It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dora the Illegal Immigrant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm seeing this story all over the Internet lately. I find it interesting that, no matter how many different links I check, only the identical text from the original story can be found in any of the articles.

It seems the MSM is using this story to beat up on Arizona supporters as a bunch of racists who would like to beat up on a kid's cartoon character.

Dora The Explorer, Illegal Immigrant?

CHICAGO — In her police mug shot, the doe-eyed cartoon heroine with the bowl haircut has a black eye, battered lip and bloody nose.

Dora the Explorer's alleged crime? "Illegal Border Crossing Resisting Arrest."

The doctored picture, one of several circulating widely in the aftermath of Arizona's controversial new immigration law, may seem harmless, ridiculous or even tasteless.

But experts say the pictures and the rhetoric surrounding them online, in newspapers and at public rallies, reveal some Americans' attitudes about race, immigrants and where some of immigration reform debate may be headed.

"Dora is kind of like a blank screen onto which people can project their thoughts and feelings about Latinos," said Erynn Masi de Casanova, a sociology professor at the University of Cincinnati. "They feel like they can say negative things because she's only a cartoon character."

Read more: Huff Post

The caption under the picture says:

In this composite image provided May 20, 2010 courtesy of Debbie Groben and FreakingNews.com, is an image of Nickelodeon cartoon Dora the Explorer created late last year by Debbie Groben of Sarasota, Fla., for a contest for the fake news site FreakingNews.com.

The pic was created for some humorous website and the MSM found it and is now making a big deal about it in order to vilify those who support controlling our borders as repressed racists.

More links, notice the lack of original content
:

MSNBC

WJZ TV 13

CBS News

Today

Chron

Forbes

Yahoo News

[edit on 5/21/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Mainstream media!

YAY!!!

Post more please!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Well this was a EPIC FAIL by the MSM as the children don't readily flip the boob tube to any of those news channels or go online reading from their websites.

Though the brainwashed liberals will still run with it and cry wolf.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here is another one that squeaked by.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

The whole issue is #ing fail man. Im just surprised, infact no im #ING FLABERGASTED, thats right my flabers are well and truly gasted at the sheer idiocy in the way this subject is discusd by people on this site.

Its totaly nuts,

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is a crazy thought, but maybe, just maybe, you could like control you boarders, ask for ID and insist employers confirm proper documentation for people they hire...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellsworth
This is a crazy thought, but maybe, just maybe, you could like control you boarders, ask for ID and insist employers confirm proper documentation for people they hire...

Such a noble statement my fellow member, and if only the Federal government would do its job instead counting all the future votes it wants to give amnesty too.

That is why Arizona is in deep hell hole, they are threatening the future voters who will be indebted to the Democrats.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellsworth

What are you talking about Mexicos been doing that for years.Oh never mind you meant the United States huh. Well apparently the mexicans are smarter then we are they have a great policy no papers got to jail. Oh and unlike Nevadas law you dont have to even commit a crime to be stopped they can just walk up to you and say let me see your papers.In fact when stationed at FT Bliss in El Paso the federales loved to harass us in Juárez all the time.Mostly to see if you had any money in your wallet so you can bribe them not to take you in.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well little Dora was a victim of a child exploitation ring if you ask me!

As for ugly Betty... Well her name is BETTY. Not likely all that illegal.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Atlantican]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Aaaaaaand another poster who boils everything down to political party. Ever consider this only really started to get EVERYONE'S attention when Bush and the Republicans needed to take attention away from the fact the crap I took a few days earlier had a higher national approval rating?

Please visit my post here.

Also, this video kind of pertains to the thread.

Edit to add: Just in case you don't click the link, no, I'm not a democrat so don't bother. Obama is the worst president since..... Bush. Bush the worst since.... Clinton. And so it goes, all the way back to who-knows-when. Anyone have an example showing the last time we had a president or congress that actually worked for the people?

[edit on 5/21/10 by Magnivea]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Well little Dora was a victim of a child exploitation ring if you ask me!

As for ugly Betty... Well her name is BETTY. Not likely all that illegal.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Atlantican]

English Name: Spanish Version

English Name: Betty = Belinda (Spanish Name)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
BELINDA BETTY???

SHE TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
BELINDA BETTY???

SHE TOOK OUR JOBS!!!!!

And she gets free healthcare..

Just look at those braces....they are bling bling....I the taxpayer paid for those.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If only you were allowed to travel to Cuba, you could probably get some too

Though lets be honest, your tax dollars pretty much didnt pay for them, infact your tax dollars pay for very little. Now, if you happend to own a giant corporation, and paid corporation tax you might actualy have a point.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Johnze]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Why would you say "I", I is an analogy for all people who pay taxes, wouldn't have payed for any health care the illegals receives? Not talking fictional characters here.
and no illegals can't get braces under any health care is provided for medical emergency, not for cosmetic orthodontics.

Still the taxpayers pitch in after all for health care coverage to Illegals because the government allocates funds to hospitals who cover individuals without insurance.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So your tax dollars didnt pay for them. She just took your job.

Seriously though in the entirety of your nations budget your tax dollars pay pretty much for jack #, sorry to say but this arguement of our tax dollars pay for this???, outrageous!!!, is pretty much total bollocks. You, or any tax payer[unless maybe you are in the top 10 percentile of earners] in the grand scheme of things might contribute .00000001% to "illegals" health care.

I suppose the fact the majority of illegal immigrants in your country actualy pay federal, state, and local taxes is wasted on you.

and this isnt directed at you prionace but more so at the dumb #s who seem think illegal immigrants somehow dont pay taxes and dont bother doing any research into the subject[the IRS told me this within 2 minutes of looking].

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Johnze]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Poor Dora.

She didn't ask for her parents to cross into this country.

Why do we even need a country anyways?

Aren't we all human beings living on the same planet?

Let's erase all borders.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

I would have to humbly disagree.

The whole argument about illegals paying taxes is bullocks. Sure they steal the identity of someone to take a job. They never pay taxes, instead the employer holds those taxes for themselves and their social security tax might reach the treasury, but they withdraw a lot more out than what they pay in.

- Anchor Babies draining on school systems

- Anchor Babies and low income status, qualifies for food stamps

- The jobs taken away from other American Citizens, now force those American Citizens on Food Stamps & Unemployment Insurance.

- The free health care received is not only funded by OUR taxdollars, but also the hospital recoups unfunded balance with higher charges on those who are insured and those who can pay.

The top 5% percent wage earners pay the most taxes, but they are few in number, the middle class pays for the majority of the Federal Taxes as they are most in numbers.

Remember the power of numbers, a penny from 5 people is only 5 cents...but a penny from 65 people is 65 cents.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Anchor Babies draining on school systems

Come on mr. Law abiding citizen. Respect the law or continue to show that your an hypocrite.

I ask you flat out

Are anchor babies US citizens or not according to current laws?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Anchor Babies draining on school systems

Come on mr. Law abiding citizen. Respect the law or continue to show that your an hypocrite.

I ask you flat out

Are anchor babies US citizens or not according to current laws?

Ah the Mr. Racism Everything...Anchor Babies was a law that was created during the days of the slavery so the children of the slaves could be American Citizens. This law has been abused and used by the illegals to enrich themselves with benefits.

I have already answered your question several times, but for some reason it does penetrate that dense calcified structure resting on the cervical spine.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join