It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Everything in that marsh is DEAD tonight!" --Obama's Katrina.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
ONE MONTH...unbelievable. If they weren't prepared for a disaster like this to happen then it should have never been allowed.

EXACTLY!! That's what I've said to my friend in conversation -- why the hell do we (as a country/world)/they even risk drilling for oil in the ocean...even if you thought you WERE prepared for something like this to happen?

To me, if you're willing to risk fouling the oceans just to get some money in your pocket, you just don't care enough about the earth and everything living on it to be considered anything close to beneficial to life.

But we all know they don't care...if TPTB cared, there wouldn't be a need for oil in the first place. Other energy systems would already have been accepted and implemented on a global scale.

Like I said in another post -- spread this around to people who wouldn't normally see it, or visit a site like ATS! Expand awareness of this country's condition...the lies, deceit, apathy, the list goes on.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I do not understand this at all back in the day that piece of pipe that's protruding from the sea bed would have had a plate welded to the outside diameter and another pipe of a larger diameter with a valve then welded to that plate, once the weld was completed the valve would be closed.
Why? Because men with these skills would be allowed to do it.
Why it's NOT being done?

HappilyEverAfter.....

Is it because that wouldn't work at a depth of 5,000 feet?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

ya...i'm a welder, and though i don't have any experience in underwater welding, i'm pretty sure you'd need a robot for that. honestly? the best bet was the dome, or a similar approach of putting a pipe down the hole, sealing it, and start pumping oil out until no more will come, then seal it shut for good.

if we can drill that deep, pumping the oil out should be easy. there are solutions, i don't understand why they aren't being used

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Obama is making me sick, the way hes handled this, and allowed BP to continue to find no solutions and destroy our fellow americans livlihoods, this is an under reported tragedy

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Where is Congress in all of this?

A major part of the premise of having an office of President is for efficiency of execution of objectives in response to national security threats. It's supposed to be that if war is 'needed' that Congress declares war and tasks the president in carrying it out. Of course they don't to it that way anymore, but just saying. Have they 'declared war' on stopping this oil spill?

But even the Congress argument doesn't let Obama off the hook. The other role in this regard is to swiftly act against such threats. I'm all for any bogus president getting their nuts run through the grinder, but I'm also against the Congress getting off scott free.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
All the marshes, all the gulf
Will be restored with Father's help.
Though they dont cry, and we don't speak.
All will be restored as before the leak.
Those that have died, will double in short time,
The people won't suffer, wildlife will revive.
Oh gulf coast, and fishes of the sea.
Father of all, He hears your plea.
Not much longer, all will be renewed,
As flowers in springtime and constant morning dew!
Selah!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
I think he is doing a social experiment myself. He has continually given people enough reason people to stop believing in the hope and change and realize that he is Bush 3rd, yet they still believe. I think he is just testing these people.

He wants people to lash out... so he can call "Marshal Law"! Don't forget Obama makes no decision... he's being controlled via elite behind the scene! If I'm gonna point anything at Obama is that he's Charismatic... after Bush they needed a "better actor" to fool more people... Obama is simply a BIGGER hand puppet... even Bush had harder time to convince people of his lies...

So the bigger question is what is it that the Elite are planning for us... with all the doom and gloom in the last few decades... they are turning us against each other... 911... the Arizona law... the economy ... this massive oil spill... NOT are accidental, they were ALL planned! I am more then convinced, this is all a game... the ultimate question remains.. why now?

Is it because they want Chaos? Maybe... chaos will cause for the to call Marshal Law, once that happens, we ALL will become an obvious slave, don't get me wrong we already are (working 40h/week just to get by, with more laws taking our freedom away.. we are doomed to be slave to the system). I think they are taking the slave system out to open so there won't be any need to political drama... they're simply calling it for what it is... simply because they're done playing games with us!

OR...

People are becoming of aware of what's happening (tnx to internet) and they're "afraid" as their system is collapsing.... they know.. we know... so they're creating chaos for us to be too busy with to UNITE... because if people just unite... they stand NO chance and we might actually become free and evolve to next state of evolution!.... think people... UNITE... time is running out!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I agree with you. He should be impeached. What the hell is goin on over there in the US?
He should have been impeached last year when he declared a national emergency on the "Swine-flu " which didn`t exsist.
This smells of a false-flag.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This story is only starting.

Its just gonna start getting worse by the day.

sorry for putting up fox as source but i hadn't seen this info and thought its just another effect.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I agree with most of what I've seen posted on this thread. But there is something that bothers me even more.

Why aren't WE THE PEOPLE taking control into our own hands to get this done instead of waiting for the politicians we elected (who now have agendas with private companies) to push a pencil on a piece of paper?

As angry and upset as all of this makes me, IF this were happening where I live, I wouldn't be venting that 'someone needs to do something'. I'd be contacting the media to reach out to our brothers and sisters of the UNITED states to come together and clean up.

Once the two week mark hit with nothing getting done, the US citizens should have stepped in and taken action. THIS is EXACTLY how our US govt knows that the American public will just stand by idly watching catastrophe happen. A preventable catastrophe.

If WE THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA do not take action because we are waiting for elected politicians to do so, TPTB will be able to do whatever THEY want.

I'm speaking to everyone who is in the gulf coast and has equipment to dredge and pump to GO AND DO IT! Don't wait for permission!!!!! I highly doubt the local law enforcement agencies will stop you from helping them. And if they do . . . have people ready to perform citizen's arrests.

I'm serious about this! Take action now!!

All that money raised for Hurricane Katrina victims is just sitting there collecting dust while elected officials are cutting thru red tape that THEY put up. Brad Pitt came in with his own money and started building houses with solar power. Let's not wait for celebrities with deep pockets to rescue you.

TAKE ACTION! TAKE ACTION NOW! STOP WAITING FOR "SOMEONE ELSE" TO BAIL YOU OUT!

Then, once you have prevented the worst from happening, we have grounds to impeach and arrest elected representatives for failure to do their jobs.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Fmr. EPA Investigator Scott West: US Has Told BP "It Can Do Whatever It Wants and Won’t Be Held Accountable"

Interesting how the satellite link was "lost" right when he started talking about how the federal government endorsed "decisions ... to increase profits and put workers at risk."

For clean up ideas: Hair and mushrooms

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
April 20th ‘s fatal blast in the Gulf of Mexico happened under a sky that featured Saturn (business as usual) exactly opposed to Uranus (explosions), which is moving into position with Pluto (hidden power) for their long-running square. Ceres, the asteroid of the Earth Mother, conjoined Pluto, the despoiler, in the sign Capricorn (corporations) within a degree.

The fact that this was no ordinary oil spill became clear right away as the disaster moved through several quick meaning changes in the public mind: from that of an accident brought on by the failure of a mechanical device, to that of an example of how government fails to regulate oil companies, to that of an entire system where corporate interests are allowed to commit travesties against Nature.

The rig explosion coincided with the entry of Chiron (wounding) into Pisces (oceans) that very day. Horrified TV viewers saw aerial photographs of the blue sea turning into a conflagration of toxic crude. According to a report cited by Al Gore, the sheer size of the befoulment amounts to an Exxon Valdez every four days. The mind reels. The heart recoils.

The negligence leading up to the accident appears to be so gross that one might expect the company in charge to be out of business in a New York minute … if that company were any other than Halliburton. But that’s whose careless work cementing the oil well is being blamed — by BP America (talk about the pot calling the kettle black) — for the disaster.

The rogues’ gallery on display during this latest phase of the Saturn-square-Pluto period include Big Oil and Dick Cheney’s Halliburton, who stand accused of environmental desecration; and, at the hearings in Washington, the Goldman Sachs boys, who stand accused of gaming the financial crisis for personal gain like weekend gamblers on a tear. Like all archetypal figures, these characters are a reflection of the group mind. They mirror back to us the toxic greed of the capitalist world.

At first the media tried to make hay out of the Deepwater Horizon catastrophe. The infotainment industry is, like our Wall Street gamblers, amoral. Their job is to focus on what viewers enjoy, and box office numbers tell them that the public enjoys fireballs. So the first response of the news programs was to milk the calamity for its sensationalist appeal. But the media bites its tongue when the dirty secrets percolate to the top. Such as the evidence unearthed by astrologer Eric Francis showing that the spill occurred in a marine dump area (Pluto governs dumps and garbage): a body of water whose secreted depths hid unexploded bombs and torpedoes.

deep-water

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Charly111

What does astrology have to do with loam's thread, and how many times are you going to post teh same thing?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The Venus Project is working for a sustainable Economy which is resourced based and not money based.

TheVenusProject.com
TheZeitgeistMovement.com

Fancy

Originally posted by wiseone11
In another thread I said that it is clearer and clearer to me that they are not trying to save the oil and NOT the ocean...It's all about the $$$$

The govt was slow to respond and it does not seem they are intervening much at all...

Now they want tp fill the hole with crap..golf balls and tires...which will further polute..geeze!

I would like to know how much money the political folks have gotten/continue to get from big oil.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The handling of this situation seemed very suspicious to me from the beginning. How could top oil engineers and top us sengineers not find a fast solution (or have prepared for such a contingency) it didnt make sense.

Then in a throw away line on a news report i heard the answer, BP commissioned the rig, another company owned the rig, and HALLIBURTON were responsible for the infrastructure (i am guessing this includes the faulty, or perhaps never designed to work, shut off valve)

Suddenly it made more sense, for some reason, which we may not pick up for years, this oil spill was deliberate.

it is fine to blame obama but he, like bush, is just a puppet of large industry, Obama is just doing what he is told, like bush did and every president since roosevelt has by the people who put him there.

Whoever planned this lacks any trace of humanity, to put profit ahead of social and ecological destruction on this scale puts them in the league of the people that orchestrated the holocaust of WWII and the bombing and phosphorous attacks on civilians in Gaza, these people are not human and nothing will stand in the way of their ambitions and drive for money.

My heart is with the people around the gulf of mexico whose lives and livelihoods will be ruined by this, i am sad that the earth has to suffer an injury of this magnitude and i hope that karma comes into play for the people responsible for this travesty.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by fozotronic

I believe sir, that you are probably right. September 11 should have taught us that, if we are not governed by murderers, we are governed by cowards.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
BTW: It's been reported that the estimated REAL amount of oil flooding our ocean is 2.4 million gallons a day. PER DAY!

2.4 X 36 = 86.4 MILLION gallons of oil flowing into the ocean as of today, May 25th, 2010.

Forget about the financial loss (even though that will be the next excuse for hiking the price at the pumps), focus on what this is doing to our food supply from the oceans AND how that translates into businesses collapsing AND what this is doing to our ecosystem! The imbalances this is causing/costing our planet are phenomenal!

Forget about some idiot pushing the big, red button. The longer it takes for the spill to be capped, the more this is riddled with INTENT to pollute and poison the planet and the people!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Charly111

Thanks for the astrology on that, Charly111. These events and players do seem huge and archetypal, don't they? I don't know about the astrology so much but this is almost like grand theater and symbolism of the greatest tragic variety. The corporations as the great destroyer of earth. No morals. Is that Plutonic?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fozotronic

Suddenly it made more sense, for some reason, which we may not pick up for years, this oil spill was deliberate.
Whoever planned this lacks any trace of humanity, to put profit ahead of social and ecological destruction on this scale puts them in the league of the people that orchestrated the holocaust of WWII and the bombing and phosphorous attacks on civilians in Gaza, these people are not human and nothing will stand in the way of their ambitions and drive for money.

If this was deliberate, and the perps lack any trace of humanity, then why would money be the motivation? Money = power, but don't they have that already?

IF this was deliberate, I think there are way deeper motivations than money or power.

Symbolically, they stabbed Mother Earth deep and hard enough that she's bleeding...

And then there's the prophecies... oceans turning red, that kind of stuff.

I can cry just thinking about how beautiful our world could be...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Pianist

Halliburton + Neo Cons + ME arms/other profits success from Iraq/Afghanistan + Obama in office (obstacle to renewed growth) + Re-ordered geo-political structure post crash (more [UN] resistance to fresh military intervention by US in ME - obstacle) + moves to decrease [US] dependence on ME oil (e.g. Gulf Oil - obstacle) = motive to sabotage Gulf Oil and return pressure on all opposision (domestic and foreign) required to gain UN sanctions for [fresh] US [allied] military intervention in ME - i.e. Iran?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by curioustype]

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join