It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statoil Shuts Gullfaks C Output as Well Destabilizes (Update4)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Statoil Shuts Gullfaks C Output as Well Destabilizes (Update4)

www.businessweek.com

May 21 (Bloomberg) -- Statoil ASA partially evacuated platform C at the Gullfaks field in the North Sea after pressure in a well destabilized, shutting production at the facility and the nearby Tordis field.

“We still have an unstable pressure situation,” Gisle Johanson, a company spokesman, said by phone today. The company is continuing to pump drilling mud into the well and is putting together a plan on how to proceed, Johanson said. Output was halted at Gullfaks C and Tordis, he said.

There were three different events starting on May 19 and continuing yesterday when workers were
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.canadianbusiness.com
green.blogs.nytimes.com

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hope this doesn't develop into something more serious, but it is important to keep an eye out. It looks like they have been having issues for the past few days and finally had to evacuate some people. At least they are being more cautious than BP was, given that it seems BP may have also been having trouble leading up to the explosion.

www.businessweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i can't help but wonder if there is systemic destabilization going on. what if the plates and pressures are changing?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah and a tropical storm is brewing around the bahamas, could reach the gulf next week...

Hopefully it won't happen.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

Who knows. I have often wondered from the moment I learned of the BP oil rig explosion and ensuing spill, if it didn't have something to do with the Earth rather than malfunctioning equipment whether it was a small earthquake or what-have-you. I guess we'll see.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Universe: Hey here's another potential disaster! Enjoy!

Humans: Yeah, thanks, my plate isn't full or anything. Just go ahead and dump some of that doom over here between the potential war in North Korea, and a renewed economic collapse. Don't scratch my Iran plans on your way in there!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

ye, that would be bad for the gulf oil problems.

as stated, this one is in the north sea.. thats between uk and mainland europe.

(which got my attention, as im not far from the north sea at all, and i know ppl who work their in the oil trade)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by boaby_phet]

top topics

join