It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everything in that marsh is DEAD tonight!" --Obama's Katrina.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by loam
Tell me if this doesn't sound like Obama's Katrina?

I was thinking about this and it dawned on me that this phrase can mean several things...

What I mean when I say it is that Obama will be seen by many as one of the people to blame for the extent of the damage. Not that he had any foreknowledge of it or could have done anything about it.

I wonder... what does "Obama's Katrina" mean to you (and others posting here)?

I mean it in the sense that Obama and his administration have responded to this crisis as incompetently as Bush did to Katrina. The parallels are shockingly similar.

Listening to the first video, and then considering such information as presented in the booming video, clearly shows everyone has their heads up their backside!

reply to post by Snarf

Originally posted by Snarf
I find it funny how you can directly tie most anti-obama threads on HERE, chronologically to how they appear on Faux News.

This may be Obama's Katrina, but why does it ALWAYS have to be about Bush & Obama?

Why can't people come up with their own crap and stop imitating their idols from the MSM?

No offense, but that is rather a lazy dismissal of the topic. I do not watch television, so accordingly, I couldn't have borrowed the point from the MSM or Fox News.

Maybe they read my threads.

reply to post by andrewh7

Originally posted by andrewh7
There wasn't a week of warning and there wasn't a week delay to get supplies necessary to save human lives.

Fox News came up with this comparison because they've been planning it since he took office.

Another ridiculous assertion. Obama has had a month!

You clearly have not been paying attention, nor do you obviously understand the situation...

Even if one accepts the government lacked the expertise to assist in this disaster, why did they protect BP's singular interest of limiting any flow of information to the public, other scientists, and other OIL COMPANY experts?

As I have said previously, if the government and BP were as effective at limiting the flow of oil as they have been with limiting the flow of information, we'd all be back to discussing the alien's responsibility for missing socks.

This is Obama's 'Katirina' because so far, he and Bush appear to be playing from the same playbook...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think you're right Loam. Obama's administrationhas failed miserably for the most part. I don't know if he was relying on BP to fix this mess...in which BP has LIED THEIR ASSES OFF from the beginning...but he has taken way too long.

I understand that there are TONS of things going on in the world right now and I can't imagine having to deal with all of it, but obviously this should be a TOP PRIORITY.

I just hope this disaster doesn't end up as a "worst case scenario."

ONE MONTH...unbelievable. If they weren't prepared for a disaster like this to happen then it should have never been allowed.

Unfortunately BP was self regulatory...and if they weren't more stringent safeguards could have easily been in place to keep this from happening.

It worries me to know that there are most likely many other oil rigs out there that don't have those safeguards...and are just another accident waiting to happen.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think HALIBURTON SABOTAGED THE RIG. Exxon Mobil are wanting to takeover BP ! shares have dropped

[edit on 22-5-2010 by galloways]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Raspberries & rotten tomatoes to you, anti-Obama fans have used this "Obama's Katrina" several times to mimick Bush's failure, now you think you have a "fit". This is Dick Cheney/Haliburton's Katrina, check Haliburton's record of disasters in the last 9 yrs including 9/11. Who's responsible for the explosion? You guys are making the facts fit YOUR circumstances. So now Obama's the big oil man! I could easily fit the blame to the "drill, baby, drill" crowd for this stupidity. If there is anyone in Obama's admin that can be blamed it's Salazar for not stopping the oil companies from making up their own rules (BP drilling long past the legal contracted depth for this well). GWB Admin is responsible for the wining, dining, sex & coc aine with the oil companies but blame Obama. You're in the minotity with this willfully ignorant bulls#!t & you probably really believe it! Fox news watchers stay ignorant!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Every day Its on my mind. Evey morning I drive to work I think another day arrived, another day a million (?) liters of oil/methaan has hit the ocean again. The ocean I love so much.

The mainstream media here in Holland is talking about all kind of crap but almost nothing of this tremendous disaster.

Its a bloody shame. People should go to jail for this.

US citizens: walk the streets, organize, march the streets, stop working, stop with everything: protest protest protest!!!
NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT!!!
SAVE THE GULF!!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by travisirius

Originally posted by travisirius
You guys are making the facts fit YOUR circumstances.

That's right. The President and his administration have no responsibility for managing or responding to the crisis.

You're in the minotity with this willfully ignorant bulls#!t & you probably really believe it!

Sad, really.

You're demonstrating the same kind of blind loyalty to Obama, as Bush supporters did for their guy.

We have incompetent leaders, because we have an incompetent electorate, willing to overlook all manner of foolery for the sake of their 'team'.

When you throw around the ignorance label, I suggest you look to the mirror.

*sigh*

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by loam

In the most recent revelation, Times-Picayune reporter David Hammer found that BP chose to forgo a crucial test of the cement linings in the Deepwater Horizon's well. The contractor who was hired to perform the cement bond log test said BP officials sent the workers home without conducting it. The test, which checks the strength of cement protecting the well's metal casing, could have revealed problems with the job, according to congressional testimony by a Halliburton executive.

In addition, schematics of the cementing design provided to Congress by contractor Halliburton are missing a key seal between two sections of metal casing. Experts said that would be a design flaw that would allow natural gas to blast into the well undetected and cause the rig's explosion.

The test that BP chose not to conduct could have revealed that flaw.

BP executives have conceded that the company is responsible for the oil spill and for paying the costs of its clean-up. But in news interviews and in congressional hearings, BP officials have repeatedly said the operation and safety of the rig was the responsibility of its main contractor and rig owner, Transocean.

But it was BP officials who decided not to conduct the final test on the cement job. BP also decided to prematurely begin removing the drilling mud that kept downward pressure on the well, investigators have found.

These findings suggest the company may have been trying to rush the capping of the well, in ways that helped precipitate the disaster
www.nola.com...

Halliburton May Be Culprit In Oil Rig Explosion
www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is a conspiracy site, why hasn't anyone listed this as the "true conspiracy"?
OIL RIG DISASTER - HALIBURTON SABOTAGED THE RIG !
www.nowpublic.com...
After all the news has speculated without calling Obama a terrorist!
Between these 3 who has proven the most evil?
D Cheney
GW Bush
B Obama
Between these 3 who has proven the most incompetent?
D Cheney
GW Bush
B Obama
Between these 3 who has proven the stupidiest?
D Cheney
GW Bush
B Obama
Get your conspiracies correct, Obama is the amatuer here & least likely. The rightwingers on this thread are wishing he's responsible & your rightwing media is trying furiously to pin it on him. 8 years of evil points to the last Admin & fits their MO.
Nice try but evil is as evil does.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

come on guys... all of you know that america is in the hands of the oil barons???? name me one president since ww2 who wasend in the hands of the oil maffia...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I posted about the marsh's in another thread back when the leak was first announced. Marsh's are more and do more then just laying around and stinking. THEY ARE THE OCEANS WATER FILTER. Yes this marsh will be dead. This only presents a new problem.. If the Marsh's truly die there will be a lot more problems then just the oil. When Marsh's die they release EVERYTHING they have filtered from the ocean. So just think about it. All the stuff trapped from Waste Water Run offs, Mercery from the ocean itself, Pesticides and so on. Everything damaging to the ocean can be found in Marsh's. Let the Marsh die and the work it did over the last 100+ years gets leaked back into the ocean.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Great video Loam, everyone should watch it.

It amazes me they don't have some serious precations to offshore drilling lines like this in the way of valves/check valves, friggin double and triple lined with valves just incase of an event like this. Preperation is 9/10ths of the job done as we plumbers say. You can look at that 2 ways, preparing for the job your doing, as it basically means, or preparing for a worst case scenario which obviously wasn't done hear.

Seriously though, I feel bad for those folks who live offf of, and near those marshes that are already screwed.

So projections are this "leak" is gonna get into the gulf stream toward the end of this month, and most likely we'll be seeing oil on the beaches of the SW coast of Florida.

If the don't cap this off quick, or properly boom this oil is gonna be running wild through the lochs and channels of Florida, perhaps even destroying the already jacked up state of the Everglades.

Forget about what it's gonna look like in Louisiana by that time.

I like whoever said, we're frigging splitting atoms, we can put a man on the moon, but we can't cap off a damned oil leak underwater? WTH

Starred, and Flagged and all that.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Nola213]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

You're demonstrating the same kind of blind loyalty to Obama, as Bush supporters did for their guy.
------
You got all of that from me defending a Pres. who hasn't been in office 2 yrs yet but 8 yrs of deregulation, scandal involving the Bush Admin & oil companies and a VP who used to(still is) running company who caused this makes "blindly loyal"!
Sounds like you have aloyalty all your own, seperate from the evidence!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Drill two or three extra holes, letting the oil out even faster...

Wait until the oil gets all the way up the east coast...

Set the oil on fire, creating a massive cloud of black smoke that chokes everybody east of the Mississippi, who have not evacuated because they are still ignorant of the truth...

Set off two or three massive nuclear bombs, because of the profusion of holes from which the oil is still gushing...

How many chapters of Revelations does that cross off of the list? I'm not being sarcastic. I seriously believe that TPTB are using the christian end-of-the-world scenario as their playbook, because they want people to just sit in their houses or crowd into local churches and wait for TSTHTF.

F$&^*#K!!!!!!!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No comment here on politics or government; I'm not well versed enough in those things.

Bureaucracy and incompetence - those I am somewhat familiar with though.

I noticed a couple posts here mentioning "The US Army Corps of Engineers". I don't think most people know what this is or what it does. Or, they have some idea that it's like a John Wayne movie and a brigade of rough n ready soldiers (who are also geniuses) are going to charge in and save the day.

Here's some basic info about them from Wikipedia:
USACE

As you can see - 98% of these workers are civilians.

Considering the number of employees further - its a government entity so there's alot of bloat. 20 - 30% of these people are probably unnecessary. And out of most of these employees - most are desk jockeys, CAD operators, low level grunts, and on the other end is management people who are paper pushers and BSers.

There are very few who are any sort of 'expert' and even fewer still who have direct experience with oil spills.

This 'agency' is not without it's incompetents either. ALL entities have many, as was remarked about BP execs in the one video. In any business, there are idiots, and the USACE does attract its fair share.

Common sense also dictates that people *forget* things. If as example one has gone through school and then works restoring Rolls Royces for 20 years - OK you can't just grab this person, point them at a broken Space Shuttle and say - OK smart guy - go fix *that*. Likewise with USACE people - sure they have alot of "water" experience - but most do not have direct experience with spills and likely have forgotten anything they learned in school.

And of course a great lot of these people just shuffle paperwork from one desk to another. It's a gov agency, think about it.

Someone less lazy than I could maybe figure the odds on some John Wayne Genius existing within the USACE. Pretty slim is my off the cuff guess

A better bet would be someone within academia. Not a whole lot of people their either. This is a relatively obscure field. You don't see them teaching refinery architecture at your local Junior College, do you?

And of course the wheels of government grind slowly. Even if they do "find" the few experts who can "fix this" - these things take time. And paperwork. LOTS of paperwork.

It's not a TV show where Professor Frink is going to swing in like Indiana Jones and Save The Day.

It would be great if that could be.

Thanks for the videos.
S&F

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Even though i'm from the UK but to me I can't believe how he say that to the US Citzen in katrina but in my opinion didn't obama tries to destroy the consitution so that we can't defend our rights? What about the people who believed in Obama i don't think they care about it cause of mass brainwash with music and news.

I seriously want the world to wake up whats happening to us without them knowing it, but they all believe in there government promising lies! Which makes me sick.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Alright here's my first post, been hur 4 a long tyme but never joined so whats up ats! ATS is by far the best conspiracy site eva. great mind's on here and sum ummmm not so great!

so this oil spill is horrible now from the first vid it said it happened on 4/20 at night sumtyme now i may be mistaken isnt 420 sum crazy guys (adolfs) birthday or sumthin, i may be wrong hur. im not trying to say the elite were in on this for money or w/e but it did strike me that it happened on 4 two 0hhhhhhh!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Methane is what will be the biggest threat over the next month continuing for years. As these deep plumes are funneled into the warm gulf stream they will release thousands of times their present volume of gas as it comes out of the ice matrix it is presently in.
Additionally as the oil destroys coastal marsh land it will release trapped methane along with hydrogen sulfide( a deadly gas that smells of rotten eggs) compounding the gas released by the spill. This could well make the coastal areas "kill zones" as clouds of the gasses drift and displace oxygen.
This will also be triply compounded by the noxious gasses coming from the decomposing sea life that has and is dying.
I made the point very early on after some calculations about the vast amount of methane this eruption will release into the water as a clathrate and how enormous releases have in the past cause huge die offs and even a theorized mass extinction event. This was of course ridiculed by the officer Barbradys here( you know" move along, nothin' to see here). I am repeating it again. even conservative estimates of this spill are releasing an unbelievable volume of gas. That the gas in even one of the plume mentioned if it hit shallow water and outgassed would cause a possible firestorm disaster of a literal Kiloton yeid.
That is just the immediate threat over six months over longer time the drift of oil that has hit the gulf current will devastate the ocean in a loop circling the atlantic possibly creating a dead zone in the center.
To be clear if even a portion of this occurs it will be beyond human experience.
N.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Obama has proven himself to be a "hands off" president. It is clear that he would rather deflect blame onto others than actually step up and lead in a time of crisis. Besides, he does only what he is told to do.

That said, this will be a political vehicle to demonize big oil, and to ban offshore drilling... And will also be exploited fully to push through the cap and trade bill.

Yes, ecologically this disaster will rank among the worst ever when said and done... But prepare yourselves for the resulting impact on the economy, including much higher fuel and energy costs, higher taxes on energy, oil shortages and rationing. Add all of this to an already bad economy and you can see that collapse despite all efforts to stop it will be inevitable.

The President's inaction and finger pointing have been painfully obvious signs that he, his administration and democrat congress want to "let this one go" NEVER waste a crisis, when it presents a timely opportunity to advance an agenda.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

When Carville turns on Obama, you know there is trouble.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
From the man, himself. His Weekly Address:

A commission.

"...two million total feet of boom to help contain it....."

I guess he didn't go to ****ing booming school either!

How can anyone watch that address and not be angry?

What a freakin' joke! I counted 26 seconds, out of 5 minutes and 26 seconds, concerning current efforts to address the crisis.

What are you doing NOW, Mr. President?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by loam]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I know it may be shocking but for me the most plausible explanantion is that the leak is maintained on purpose, just like they "agravated" katina by not helping.
Also 9/11 ... They can only cap it with a nuke. Russian have been doing htis for a while, I'm surprised they hesitate to do it. Seriously there's something fishy.
And obama is just the same kind of man as bush ... That should makes you think.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by ickylevel]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join