It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everything in that marsh is DEAD tonight!" --Obama's Katrina.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Why isn't this video on the news!!!!!!! The coastal salt marsh is just as important as any rain forest. Is BHO waiting until the entire gulf coast and the southeastern coast are threatened? The media is in bed with BHO! This country can't take much more. We really are on the brink.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Clinton was impeached and acquitted. We were still stuck with him when we thought we were finally rid of him. He was too useful to others and had his own interests to advance. Who knows who else he could have taken down with him if he was successfully impeached?

I don't think the Army Corps of Engineers would be any more prepared for this leak than BP. The difference is BP is strictly in the oil/energy business and SHOULD have had forethought to consider any possibility of things awry; that's their job because that's their business.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I could almost understand your #1, but Obama is not dumb.

It's interesting that I now find myself on the same page as James Carville:

The "political stupidity is unbelievable," Democratic strategist James Carville said on "Good Morning America" today. "The president doesn't get down here in the middle of this. ... I have no idea of why they didn't seize this thing. I have no idea of why their attitude was so hands off here."

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
They aren't going to detonate a nuclear device to destroy the oil. If anything they would use a fuel air bomb which wouldn't have nearly the environmental impact.

I posted in another thread that Jindal is going ahead with construction of these man made barrier island without government approval. And what's taking so long is that Jindal is a republican. And Obama can't have a republican with a good idea.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

They aren't going to detonate a nuclear device to destroy the oil. If anything they would use a fuel air bomb which wouldn't have nearly the environmental impact.

Could you please explain where the "air" will come from for a "fuel air bomb" at 5000 ft. below sea level?

BTW:
I do agree that a nuclear device is a very bad idea, for physics reasons. Since the water pressure above the device is so heavy, most of the explosive force will point downwards, and who knows what effect that will have on the oil- bearing formation. Could break it and cause more chaos, no?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
this doesn't have anything to do with Obama. Why do people blame Obama.

ok if you need to blame someone
Blame BP for failing to properly safeguard the drilling.
Blame the agency that neglected to properly safety check everything and replace that dead battery that would have warned of a pressure buildup.
Blame BP for taking a month to try to fix a leak that will kill the ocean.

Obama is the president of the United States of America. He is not the president of BP, he does not own a submarine, he does not posess the skillset or equipment required to fix this problem. BP does.

Even if Obama took control of everything, whats he gonna do. The subs the military uses arent designed to do engineeering work, they are designed to launch nuclear missiles and blow things up. They are designed to destroy not repair.

If anything, Obama's only responsibility here is to say to BP, "fix this leak now and pay for the cleanup." thats it. He needs to say that and enforce it. He has no responsibility otherwise.

Yes this is a ecological disaster of epic proportions but to all those screaming 'blame obama, blame obama' you need to go to hell. wtf.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Now that the attempt to stop the flow by pumping mud into the blowout preventer has failed, the next attempt with be to try the "junk shot", using golf balls, rope, and other garbage to gum up the preventer.

When that fails, I have it on good authority that they will hire 20 voodoo doctors, bring them out to the spill, and have them chant voodoo spells over the spill, hoping it will stop the flow.

Once that fails, then Pelosi and Reid will push through a 3,000 page bill, that will direct by Congressional edict for the flow to cease immediately.

If that fails, then Obama will wave his hand across the water, part the Gulf of Mexico, at which point he will walk out to the spill, along with Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and direct God to stop the spill.

Don't worry, people, we're from the government, and we're here to help.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
this doesn't have anything to do with Obama. Why do people blame Obama.

to all those screaming 'blame obama, blame obama' you need to go to hell. wtf.

Because in 05 main stream media ran with the Kanye West story that "Bush doesn't care about black people." They ran with the story that because of wars overseas our National Guard was stretched thin too. They criticized him for not visiting sooner and criticized him for the dog and pony show that ensued when he did show up. They blamed the disaster on him because he didn't sign climate change legislation. They blamed him for appointing Michael Brown (accurate). They blamed him for cutting funding to levee maintenance. They blamed him for FEMAs failures. Heck, he even said he took responsibility for the failures.
Many of the same issues remain.
Wars overseas have our National Guard stretched thin. Are they running that story? No.
Bush visited Louisiana about 14 days after Katrina. Obama visited Louisiana about 14 days after the original incident. Not really comparable situations, imo. Bush still could have been there sooner.
I'm unaware of any climate change legislation Obama has signed into law, you might know of something. But is there criticism here?
Obama appointed Elizabeth Birnbaum and she had as much experience in oil and gas as Brown had in emergency management. Any story? No.
Obama cuts funding to the Coast Guard and tried to cut their oil spill cleanup team. Is Cindy Sheehan protesting? nope.
Has Obama made any changes to FEMA? Nope.
Heck, he even said he took responsibility for the failures. But somehow the situations are different?

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join