It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orthodox Greek Exorcism - video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, this looks interesting...

Anybody speak Greek? Are the words appropriate?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Looks like the video was removed.

Do you have any other links to the video, or could we get a summary of the events caught on the film, or something like that?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

This one here is kinda good for tone, too.
(I think the reason I have an urge to set it to music is because it reminds me of Diamanda Galas, like "I Put A Spell On You" or "You Must Be Certain Of The Devil"...(glorious result of a misspent youth et cetera)...don't get me wrong, I like Diamanda Galas)...

The (limited) accompanying notes say it is the demon speaking through an 18 year old girl, displeased because he is powerless against the Virgin Mary's efficacious protection over Christians...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sink the Bismarck!

Found it!

This is interesting... to say the least. Thanks for reminding me to stay out of greece!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sink the Bismarck!

You are right, it was removed quick as that, I am sorry.

There was an older lady lying on the floor of the church, screaming as the priest read...she seemed to be the main victim but what was particularly interesting to me was that there were several men, seemingly her relatives, that had this herky-jerky galvanic motion going on also, like they were troubled by the same spirit or else very emotionally attuned to her yelling, so it was like seeing the wind hitting a field of grass, as the intensity waxed and waned.
Seriously, I was viewer number zero on that clip, and they must have pulled it off within 15 minutes, sorry...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

You are the leader, BeastMaster...Thanks.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Damn, this one from Indonesia has some good points too...
It starts off kinda sweet, like it's a mistake, but about 1:30 she starts feeling it...and her eyes have an interesting thing about them, at certain junctures...YOW

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
The really weird thing about the Indonesian one that makes it seem more 'legit' than some random Greek's acting crazy in a church - is that she rarely blinks throughout the whole episode. I tried to keep pace with her and literally couldn't without squinting and then eventually having to blink. She was going EXTREMELY long periods without blinking. Something was definitely going on and the only other explanation would be drugs - but I doubt that.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

Damn, this one from Indonesia has some good points too...
It starts off kinda sweet, like it's a mistake, but about 1:30 she starts feeling it...and her eyes have an interesting thing about them, at certain junctures...YOW

Hmmm... this is truly creeping me out right now man. -_-.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sad thing in 2010,

Understandably, a community does what it can with the resources and knowledge it has.
Excluding "fakes", hysterical or intoxicated people, these are very typical cases of Schizophrenia
(acute psychosis phase) with mental and physical manifestations.

Same as there is a use of anti-arrhythmic drugs to simply restabilize the abnormal firing
of nerve tissue seen in most heart arrhythmias; in both conditions meds work quite well &
in just a couple of minutes/hours (most of the time) to stabilize the dysfunctional organ (brain, heart...).

Though it is valuable to have some social presence/support (here given by the church community)
as is with any case of mental fragility/illness, these distressed individuals would surely benefit
from a small dose of (often overly criticized) western medicine. We know that not even a couple of
centuries ago, when society in majority believed in demonic possessions, true or not, because of
fear and intrinsic sense of powerlessness there was too frequent mistreatment and neglect of
the victim, if not simply abandoned or ostracized...

I propose a few clues to support non spiritual causes in such situations (other than the expected response to medication):
* No reported newly unknown or multiple languages spoken (by a same individual);
* No multiple simultaneous voices vocalized (in a same individual);
* No particular / out of ordinary / inexplicable associated events (such as levitating objects, marked room temperature changes, bursts of sounds or flickering lights...etc;
* No paranormal manifestations;
*...and so on

Some basic info...:

- Knowledge is power and Truth will set you free -

[edit on 22-5-2010 by spiralarkitek]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spiralarkitek

Yeah, I used to work in a mental hospital as a "psychiatric nurses aide" i.e. I was one of the guys who would wrestle you to the floor and put the leather restraint cuffs on you...so I do have a large amount of field experience with schizophrenics, really truly I do.

Looking at the videos I don't see anything that would make me say that schizophrenia is the necessary obvious explanation...it's not impossible schizophrenic behavior, for sure, but it is unusual schizophrenic behavior.
Particularly the manner of talking in different voices...it seems a little off, a little too-much-in-one-new-character...the schizophrenics I've known "doing accents" would do more than one, they'd have their own-normal-little-voice worked into the choir, answering back to the scary ones...Obviously, this isn't dispositive, and these are short videos, but, I'm just saying...

Fundamentalist materialists like schizophrenia as an explanation for possession because they don't want to hear 'bout-from-no-spirits, of course...but that's a bias, not a proof, no?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I just tried embedding one from youtube called "Maldives Exorcism", but it didn't work...it's an hour long...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

This here Coptic exorcism evidently from Egypt rules, too...some nice vocalizations, come on down ...

And here's a follow-up with less-fortunate audio quality...although I guess it is like the voices of Legion, as it were...

[edit on 22-5-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
To label the situation as "Schizophrenia" is to simply create a new name for a situation which has existed since prehistoric times. It does not change the situation. It implies that the situation is an "illness". It might not be an illness at all. Just simply a hightened spiritual awareness, brought on by a combination of factors. The treatments applied in the westernized materialistic atheistic countries tends to be heavily reliant on chemicals that reduce brain functionality. However, the root cause of the situation is not being treated. Thus if we examine the root causes we might find that prescribing chemicals to suppress brain functionality might not be the best option. My own opinion based on personal experience and research brings me to the understanding that "schizophrenia" is simply a situation of hightened spiritual awareness. This could be, and in my opinion should be, dealt with through, "brainwave entrainment therapy". It has proven to be very affective. In my own case I recieve medication [seroquel/quetiapine 200mg daily] and I bought myself [£100GBP] a brainwave entrainment device called "Galaxy Voyager". It stimulates Alpha Brainwaves which combat the excessive amounts of Beta Brainwave activity commonly associated with schizophrenia. This enables me to enjoy a life free of the "noise-in-the-head" [paranoia] associated with schizophrenia. However, I believe that "schizophrenia" is natural and should be channelled positively through the every day practice of Transcendental Meditation, in my case I am a "ChienTao" Zen Buddhist Monk. It is my belief that my music creations are a therapy for these psychological situations. I invite you to listen [free of charge] to my music at the following websites. May it be that my music will bring you into a state of peace and sanity.
Music - 1
Music - 2
SHIMONO
"WE ONLY SEE WHAT WE BELIEVE IS POSSIBLE". So, according to this adage, persons who are not able to understand the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos, are thus not going to be disturbed by the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos. However, those who do understand the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos, are thus more likely to experience the higher dimensionality of the Cosmos. Just because one is not able to see and hear and touch the object or person, does not mean that others cannot see and hear and touch the object or person. Look long enough and one might also be able to see and hear and touch the object or person, even though to begin with the object or person was invisible to your perception of reality. In my comprehension of the Cosmos, I believe it to be the case that what we see as material reality, is not of our own choosing, but rather is entirely in the Hand of God. One is at the Mercy of God. It is the Power of God that is deciding our destiny. Buddhists call this the Law of Kharma. If you read the following book you will begin to understand the situation. "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" by author MICHAEL TALBOT published 1991 by Harper Collins. ISBN 0-586-09171-8.

As regard to these hallucinogenic voices, in my opinion they are the beginning of something that will either destroy you in hell or lift you into heaven. To the ignorant it is insanity. However, to those who know, it is the Divine Wind. You should try to communicate with the voices. Ask the voices to identify themselves. Tell them to stop hiding from you. I hear voices too. My own comprehension, after may years of such communications, is that these are entity communicating via what Albert Einstien called "the folding of the fabric of time and space". Take a sheet of paper. It is a two dimensional surface. Draw a point A and a point B. The distance between point A and point B is about three inches. Point A and point B are separated by space and it takes time to travel the three inches between them. But that is only because they exist in two dimensional space. If we introduce a third dimension we are then able to fold the paper in that third dimension. In folding the paper we join point A to point B. Then the separation between point A and point B is zero. No separation. This is what your voices are. They are people far across the cosmos in time and space separated from you. However in the higher dimensional cosmos [subconsciousness] there is no such separation that we see and experience with our mundain consciousness. In our subconsciousness we are higher dimensionality. Thus the voices are calling to you across the universe. Answer the voices. Respond to the voices. You will not regret making that higher dimensional contact. Try not to be afraid of any paranormal manifestations that the voices activate. It is increadible what can happen if we are open to these "folding of space and time" events. QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT [QE] is not, as some believe it to be, the transfer of "information" at greater than the speed of light, at absolute velocity, or any velocity. QE is what some call "worm hole in space" what Albert Einstien called "The folding of the fabric of time and space". It is the "Oneness of All Things".

Google Video Link

[edit on 26/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

I do like the music, nice work.
I also agree with your basic attitude (or what I perceive as being such) of taking whatever mental-health-diagnosis one operates with as being natural, valid, as-if-provided-to-us-by-God and a fit spot to view the rest of the universe from...We all got to dance with the one that brung us, and play out the cards we were dealt...know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

There's an Islamic exorcism of a young policeman in this video, starting at around 5:20 in...

And I think I've seen this one here on ATS before, but while I'm on the subject (it's so annoying to go back and see so many videos I've posted before in this thread have been deleted - might as well post what I can while I can)

[edit on 5-7-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

top topics

join