It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dora the Illegal Immigrant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Disagree all you like, the fact is your completey wrong, what you have there is simply your opinion which seems to be based on media scare mongering more than anything else, like real hard data such as that collected by the IRS. But hey, what do they know.

The top 5% percent wage earners pay the most taxes, but they are few in number, the middle class pays for the majority of the Federal Taxes as they are most in numbers

And that just simply isnt true, the top 5 percent of your nations earners happen to pay over 60% of total taxes collected.

Look man, it doesnt take a whole lot to actualy find this sorta # out, i personaly dont like #ing crazy immigrants and there rabble rousing ways coming into my country with there crazy outside views trying to change stuff. But the arguements i have for those feelings of mine are based entirely on my own xenephobia. Which is perfectly natural in most peoples, but what im not going to do is start parroting a lot of self righteous bull# from scare mongering head line grabbing media whores who have an agenda to push. Because it is all lies, theres a much bigger picture out there other than THEY TOOK OUR JOOOOOBS

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Guess it is just too hard for you to answer a simple yes or no question.

Yes, they are Americans and your refusal to call them that shows that you don't see all Americans in the same light.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

It really is pretty easy to figure out that these criminals take more out of the system than they put in. I would also not use the numbers that Obama administration puts out there where they say that 95% of people will not see a tax increase and 55% do not pay taxes. The middle class has always supplied the nations treasuries more than the top earners.

Middle class has more numbers, the top earners pay more. Middle class can not hide income or invest it right away or use tax havens. Middle class pays taxes on time, every time with no haven to hide their income.

These illegals are not here only for Jobs, they are here for benefits and dropping as many anchors as they can.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Anchor Babies draining on school systems

- Anchor Babies and low income status, qualifies for food stamps

Come on mr. Law abiding citizen. Respect the law or continue to show that your an hypocrite.

I ask you flat out

Are anchor babies US citizens or not according to current laws?

Let me ask you something.

What was the anchor baby law originally about? Why was it passed?

Once you've answered that, answer this:

Are these people in that category? Or are they abusing a system they would otherwise not be a part of?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes, they are Americans and your refusal to call them that shows that you don't see all Americans in the same light.

Even a simple Yes or No answer would take for ever to penetrate all that calcified structure above the C1.

You say you are a military man, learn to deduce from the reply.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Anchor Babies draining on school systems

- Anchor Babies and low income status, qualifies for food stamps

Come on mr. Law abiding citizen. Respect the law or continue to show that your an hypocrite.

I ask you flat out

Are anchor babies US citizens or not according to current laws?

Let me ask you something.

What was the anchor baby law originally about? Why was it passed?

Once you've answered that, answer this:

Are these people in that category? Or are they abusing a system they would otherwise not be a part of?

Such line of thinking is incapable of people bent on deflecting any logical questions.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the reply.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yeah mate you pretty much dont have a clue about the topics you post about, do more research.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Yeah mate you pretty much dont have a clue about the topics you post about, do more research.

I can say the same to you, as you don't know what you are talking about when it comes down to supplying the treasuries.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

No, no. Let's let the guy answer this one. Because it is a very important lesson in Law.

1st.

Intent of law is relevant.

2nd

Our legislative history and an understanding of the linguistics of the day are equally important.

3rd

Without the above we cannot infer intent. We must look at all of the documentation on this law to determine it's context in our time with respect to it's relevance.

I have faith that my questions will be answered. Somehow anyway.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

No, No

Regardless of why it was passed, the law applies equally to everyone.

They are Americans and should be respected as that. It is not their fault that their parents chose to come here illegally.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Um... it's a cartoon. It's not like anyone was actually hurt.

But yeah, the MSM & supporters of the illegal invasion are quick to throw around the "racist" term. I've come to believe that it's the defense of the defenseless.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Your assertion is incorrect. Perhaps some research on judicial procedure would help with respect to how our high courts work.

Please do the research. In a court of law the history, judicial opinion, and other documentation would be brought up in court to determine whether that law applies to illegal immigrants.

To this day no SCOTUS opinion defines the black letter of the Anchor Baby law in such a fashion, and no text within it supports your position.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by projectvxn]

Edit to add:

I agree that these kids are American Citizens. I also know that no ex post facto laws can be passed nor such rules applied, so the law would protect existing anchor baby cases. But new ones would not be treated the same should the law prove irrelevant either by the courts, by legislation, or both.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

My turn to ask you.

If the SCOTUS define it as such, then why in the hell are anchor babies classified as Americans?

In a court of law the history, judicial opinion, and other documentation would be brought up in court to determine whether that law applies to illegal immigrants.

I'm not debating this. You yourself say would be, but as now they are still Americans.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Read my edit since I knew you would bring that up.

The fact is, this can change. And in my personal opinion it should. It is a post Civil War era law to protect newly freed slaves and their children. Today the problems that brought about that law do not apply, and so therefore it is my opinion that it should be repealed.

It is unnecessary, and has only served as a tool of illegals to circumvent the law.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

It is unnecessary, and has only served as a tool of illegals to circumvent the law.

Finally, can you please tell me ....

"Jam321, you are correct. Anchor babies, as observed by current laws, are Americans and these babies should be respected and called Americans rather than by a derogatory term."

BTW, if the law ever changes, I will respect the decision. To be honest, I wish the Supreme court would take up this issue.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by jam321]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I do believe he has replied to your post more than once.
As a matter of fact, The anchor baby law as you mentioned, was introduced as a law for the children of slaves in America, even though their parents were brought here against their well, the children born here could be citizens.
Now is that to hard for you to understand?

Now, I don't know of any ships coming to any port with people from the southern counties in chains and being sold at action and stripped away from their families. Do you?
So, I believe since we didn't forcibly bring them here, why should their children be made citizens just because their born in our Great Nation.

I mean,,, come on,,, I've paid most of their hospital bills, Why shouldn't I and other legal citizens like myself have a say in their legality?

edit to add: all ready answered by all involved and then some.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellsworth
This is a crazy thought, but maybe, just maybe, you could like control you boarders, ask for ID and insist employers confirm proper documentation for people they hire...

The business ppl want cheap labor, cheaper than is even legal by US law.

So to get that they hire ppl illegally.

The government turns a blind eye to it and has for years.

It is used for a tool to stir ppl up from time to time.

The wall street and government pirates took WAY more than a few
immigrant labors took, lol.

We are talking trillions vs. billions and we can't even get these
corrupt bastards in a trial.

I think the border jumper issue needs to be fixed for several reasons,
but it will get a band aid and a lot of blather and no real fix.

This is not the first time they have rolled out this horse and pony show.

Its all an act, they pretend to care, and who ever acts the best gets
the votes and once they are in office they go back to pandering to
lobbyists who get paid more than the president.

The whole thing is one giant bribe racket, and wall street is a
numbers racket that used to be illegal but is now backed by
government cheese taken from the ppl of the country by threat
of force.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You may not like the law, you may want the law change, but that doesn't matter.

As a matter of fact, The anchor baby law as you mentioned, was introduced as a law for the children of slaves in America, even though their parents were brought here against their well, the children born here could be citizens.
Now is that to hard for you to understand?

Now let's see if I can express this where it won't be so hard for you to understand.

Go to that law, and show me where it says "this law is intended for children of slaves only."

The law applies to everybody and it is currently recognized that these children are American citizens.

There is no, ifs, or buts about it. Until the SCOTUS or Congress says otherwise, they will continue to be Americans.

I mean,,, come on,,, I've paid most of their hospital bills, Why shouldn't I and other legal citizens like myself have a say in their legality?

Kinda hard to believe that. You can have a say so in their legality. You just can't dictate what you think legality means.

BTW, hospitals don't ask whose legal and who isn't. So whose bill are you really paying.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Too bad others can't see what you are saying. The same politicians pointing the fingers at illegals are the same ones who have allowed this to grow and do nothing about the problem..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I never denied that they were. I just wanted to frame this discussion with some historical and legal context. The SCOTUS doesn't have to take it up, the congress can and should repeal it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join