It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Of Government Doesn't Trust Citizens Either

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Big Brother Thank you for correcting that persons line of thinking. It is very important that people realize what is truly happening within all Governments around the world. Please see my last comment on this page where I replied to an idot that is not thinking but just commented without reading what I wrote. The Governments have already formed as one; they are not telling people. Please do not discredit me, as I know this for a fact. Please do what ever you can to have this topic and my message posted in the main forum, it is VERY TRUE what I wrote. I was just trying to prove it with facts I had researched to substanciate my knowledge; Research Robert McNamara for yourself; he was The "Orchestrator" he was very intelligent; Wicklopedia.com can give you his public background information and bio. I am new to this site and cannot email you directly until I have posted 20 threads. Thank you

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by The Elect of God is here

Thanks for bringing this information to light. I know you put a lot into it, and it is good information.
Just remember, if you bring "the onion", you are going to get these kind of responses. You have the option of removing that reference, or elaborating on why it is included.
But, good thread otherwise.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
mm well i think its not so much they dont trust us either, its more like our government is just too ignorant stupid and head in the clouds state of mind

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Of course we have many reasons to distrust the Federal Government, but what world are we living in when our own government distrusts us? What the hell!? What kind of government distrusts its own people? It works for the people, they are the people too! Or, at least they use to be people, and work for the people...definitely don't any more.

Don't the people in the government understand that if they distrust the populace then they are distrusting themselves too because they are part of the populace, and if the populace distrusts the government, we are all distrusting each other, ourselves, and our country. We all live in the same country. We should trust each other to help to make our country better for each other and future generations, not worse with higher-taxes, martial law, big brother, and a dictator.

Somehow we ended up with a bunch of incompetent, power-thirsty, retarded people running our country and the world. It needs to stop.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Source being a hoax or not..

Majority Of Government Doesn't Trust Citizens Either

That statement is probably more than likely true, and I just want to say..

Good, The Feeling Is Mutual!

I have never seen a government that I didn't wish to implode..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
damn, links not posting. Anyway OP the onion is not a legit source, it's comedy.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Solomons]

So is this thread..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Um. No we aren't the government.

Yes, we are, according to one of the greatest Presidents this nation ever had, Abraham Lincoln:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Oh, ye of little faith! You sound like a defeatist. If you are resigned to the attitude you took in your post, then you are lost. I am not resigned to it, because I BELIEVE that not only CAN we take back OUR government, we MUST take it back.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

We are not the government.
There is change in the air...people are becoming MORE engaged in government. Becoming...government more and more.
So, NO, we have not BEEN the government, but we CAN and SHOULD be the government, and we are becoming more engaged.
We do have a problem. Our government has been kidnapped. We just have to rescue what rightfully belongs to us.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

We are not the government. There is change in the air...people are becoming MORE engaged in government. Becoming...government more and more. So, NO, we have not BEEN the government, but we CAN and SHOULD be the government, and we are becoming more engaged.

Lincoln said that the government is for the people, by the people, and of the people, about 150 years ago.

So my question to you is "When do YOU think government STOPPED being that?"

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I don't think we lost our representative government overnight, or at any certain point. I don't believe we are totally UNrepresented either, but we don't have what Lincoln proclaimed. In fact, you can say the south had the government of, by and for the union states. But, that is a different discussion. Certainly state sovereignty didn't mean anything, regardless of the merits of the war.
Anyway, it is clear that our mainstream media is in bed with big corporations, and we have no independent press. Without this, we have no critical review of government offered to the American people. We have representatives that vote on laws that are not only unpopular, but often unread by the lawmakers.
We have little accountability for crimes committed by our elected representatives.
We have the federal government spending money at will with no one able to tell them how NOT to spend our money. Hillary Clinton carries a U.S. credit card with a billion dollar limit it seems.
No, we do not have government of, by, and for the people.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thay are supposed to be our represenatives and do as we mandate, not as they please, so If they don't trust us as our "Employees" maybe they are doing something they are not supposed to be doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join