It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign 'terrorists' breach U.S. border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Foreign 'terrorists' breach U.S. border

beforeitsnews.com

A 2006 congressional report on border threats, titled "A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border" and prepared by the House Committee on Homeland Security Subcommittee on Investigations, indicated that 1.2 million illegal aliens were apprehended in 2005 alone, and 165,000 of those were from countries other than Mexico. Approximately 650 were from "special interest countries," or nations the Border Patrol defines as "designated by the intelligence community as countries
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.eurasiareview.com

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The source article says that during the year in question, 2005 six hundred and fifty of those that were caught came from countries that sponsor terror. If six hundred and fifty were caught, how many got through? Also this happened in 2005, how many have gotten through since then? I have heard people say around here that something big is in the works, I wonder if they might be right.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

That doesn't neccesarily equate to all 650 being terrorists. Many may have been on the run from countries like Somalia, Pakistan. Countires where making a life for yourself and your family must be near on impossible.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Peru
yes that is very correct. However those in question could have probably gone to the nearest border station and walked into the country freely.
That is really the only gripe I have with all of this.
If it matters any I really do hope you are right.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Well the U.S. hardly has a great record in allowing refugees, political prisoners, people fleeing violence and persecution into the country. Look at the treatment of the Jews following World War II and Iraqis following the U.S. invasion.

It was logical for these people to avoid any U.S. Government apparatus.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Peru
I am not to sure what you want to compare the record of accepting immigrants to but if you would like to at least make a start at do so hear is a place to look.
us.gov

new topics

top topics

join