It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human-made DNA-powered cell coming.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Human-made DNA-powered cell coming.

durangoherald.com

WASHINGTON - Scientists announced a bold step Thursday in the enduring quest to create artificial life. They've produced a living cell powered by human-made DNA.
While such work can evoke images of Frankenstein-like scientific tinkering, it also is exciting hopes that it could eventually lead to new fuels, better ways to clean polluted water, faster vaccine production and more.

Is it really an artificial life form?

The inventors call it the world's first synthetic cell, although this initial step is more a re-creation of existing life - changing one simple type of bacterium into anoth
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've searched the site and haven't found any post concerning this topic, forgive me if I've over-looked something. Okay, I need someone to explain this to me, please. My brain isnt grasping this at all???? How does it work and what does it mean when they say the cell will be powered by human-made DNA? How does human-DNA power anything? What does it entail? I guess it's done just like they do others, by extracting the DNA from 1 cell and implanting human-made DNA in it's place? Thanks in advance but I literally dont understand this?? I do know it sounds pretty creepy, other than that?????

durangoherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join