It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everything in that marsh is DEAD tonight!" --Obama's Katrina.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The Gulf is #ed. lol

Ah well, maybe we'll learn from this... bwahahaha.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

This is the first story I have seen of oil breaching into any marsh or even the beaches on mainland. Where is this marsh located?

The only reason i could think of for refusing a permit would be that... no one cared about the marshlands?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is Obama's Katrina. His biggest and only accomplishment he will ever reach was getting elected. He certainly don't want to top it by efficiently and responsibly seeing over the clean up of this massive flow of oil the AP keeps reporting as a spill. Meanwhile our ocean is dying along with the marine life and peoples livelihood.

Not Mr. Tony Hayward's livelihood,

He received over 6 million dollars in compensation last year. For that kind of money BP oil was cheated since as a CEO Mr. Hayward would have the responsibility to ensure safe oil drilling for his corporation. Mr. Hayward’s compensation package was increased by 41 percent which doubled his income from the year previous even though oil profits were lower by 45 percent. Is BP Oil rewarding a CEO for poor performance or what is the reasoning of increasing the CEO”s pay without increase in profit or performance? It appears that Tony Hayward was compensated more for reducing “operational costs” such as fewer safety measures and fewer shut off valves and cutting corners to increase profits.

Source

Drill baby drill, It's just a small spill....... S&F

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If everything goes the way it has for the past MONTH!
Here's what we have to look forward too.

www.google.ca...:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7SKPB_en&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=8Lz3S_v BGIT78AaCkLnQCg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=7&ved=0CEEQsAQwBg

Once this gets into the Gulf Stream and believe me it will the destruction will be Biblical!

Now lets all keep an eye on this site becuase once the inevitable Hurricanes start the oil will cover the entire SE US and more.

www.nhc.noaa.gov...

SHAME ON AMERICA FOR NOT DOING EVERYTHING IN IT'S POWER AND MORE!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

wow good argument.

they could use the new non-nuclear big boy with similar results i would think?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
The Gulf is ****ed. lol

Ah well, maybe we'll learn from this... bwahahaha.

Wow, what an insensitive post there, and from a place far away from the affected area none the less. Good job making the world a worse place there for the seconds I read your post.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by unruly1
SHAME ON AMERICA FOR NOT DOING EVERYTHING IN IT'S POWER AND MORE!

I totally agree, We should exhaust all resources until this problem is resolved.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Can somebody embed this ?

Could be important.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
IMO a lot of you are missing the point.

What will this oil spill do? Long term. Think about it for a second. This is the perfect example of a free market type of situation in which a company has failed to keep its end of a bargain. A company has endangered a whole ecosystem, possibly sent an economy into a slow death, and destroyed thousands of jobs and lives.

This is the perfect example of why corporations and companies can not be trusted to uphold their end of the bargain. Many scream for loose regulations and less government intervention, but when # hits the fan people are screaming for government help.

This is a lesson to the world. A curtain has been lifted. We see the the true face of careless companies who rape, pillage, and violate for whatever profit margins they can gain. A curtain has been lifted, the people of the world can see the dangers of its oil addiction. A cry for nuclear, wind, solar, tidal, and geothermal energy will be heard. This is a revelation of our disease. Now a cure shall be sought out. It will be found through government regulation and intense funding to alternative energy sources.

The world will witness this tragedy and it will take notice of these criminals who have promised to pay the citizens and the nation it harmed with full compensation. The world will see BP attempt to renege on its promise. The American people will get its first real view of what happens when there is no government intervention in the face of big and powerful companies. After this, the world will change, and hopefully for the better.

Its a lesson learned. Obama's Katrina...I think not. More like the American's People awakening to a little truth about big business and offshore oil drilling.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
So why has BP not drilled around that pipe to relieve the pressure and flow coming out of the broken pipe.

If you were to drill down around the broken pipe a few more holes and start sucking the oil out fast enough you should reduce the output instead of just letting it pour out at full force.

The oil should take the path of least resistance....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Great job on getting the word out Loam. And thank you. We're in for it big time. I read someone's post in another forum who WAS a shrimper down on the coast. The poor dude has lost not only his career but his very way of life. Ever been to a crab boil, or a shrimp boil? If you have, save the pictures you took so you can tell your children what it was like. The devastation is truly heartbreaking, but even more so is the inaction and incompetence of these people that are "in charge."

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ~~Galaxy

Pretty amazing coincidence

The line out from Nola is where this Gulf Oil disaster is??? I dont though believe it was on purpose.....I think??

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

And yet, what has the great, wonderful and all-powerful government done in the last month to stop this? It seems to me that they've been about as effective here as they were in stopping the floods during Katrina, which is to say, not very.

Sure, there needs to be a Congressional review of what happened here and whether the safety procedures are adequate, but if you're expecting these idiots to save you, you're going to be disappointed.

And just to add, remember, the same government retards that you're asking us to put our faith in are the same ones who forced the oil companies to drill in deep water with their bans on drilling in many shallow coastal waters and on land. Had this accident happened in one of those areas, it would've been much easier for BP to reach and probably would've been fixed by now.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by vor78]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That's my point. Let the Company try to work it out. We are noticing that they can not. Now the same people screaming about too much Government involvement are screaming for more Government involvement now. Its hypocritical, and the longer the government allows BP to handle it on its own, the more people will see that this laze-fair style barely works.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I find it absolutely frickin amazing that we can send MEN TO THE MOON but we can't stop a pipe leak 1 mile underwater.

What a disaster.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

It is hypocritical, I agree, but they're looking to the wrong solution. The government is what has indirectly created this mess in the first place. Again, they're the ones who have forced the oil companies into deeper and deeper waters, making a repair job next to impossible. They're also the ones who have passed all manner of regulations preventing the construction of nuclear plants and other energy sources that might have alleviated much of the need for offshore drilling in the first place.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Up to this point, I really don't think we as a species had done any irreparable damage to the planet. Perhaps we hadn't cut it so deeply it couldn't heal. But this is beyond....This will go down as the biggest blight to mother nature in the history of humanity IMO. WHAT have we DONE?!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

How to Stop the Gulf Oil Leak

The idea I'm presenting here may not reach any of the the key advisers of President Obama. However I'm going to present it here anyway. Anyone who has ears to listen will listen and I hope this idea will be delivered to them to fix this environmental disaster, unless they have already figured it out.

I almost have the feeling that they do not have the real intention to plug the hole as I have been waiting for someone to come up with the same solution.

Basically, we have to learn from the failure of the idea of putting a gigantic concrete cap on top of the leak. It was the methane gas that basically made the concrete cap to float (or tilt) before it reaches down to the bottom of the ocean and seal the leak.

The simplest way to seal the gushing oil leak is to make a 100-200 feet long concrete pole, the diameter of which of one end is about two inches and gradually become thicker so that the diameter of the other end becomes about the twice of the size of the drilled oil hole's diameter. Also make sure to put a at least 50 feet long two inch diameter steel metal rod to stick out of the smaller diameter side of the concrete pole. And lower it vertically and slowly so that the long steel metal rod becomes the guide so that the pole does not miss the hole using the underwater camera.

The physically (and mathematically) correct way to design the correct sized concrete pole is to find the total gushing force by multiplying the outpouring pressure and the area of the hole. And then the weight(mass times 9.8m/sec^2) of the whole concrete pole has to be at least 10 - 50 times larger than the net outpouring force.

The advantage of this method is that the enormous out pouring pressure of the gushing oil and the methane gas will not stop the lowering effort of this sharp pointed, long concrete "tooth pick" going down the deep water and plug the hole.

This is the only way to plug the hole 100% clean. Throwing down the rocks and debris toward the hole won't work because they will be pushed out of the entrance of the hole because of the sheer pressure of the outpouring force before they reach the bottom of the ocean.

I wonder why this type of contingency plan has not been adopted by the off shore oil drill company in case this kind of disaster happens because Murphy's law says "What can happen will

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Yet another BP project here in Canada that has been proven as much as a ecological disaster as what happening in the Gulf of Mexico.

If you think of it, the waters in the Gulf and area are being tainted from the south and from the North comes the tailings from the Tars sands project.

Once again Hayward from BP plays down all the FACTS.

So SHAME ON CANADA AS WELL!

priceofoil.org...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Silly David.. we never really went to the moon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join