It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas man faked way into Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

FORT WORTH, Texas – A Texas man with no military experience tricked the Army into letting him enter a reserve unit as a noncommissioned officer earlier this year, a deception that placed an untrained soldier in a leadership position in a time of war, an Associated Press investigation has found.

source

After the shooting at Fort Hood, you would think that someone would be running background checks.

"If this person was able to penetrate the military fraudulently, you have to ask the question: Couldn't somebody who was out to do harm to our country do the same thing?"

With the birther issue pretty hot, this certainly does raise questions. How disrespectful is it to steal an office's position, where you could lead troops into combat when you are not trained to do so? This certainly had the potential to place troop's lives at risk.

I'd say there would be a few people in the military who would like to see his butt kicked over this.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Im not from America, but basicaly im 100 percent certain if i went there on holiday, went to some recruitment stall in bum# U.S and explaind look, im young, extremely fit and well educated and i basicaly think what your doing is awesome and i want to go and seriously # up some brown people, i would be enlisted with the flimsiest documentation possible.

And WHAT THE #

Why do americans have to do this #, birthers, truthers wtf is up with these gay catch phrases

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

This clearly shows how lax the military is in doing a background check.

As for the fellow in question, honestly, I think he's nuts. The situation could have turned out very badly, but, he even fooled his ex-wife for a while.

I do believe he is a nut case, that was out for attention, based on his own lies.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Draft this guy. He obviously wants some action.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What an army, lol ! Are we, the non Army, on the safe side ? I totally agree with Johnze. I´m Czech, in Nicaragua, but studied in the US. I´ve seen through the US foreign wars policies, and not because, at one breaking point, I refused to advertize all kinds of businesses in the Veterans of Foreign Wars magazine. That was a hell of a massacre at Fort Hood. Please ignore my Slaughter Catalogue 1993-2010 agenda.

top topics

join