It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Venus question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Which one of the objects around the sun is Venus at this link? Is it the one at around 12 o'clock or the one at around 7 o'clock?

webcast3.uio.no...:26:04.jpg

here is the live link:
webcast3.uio.no...

NeedTruth

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hi Needtruth!

Uh, I'm baffled as to what object you're referring to here? Your picture, 13:26:04 shows this

And I can't see what you mean. Sorry - perhaps you could elucidate?

However, there is a thread - here - which gives images of what Venus looked like when it was in transit ealier today.

Hope that helps?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
well if those times are in UTC then venus shouldn't be in that pictures. are you asking about those smudges though? cause there's a third around 4:30.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I didnt see the photos but venus would be pretty close to the 7 O'clock position at the start of the transition.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Turn up the contrast a little on your monitor. I'm looking at this on a LCD so I can see it on default. When I turn up the contrast a little I actually see 3 objects. One at 12, one at 7 and one at 4.

Thanks for the replies so far.

NeedTruth

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm no astrologist / astronomer, but surely those 'smudges' are solar flares emanating from the sun when it is photographed in this negative way?

Not for sure, but that would be my guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
I'm no astrologist / astronomer, but surely those 'smudges' are solar flares

I didnt realize that solar flares remained constant for that long. It seems those were visible around the sun for quite a while. You can go to this link to get links of the last day or so worth of images.
webcast3.uio.no...

This one is interesting. The objects are a lot farther out than the current photo.
webcast3.uio.no...:18:15.jpg

[edit on 8-6-2004 by NeedTruth]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
NeedTruth,

Don't take my word as gospel, as I said I have no clue about these kind of things, but the pic did remind me of a negative image of those pics you see of the sun 'flaring' up a bit.

As for them staying around a while, I guess they would. Each one of the 'anomolies' is about 10 times the size of Earth!

B

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well after downloading several of the images and increasing the brightness on those images, it seems all this is a simple dirty lense. The telescope is moved numerous times in relation to the sun but the objects in question remain in the same locations in respect to the lens.

TruthFound on this one.

NeedTruth

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The picture seems like not the greatest picture to be studying on venus. I agree with everyone on various things, but if you are having pictures of things like planets, you might want to stick to a better source.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This is the last one I could find Venus in

webcast3.uio.no...:18:05.jpg

It's near 5 o'clock position

top topics

join