Not sure how to embed but i wonder if it looked anything like this

en.sevenload.com...

Wish these guys would just keep doing the work for us.

edits to try and embed... i fail again.
[edit on 21-5-2010 by SiKFury]

[edit on 21-5-2010 by SiKFury]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That's pure comedy gold! All it's missing is a pie face!

IRM

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Definitely need a pie in the face emote here...

Here is a Terrorist Blooper video..

Video Is GRAPHIC, WARNING

Terrorist Bloopers

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Oops?

My bad - second line!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You see what truly happened was there was a secret tape recording of dialog discovered after the explosion. The following shocking developments where discovered a man known only as Najif, no relation to the first name Naryif Al-Qhatayani had a secret plan. Nariyif was preparing the bomb and could not make up his mind on which wire to insert into the device so silly he asked Najif which one to chose.

"Najif is it the Red wire, or green wire that goes to the timer?"

"Red is a pretty color flows pretty from infidels."

"Fine red then"

"No wait green is also nice make for pretty paintings."

"Ah make up your melons Najif, I have Shwarma burning on the stick."

"Shwarma, I love Shwarma and you never share. I believe it is red."

"You sure if I blow up you go with me."

"Its red you fool, red, I will call you a capitalist pig dog if you don't insert the red one."

"Fine then! I am no..." As soon as the wire was placed the timer quickly moved to ten seconds. And continued Moving" Najif I KILL YOU!" Najif ran screaming like a woman as Nayrif gave brieflychase, dreaming of Shwarma, and bravely escaping with dreams of Spited spinning mea Najif made it. Nayrif had no chance against such desarted determanation to steal this meal. As soon as he tried to leave his room, the timer reached zero, boom, no more Shwarma for Naryif, much more Shwarma for Najif, that is until he was arrested with this tape in hand, and the brief smell of Tahni still on his breath. After asking for the recipe and receiving no response, the police had no choice but to torture him for further information. Not knowing the only man who knew the secrets was allready gone, due to the ultimate Shwarma treachery.

Forgive my indulgence but I just could not help my self. (Shwarma is like a Gyrro for those that do not know)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Golithion]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

www.alqaedadoesntexist.com...

"Al-Qaida,(sic) literally 'the database,' was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians," admits former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook, whose Foreign Office portfolio included control of British Intelligence Agency MI-6 and the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), in a column published by the UK Guardian newspaper.
(www.guardian.co.uk...)

In other words, the so-called "Al Qaeda," which was misnamed and misreported by Government/ Media as "The Base" (not the "database") and then promoted by the Government/ Media Cartel as the cause of all bombings and terrorism since the destruction of the World Trade Center in New York on September 11, 2001, is simply a database of CIA trained "terrorists" (or "freedom fighters," depending on your perspective) which has become a convenient Global Boogeyman for the 21st Century.

Where is Bin Laden?? it doesn't strike you as odd, that after all this time the FBI still does not list him on the top ten for 911, yet we still chase this fake group around the planet?....

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignore is Strength....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

HA! great news. All I can say is LOL about this...too funny, better him than our troops.
good riddance the world is a better place.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Mr. Reeferman,

Al-Qaeda per your link says that it is a collection of extreme islamic fundamentalists. So in other words these extreme islamic fundamentalists are still present & are requesting early passes to meet their 80y/o virgins in the afterlife.

The presence of this extreme wing has many groups all of them collectively called Al-Qaeda, AlQaeda isn't a name of one particular group but the entire network.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
that is great kinda made my day! Funny as hell to find out that a "key" al-qaeda figure was a complete idiot!! what an ass

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
New guy......................................tried to practice.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Its amazing that both sides of the war have thier well respected idiots. They have this douchesocket, and the west has everyones fave duo of destruction, yes folks, all the way from the ninth circle of hell, IIIIIIITS GEORGE W. BUSH AND TONY BLAAAAIIIIR! In fact, this dude, and Tony Blair have a lot in common. This dude blew himself up by accident while handling a volatile substance, with the intent to kill with it. Tony Blair commited career suicide by accident while handing a volatile world leader, with the intent of killing with him. I guess some losses are easier to bare than others .

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Well he was making an instruction video, maybe...

new topics

top topics

join