It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Boston: Random Searches of Passengers on Trains

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
(Completely UNRELATED to my previous statements/quote---I've never hit the complaint button before, but I sure am tempted to do so right now.
)

Don't let me stop you!

WorldWatcher - I do have a problem with you and everyone else who takes your liberties for granted. I noticed that you wrote "YOU AMERICANS"....now I'm wondering .....hmmm.....are you an American too?
You don't have to respond to that and you may think I am ignorant and decide to ignore me.....your choice.....just remember when you hear that explosion and feel the heat from the flames and hear the children screaming for their mothers and all the cries for help...that you didn't want your "privacy" infringed upon. When the next attack occurs and all the Democrats say "Bush could have prevented it"......I'll be there to remind them of folks like you.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I hardly ever take the train. I drive instead, facing less perils like road rage, impaired drivers, & potholes.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The key word in the announcement is "random". This implies a limited amount of searches. If you believe your rights are being taken away by this approach you are behaving in a selfish manner. It takes only one
suicide bomber to inflict death and destruction on many others.
By announcing this approach the authorities are putting those individuals who wish to harm us on notice. This is a means of deterence and nothing more. Does it make me feel safer, hell no. What it does for me is having the knowledge that the powers to be are trying to do something.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
The key word in the announcement is "random". This implies a limited amount of searches. If you believe your rights are being taken away by this approach you are behaving in a selfish manner. It takes only one
suicide bomber to inflict death and destruction on many others.
By announcing this approach the authorities are putting those individuals who wish to harm us on notice. This is a means of deterence and nothing more. Does it make me feel safer, hell no. What it does for me is having the knowledge that the powers to be are trying to do something.

There ya go...............well said.........

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Your papers, please!

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
Learn your protected rights people, memorize them.
Use them, or lose them.

What protected rights? Almost every one of the amendments to the Bill of Rights has been trampled. Many don't seem to care and most can't afford to do anything about it.

For all practical purposes, the Constitution is a contract that has long been null and void since the amendments are rarely enforced and routinely twisted.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sen5e
I hardly ever take the train. I drive instead, facing less perils like road rage, impaired drivers, & potholes.

Here in Illinois that would mean you have to go through the random road blocks searching for seatbelts. And they are not so random, they have set them up every other day in two specific loactions in my neighborhood for the last three weeks. Funneling every single care through single file so they can look inside at you. This is an outrage and I can't believe we are all sitting still for this. This has nothing to do with finding bombs - it has to do with slowly imposing martial law - today it is illegal searches on the train, tomorrow they'll be knocking on your front door. They are getting us primed. Don't let it happen!!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by badkitty
Here in Illinois that would mean you have to go through the random road blocks searching for seatbelts. And they are not so random.... This has nothing to do with finding bombs - it has to do with slowly imposing martial law....

It also has a lot to do with revenue. Fines are a quick buck for Illinoi$.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I live in Boston and take Green line to school everyday. The transit system in this city is horrible,possibly the worst in America if not the world. Its inconsistent, trains/stations are small and unorganized, and always packed with people. I am wondering if the government has any inside info that Points to the next terro attack? Could it be Boston? If not, then why are they risking to challenge the amendments? But, to tell the truth. It will be devastating if the "T" (what we call the subway in Boston) was attacked, because either the people nor the T equipments is up to date or prepared for it.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The implementation of random searches on a train is only the tip of the iceberg. I think the long-term goal is to have surveillance cameras all over the place, maybe including the home to keep an eye on those who display abherrant (sp?) behaviour. But let's not stop there. Let's implant spy devices in a person's head so we can keep track of all their thoughts. That way we'll know if their outer behaviour matches their inner behaviour. Hehehe.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i ride the boston subway and bus system every single day and i'll admit that knowing this search system is in place will make me a just a little more comfortable. it's main purpose is to be used as a deterrent. i highly doubt their gonna find some guy with a bomb in his bag. but so far, the security at the stations is pretty non-existant, either that or they're hiding it really well which kinda defeats the purpose of security. the whole idea is to have a presence. i've seen none of that so far. it's not all that different from the airport where they do random search too right. so i think ppl will understand.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outland

It also has a lot to do with revenue. Fines are a quick buck for Illinoi$.

No doubt that is a big reason and Illinois definitely needs the money. In fact, my sister in law works for the sherifs department and that is exactly what she said. But that doesn't make it any less of an invasion of my privacy and an infringement on my constitutional rights. I feel like I'm living in a comunist country - having to go through checkpoints every day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join