It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Asked For a Ride to Work, Murder/Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
After requesting a ride to work an argument between a couple breaks out and in front of their 4 children the unthinkable happens. "He called her a Lucifer", she tried to run away but was stopped with a knife, and was then brutally stabbed to death, the children all ran outside in unimaginable fear and panic, but the father was able to order them all back inside where he then lined them up and began stabbing them, 2 of them got away....

CBSNEWS.com

Original news source:

Steven Ryder, 46, and his 32-year-old wife, Louise, quarrelled Sunday night after she requested a ride to work, according to police. Steven Ryder called his wife "a Lucifer" and she then tried to run away but was attacked with a knife, said Police Chief Thomas Roche.
During the attack, the couple's children fled outside, but were ordered by their father to return to the house, Roche said. Steven Ryder then lined them up and attacked his 12-year-old daughter and 13-year-old son. The couple's two other children escaped without injury. One ran to a nearby home and told a neighbor what happened....

Please click the above original news source link for more.

"She requested a ride to work" and for that was a 'lucifer'. I am almost speechless after this report. once again we have a case where it seems to have been quite a normal family and to have a what some say was a normal day for them end like this is defies explanation.

What makes people snap like this? is there anyway people can know if the person they think they know could snap like this one day and kill them? Did he really think she was a "lucifer"? and what about the kids why did he feel like they had to be killed as well?

Sadly in cases like this there will always be more questions than answers. And I can't help but think about the surviving children who will have to live with the horror of this day for the rest of their lives.

Of course this story may not be news worthy as the body count is just to low. Now Back to the war in Iraq!

[edit on 8-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What a freak. I am within 20 minutes of where this took place.

Whack nut-job.

Here is a tidbit that the ATS community might find interesting.

www.iknowrochester.com...

How about that. A phone call telling you to turn out the lights and go to the basement???

Personally I am going to grab the shotgun and maybe even get involved.

Here is another news article regarding the event www.iknowrochester.com...

[edit on 8-6-2004 by ab2tw]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
That's just horrible... Why would anyone do something like that? Especially hurting children...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There was a bit of a deeper meaning in this report some may have missed.. yes this case is shocking and beyond words.. but as you can see in my last line I said it may not be seen as news worthy as the body count was just to low.. and it was quickly moved from ATSNN submission to here. Not that that bothers me I expected it.. and for the record it does show how we live in a world so wrecked by war and fears of terrorism that a small tragic and horrific story like this is just back page news.

Very interesting if you ask me!

Gazz

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yes, I notived that Gazz. When I clicked reply it was on ATSNN, after I submitted, it took me to Current Events.

It's still news, and possibly more shocking than other things that happen in the world, politically, etc., because this is just a family, seemingly like any other, and look what happened. It's sad.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is the third knife-throat murder that I have heard of since the Berg event.

Remeber the decapitationin baltimore??

Do you think that the Berg video could lead to more of this crap??

new topics

top topics

join