It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everything in that marsh is DEAD tonight!" --Obama's Katrina.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This guy in the OP’s video sounds heartbroken, I’m not an emotional type but my heart breaks for him.
I have a favorite spot in the sierras I go there to hunt camp shoot or just relax, it is very comforting. I guess if I went up there and found everything covered in oil I would be crushed too. Now it’s too late and a lot of animals will die along with some scenery destroyed for many generations. It is a sad day in the history of this country.
Now who was it that claimed this oil would never hit land or beaches, and they would be vindicated for saying so? I wish you were vindicated and was right, sorry for you. Maybe you can open your eyes now.
(Edit)

Wait a minute and I’ll give you back the microphone in a second.
OP I’m really happy for you and imam let you finish but.
I’d just like to say Barrack Obama doesn’t like old people!

[edit on 22-5-2010 by g146541]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I can't believe poeples ignorance. I live in Washington state and most people here don't have a clue. I mentioned it to someone the other day and they said that they thought it had been stopped already. Oh man....

I think the only people aware of the methane issues are readers like us on ATS and the science blogs. I can't help but wonder if that might have something to do with the way this is being....approached.

Think about it....if bubbles of burping methane are the bigger concern for the containment crews, this would completely change how they approach it. It might explain a lot.

It would also explain why we are being kept in the dark. I think if the true scope of this disaster were made public knoweldge, the toll would be more than our government could take right now (remember, stocks are already a tight rope act this could tip that scale too).

Treacherous ground indeed.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
[edit on 22-5-2010 by HunkaHunka]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Doing zilch about a problem and appearing not to care is exactly the same, dunno what you are on about.

Incompetence, and an inability to address it is the same.

Hmm, i guess i will say this, just because it is amazing how far this is going, and how its being played down so much...Nostradamus was saying something about the seas turning black ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm tired of hearing this called 'Katrina'.

This was an act caused by the greed of man.

I have felt, because of a dream, that this was something caused by a spirit that is upon us. Last I heard, the govt. didn't have a department of oil spill cleanup.

Halliburton has the clean up company, the experts, and Halliburton is also one of the prime suspects.

Come on, that is a mess.

Katrina was bad, but this is nothing like Katrina.

Obama looks like a stupid model spokesperson but he already looked like that about a week after he took office. I say that, and I voted for him.

There's no one. NO ONE out there that we've been giving power to that really cares about the environment enough to regulate the most serious risks to this planet- big corporations and big black military who knows what projects.

I had some eggs of faith in Ron and Rand Paul's basket but after Rand came out saying BP was a good company that just made a little boo-boo, I don't know.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by loam

Starred and Flagged.

This is CONSPIRACY unfolding in real-time.

There are only two possibilities, and they are not mutually exclusive:

1.) Obama is allowing this to happen, as a prelude to pushing through his "Cap and Trade" legislation.

2.) Obama is the dumbest president that we have ever "elected".

I chose both 1 and 2.

This entire spill is a disgrace. As soon as it happened, Obama should have sent in the US Army of Engineers. There is no way he should have allowed BP to continue to play with the entire welfare of the US Coastal Areas, the fisherman, and all who live near the coast.

He had plenty of time to "entertain" the criminal leader of Mexico, with a White House Gala, then allowed that crook to criticize Arizona's legally passed law, but he has no time to step in and cap this leak.
BP does NOT WANT to cap the leak, because they still believe that they can recoup losses, by salvaging some of the oil, with this LUDICROUS "garden hose placed into a giant leak.

This is grounds for IMPEACHMENT, since his inaction has threatened the entire coastal future of this country.
I say it is time to IMPEACH OBAMA.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by ProfEmeritus]

WHAT WAS HE SUPPOSED TO DO?!?! PICK UP A SHOVEL AND BUCKET?!

These IDIOTS who think Obama swam under the sea, rigged the explosion, JUST to try and outdo Bush, if that's possible (which it clearly isn't), are really getting on my nerves and letting he oil companies off REALLY lightly.

I might be taking that version of events a bit too far, but come on people, WORSE THAN KATRINA???

Oh yea, that's right, because almost two thousand people are dead because of this.....er hang on - has Kanye been on TV again??? NO!

PEOPLE NEED TO CALM DOWN - EIGHT years of having your country governed by a former oil company owner (Arbusto - look it up!) and you think THIS is all down to some guy from Chigaco?????

...sorry I didn't mean to say Chicago, I clearly meant Kenya, or "Muslimistan" or wherever he's supposed to be from this week.

Grow up guys - there's alot to be said about the well documentd Republican stance towards oil rigs under Bush, and his preference towards NOT trying to help the environment (Kyoto, anyone? Well, NOT for the US) by giving oil companies a free ride ($6+ a gallon - remember that?!) ALL OF WHICH HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED ON ATS, MAY I ADD.

You have very short memories, people.

The notion that Obama is LETTING this happen is fantasy at best.

Have 95% of the ATS community, prior to 2008, has been replaced by militant wing of the self-rightcheous republican party or something?!

BP do this and what... you lot won't criticise them - ON ats?!?!???

I think you've all been bribed by Tony Hayward.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Stop whining America!

Barry is NOT the problem - YOU ARE!!!

Stop acting like a bunch of little girls!

RIGHT NOW!!!

Now is the time for ALL REAL Americans to take action. I will give you a few simple steps to follow:

1. Every property owner who has gotten ONE DROP of this oil washed up
on their land is to IMMEDIATELY contact an attorney and start the process
for filing a CLASS ACTION suit to recover damages from British Petroleum.

2. Local county sheriff to move to CLOSE ALL British Petroleum operations in
a county where damage from the spill has occurred to make ready for a
sale when the suit from Step-1 is decided.

3. Every American with a British Petroleum credit card is to CUT IT UP and
mail it back to them in leu of a payment. Add a note stating that you will
NOT HONOR YOUR CREDIT CARD DEBT to them.

4. Every American with British Petroleum stock is to SELL ALL shares on
Monday. If you are in a retirement fund contact the fund manager and
DEMAND they divest of ALL British Petroleum shares NOW!

5. Any REAL American left in the US Navy,( it seems the US Coast Guard has
been lost to us ), that is in the vicinity of a British Petroleum Oil rig
ANYWHERE in the world, is to blockaded and take it, as "a prize".
( the American people will give the crew of any US vessel that takes such
action a heros welcome home the likes of which have not been seen
since the end of WWII ).

No one in Washington, DC will help you . . . DO IT YOURSELF ! ! !

Give TPTB something to talk about, at their up coming meeting - instead of letting them
make "their" plans for YOUR FUTURE! Give them the STICK!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Uncle Sam tried to find a new vein in his track-marked arm. This time the needle broke off. Instead of calmly calling 911 and staunching the bleeding he runs down the street to his dealers house dripping blood and they get creative with the toolbox. If it hits the shipping in LA we will be flopping on the floor. You cannot ground a ship full of flammable liquid floating on a flammable liquid for unloading.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wanderingwaldo
Uncle Sam tried to find a new vein in his track-marked arm. This time the needle broke off. Instead of calmly calling 911 and staunching the bleeding he runs down the street to his dealers house dripping blood and they get creative with the toolbox. If it hits the shipping in LA we will be flopping on the floor.

Wanderingwaldo.....

How is it going to "hit the shipping in LA?"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
OMG man...I grow more and more furious as each day passes, and TPTB STILL have their heads up their asses. THEY (BP) ALONG WITH OUR ENTIRE GOVERNMENT ARE INCOMPETENT!! Why oh why are we the people allowing them all to do this to us?!? To LIE to our faces (using the MSM as their sugarcoating propaganda machine!) How come the majority of the worlds population STILL are in a coma, and are oblivious to what is freaking going on around them?!?!

Anyways....here is a contact link to let those greedy-no-good-sumbitch-bastages how we really feel~~:

www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...

(I would have posted mine, but it would have made this thread rated-R. But to summarize I basically said to clean this mess up, then get the hell out of our country to never be seen again!!)

GAWD I AM PISSED!! Like a guy I know...his wife was one of those SOOOOO caught up in and memorized YES WE CAN BS of OBOOMA, voted for the idiot, and know that he has shown THE WORLD that he LIED ON ALMOST EVERY PROMISE HE STATED during his campaign...but yet, SHE STILL DEFENDS HIM!! Only the tone has slightly changed whenever I corner her with the FACTS about him and how (and EVERY single POS in congress) he is destroying in front of our very eyes, I then get a response of "WELL I sure will tell you one thing...OBOOOMA SURE IS BETTER THAN BUSH!!"

I then yell....THEY ARE ALL ONE IN THE SAME!! My gawd the ignorance of most people!! I tried to "wake them up" but found out that I quickly became alienated as a result. These people I am referring to here....I (up until recently) considered them to be my best friends, and as soon as I began to try and wake them up, they stopped talking to me, turned their backs on me....I became alienated!! I knew these people for over 13 years!! Instead of hearing the truth, it is freaking AMAZING how much the want to just live in denial!!

However, these are the same people whose life revolves around going to work, come home and park their asses right in their matching recliners, remote control in hand, and then remain that way watching every STUPID SITCOM known to man just laughing their fat asses off while the have not a CLUE as to what is going on in the real world!!

That day that the NYSE dropped 1000 in minutes...I immediately jumped on the email and emailed them to warn them of a possible/pending collapse, and to be ready to hit the bank to take out their liquid assets should thing go from bad to worse. You know what I got for caring about my friends? "Please do not email me about "your stuff" at work. If something happens we will know it"

NO YOU WON'T!! Arrrrgghh...sorry for the rant all, I am just pissed as hell about how EVERYTHING in this country, and around the world is being handled. I pray to God every night that he will give us strength, and to awaken as many people as possible....because PEOPLE...WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRIES BACK, AND HOLD THOSE WHO PLOTTED THEIR DEMISE FOR SO LONG (AND WHO ARE THE CREATORS OF THE CHAOS THROUGHOUT HISTORY) ACCOUNTABLE!!

/rant

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think its about time for another Nobel price ... I hope there is one in ecology
. Lol sorry I just could not stop myself .

I mean how can somebody let this happen , there should have been a very quick army operation to try and stop the whole fiasco and not let it flow like that for how many days already ?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Thill]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TailoredVagabond

Just a question..

Would you be as quick to defend Bush? I somehow think not.. but I guess we could never prove each other wrong on that one.

There is plenty of time for the blame game. Now is not the time for that.. now is the time for solutions.

On another comment of yours.. sure not as many have died due to this as Katrina, but for you to seemingly undermined this disaster by counting bodies makes me want to

That is the problem with the world.. every problem.. we all want to bitch and complain instead of just realizing that we are getting nowhere with words and finger pointing.

Solution time.. end rant..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

i think there are more strings being pulled behind the curtain that we can imagine... i keep seeing IMPEACH obama... but what if this is a ploy by the powers that be, to get the world to hate obama. granted, he hasn't done much to sway opinion otherwise, despite the fake nobel prize, but it almost seems as if hes being used as a scapegoat... a distraction, if you will. everyone focuses on what obama did right or wrong or the dems or the reps did right or wrong... while the guys behind the curtains play their games. at this point its beyond imaginable that obama, who seemed like a smart guy, would just "let" all this happen. recent events are playing out like a freaking comedy... its almost laughable if it weren't so sick and sad.... and desperate. anyway thats my two cents.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Here is the real answer. Nothing like this has ever happened before. I know that you guys believe the government is an all powerful force with the power to save the world. The real answer is that the government is made up of people. People like you and I that just don't have the answer to everything. There is no way that the government would be able to have an easy answer to this problem.

At this point everything is just trial and error. It's sad but true. There are people claiming to have the answer but hay is not going to do the trick. We can't stop people looking for a better life from coming over the boarder but you "conspiracy theorists" seem to think the government set up or should have the answer to this recent development.

Yes, this is bad. I just don't see this as something that really could have been prepared for to the extent that some of you think. Just remember, they put their pants on one leg a a time too.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Styki]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Sorry it's just not that simple. The army engineers have less experience with this than seasoned oil workers. I'm not sure why anyone would call this Obamas Katrina. Katrina was easy to fix compared with this oil spill, send in the national guard, secure the area, send supplies that is all that needed to be done for Katrina.

The oil is spilling out of a vent many meters below the ocean surface. The sheer pressure of the ocean hinders possible solutions and the incredible pressure of the oil spewing out of the vent is another big issue that is not easily solved. Obama isn't a magic man, he can't wave a wand and fix this.

It's down to engineers to fix this one, engineers experienced with oil drilling and they are working on it.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Ok I am not your leader and thank god for that! But if I were Obama I would…..
1st roll up my sleeves.
2nd get on the horn, phone, radio Etc. demanding the best in the field for containing such a disaster or the top 10 individuals.
And 3rd I would get to the gulf and actively start to implement a plan on containment.
I knew nothing of “BOOMS” an hour ago, but I think I could figure it out after listening to the video.
I would use my own physical / manual labor and ask for volunteers if they would do the same. People have a way of coming together in crises as the San Francisco earthquake and 911 have shown. I would also mobilize the Seabees, Army Corps of Engineers Etc. for additional ideas and labor.
Now this whole plan is off of the top of my head and would cost millions probably more but, in the long run it would be well worth it. Plus my constituents would see that I gave a real damn.
Anything but sit in Washington and say “hmm that looks bad!”
We are bleeding and if we don’t put some direct pressure on the wound, We are going to die.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hurricane season in the Atlantic begins officially on June 1. A hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico now would first spin up the surface oil, gas and dispersants into the cyclone, then rain oily water along its path. Follow that with a storm surge of oil, gas & dispersants drawn in from the bottom along behind the storm.

I wonder how much land would become uninhabitable to anything afterwards? How many more dead things will wash ashore during and after, things killed by the oil, gas and/or dispersants.

Emergency management will be forced into evacuations that turn into relocations. Perhaps that's what the FEMA camps are for (besides their own volunteers), and the coffins for those who stay behind.

Regardless, this will get much worse before it gets any better. BP has been playing cheap, and it's not working. Time for BP to cry "uncle" so this can be resolved.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
It's a disgusting and tragic display of greed, and we are all guilty.

If BP can't get this under control by the weekend, then our govt needs to step in. My God, are they really going to sit by while BP continues to FAIL?

Who in their right mind would sit by and just watch this. Oh YAY we can get online and watch a live feed of this poison being pumped in our ocean 24/7!

I mean, my heart breaks, but this is nothing new in our country. History repeats itself over and over. The earth is raped repeatedly..... all for greed.

And, if our leader, our president of the united states is inept at handling this disaster, THEN GET SOMEONE WHO CAN. Logic tells me that they don't give a damn.

Oh well, it's just an......ocean. We can always get another one of those.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I have to ask if anyone understands the depth involved here, The maximum recorded depth of a human dive is 2000 feet, some russian subs have been estimated to dive to about 4000 feet.

Anything beyond that and you are talking about science research subs, subs that collect data not do delicate wielding work, not subs able to operate and maintain precise control around a giant pipe spewing oil at high velocity.

I fear that new technologies will have to be developed to handle this, the russians have dealt with leaks like this by detonation of nukes on 4 separate occasions, underground nuclear explosions, not just in open water.

Now we went through a whole phase of underground nuclear testing as did many other countries in the world, I don't see much devastation caused by that around does anyone else?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Benrl.....

As per my earlier post.....I agree completely

They are literally "out of their depth"!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join