It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expert: Oil spill effects to reach Arctic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Experts testify on grim ecological fallout from Gulf oil spill

Washington (CNN) -- The damaging effects of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico will be felt all the way to Europe and the Arctic, a top scientist told a congressional panel Friday.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How these articles escape my data mining i dont know, but thank you for posting. This epic catastrophe will usher in a 'new normal.' life will not be the same. some people here on ATS call this an over exaggeration. i'm not saying we're all dead in 2 months, but this has changed everything. mark my words. and it's not all bad. there is a silver-lining that i wont get into right now. it's there, believe me.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
Experts testify on grim ecological fallout from Gulf oil spill

Washington (CNN) -- The damaging effects of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico will be felt all the way to Europe and the Arctic, a top scientist told a congressional panel Friday.

Sheesh, pretty soon Jupiter will be knocked off its orbit due to the Gulf Oil spill. Am I the only one not buying in to all of this hype? Sorry, but enviromentalist scientists have a 0-10000 record in my book.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

The boy-who-cried-wolf syndrome is running rampant on this subject. Don't let past unneeded fear mongering of various topics blind you to the enormancy of this catastrophe.

The fact that BP and the U.S. government have seriously downplayed/lied about the situation early on, is enough for me to say that their actions warrant us to seriously look at this thing from every angle. We should keep vigily questioning everything that comes out of their mouths.

top topics

join