It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Woman shot, killed by Yuba City police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

UPDATE: Woman shot, killed by Yuba City police

www.appeal-democrat.com

A woman was shot by two police officers late Thursday in south Yuba City after she approached them with a shotgun and refused to put down her weapon, according to a department press release.

Victoria Helen Roger-Vasselin, 67, was shot by two Yuba City officers and pronounced dead at the scene.

Police were called to the 700 block of Mariner Loop after a U.S. Census worker was confronted by residents who pointed a firearm at the worker and said they would not answer any questions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The refusal to comply with the census now seems to be turning deadly. People feel pretty strongly against the census.

The census form I received asked me for things such as my phone number, ethnicity, age, and similar such questions. I did not answer all of that because it is none of the census's business what my phone number is; however, I never thought that someone could be shot from that.

The woman in question did refuse to put down her shotgun. I do not know why she would feel so threatened by the census as to respond to it in this manner. Shame the article does not give more details.

www.appeal-democrat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I forgot to mention my question of why a census worker was out after 10pm. Many people would be in bed around that time.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Agreed, i really wonder why she thought the need to point a shotgun at a census worker. If it was simply because the worker turned up then this woman made a silly move in the end no matter how you dice it.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sadly, she probably believed the rhetoric on talk radio and worked herself up to think she was defending her rights. Everybody is required to answer the census, it's always been that way so her age is no excuse.

You can't point a weapon at a census worker and you sure as hell can't point a weapon at a cop. I guess she found that out.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
I forgot to mention my question of why a census worker was out after 10pm. Many people would be in bed around that time.

The article doesn't say but most likely the census worker was long gone and just the police were there at that time.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Have you heard the cases regarding People imitating Census Workers and robbing peoples houses. There was a case of an actual Census Worker employed by the Gov who raped a blind or handicapped female.

Especially if the worker is out at 10pm, that would alarm any individual. And this taking place in Yuba City, certain parts of Yuba City if you don't have a gun for protection...you are asking for it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Agreed, i really wonder why she thought the need to point a shotgun at a census worker. If it was simply because the worker turned up then this woman made a silly move in the end no matter how you dice it.

Well, the only thing I can think of is that the census worker refused to leave. If that's the case then the census worker was trespassing.

Maybe just closing the door in the worker's face would've been a better alternative.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Have you heard the cases regarding People imitating Census Workers and robbing peoples houses. There was a case of an actual Census Worker employed by the Gov who raped a blind or handicapped female.

Especially if the worker is out at 10pm, that would alarm any individual. And this taking place in Yuba City, certain parts of Yuba City if you don't have a gun for protection...you are asking for it.

Yes, there's that too. People would be foolish to let their guards down just because someone is from the government.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Sadly, she probably believed the rhetoric on talk radio and worked herself up to think she was defending her rights. Everybody is required to answer the census, it's always been that way so her age is no excuse.

You can't point a weapon at a census worker and you sure as hell can't point a weapon at a cop. I guess she found that out.

Are you kidding me??? of course you can point a weapon at a cop or anyone else who is illegally on your property. If you are in fear of your life or defense of your property you have every right to do so. Is it a smart thing to do??probably not.

I swear people have let themselves be indoctrinated to accept that they are slaves to an institution that they are supposed to be in control of.....

A cop who comes onto your property has to either ask permission, have been invited, or have a warrant to access and search your property. If a complaint is filed by someone they can come and request permission to enter your property or if they witness a crime take place and have to immdeiately respond they can. Other than that they have no right to be on your property and if they point a gun at you, you have a right to defend yourself.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Jaden

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Masterjaden]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Why even open the door?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

Read the article. The police knocked on the door and a man threatened them with a handgun. You do not have the 'right' to threaten a police officer with a weapon for simply knocking on your door. You get shot for doing stupid things like that, but maybe that's evolution at work.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Read the article. The police knocked on the door and a man threatened them with a handgun. You do not have the 'right' to threaten a police officer with a weapon for simply knocking on your door. You get shot for doing stupid things like that, but maybe that's evolution at work.

I didn't say it was a smart thing to do, just you have every right, and them being a cop, gives them no more right to trespass than anyone else.

And your wrong, you DO have the right to point a gun at a cop on your own property until he proves he has the legal right to be on your property. We HAVE to teach police to respect the law. You can't enforce the law if you don't respect it yourself. They are NOT above the law.

I had a friend who had a cop come to his house after neighbors reported him firing a bb gun on his property. When they came, he yelled "F you pig, get the hell off my property"....

Not the smartest thing to do. Guess what, they calmly asked him if he had been firing a bb gun on his property. He said no, now get the F off my property, and they had no choice but to leave.

The bb gun was inside his house, they had no warrant and no reason to suspect that he even had a bb gun on the property.

Does that mean that cops are going to follow the law??? no many don't and that's what pisses me off about situations like this.

So is it a smart thing to do??? No...

Do you have the right to??? abso-freakin-lutely...

Do we have to make sure that our police follow the law and that this doesn't happen???? We'd better or well continue to lose more and more of our rights until it is too late and armed insurrection is the only way to restore them....

Jaden

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If it's night time and you have flashlights blinding you and all you know is there are some people on your property or heading toward your property claiming to be police and demanding you leave yourself defenseless how can you be absolutely sure dropping that gun is the right thing to do? Even being able to see the uniform and badge isnt proof it's a cop. We get guys around here who mock up their cars to look like cop cars and a uniform and badge can be had for $50.

As it is people get pulled over and attacked pretty regularly on the highways and byways by imposter cops. And real cops for that matter.

Old and alone. It's freaking 10PM. Hell, if somebody came knocking on my door at 10PM I'd answer it with gun in my hand.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
Do you have the right to??? abso-freakin-lutely...

You do not have a right to threaten a law enforcement officer, doing their lawful duty, with a weapon. Your insistence that this is some inalienable right is exactly why this woman is now dead. And you proved my point nicely.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden

Are you kidding me??? of course you can point a weapon at a cop or anyone else who is illegally on your property. If you are in fear of your life or defense of your property you have every right to do so. Is it a smart thing to do??probably not.

I swear people have let themselves be indoctrinated to accept that they are slaves to an institution that they are supposed to be in control of.....

A cop who comes onto your property has to either ask permission, have been invited, or have a warrant to access and search your property. If a complaint is filed by someone they can come and request permission to enter your property or if they witness a crime take place and have to immdeiately respond they can. Other than that they have no right to be on your property and if they point a gun at you, you have a right to defend yourself.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Jaden

Actually a cop can walk around your property all he wants, especially if is called out to that location. He does not have the right to search your property if there are fences and stuff, but still yet anything in plain view is fair game. The Officer can even walk up to your door and knock... he can stay there for a minute or two if he wants but if you dont answer he should leave. and yes he can go around the back of the residence and try the backdoor but still he cannot go in unless he has a warrant or for something such as a burglary in progress or some other kind of violation in progress.

IF he meets you on your property he still has the right to take a look around.

If they point a gun at you its because you are pointing one at them or threatening them in some manor.

AND considering a census worker is a type of federal worker in essense such hostility is uncalled for on multiple playing fields. The only people who take such hostile actions are people who have serious issues. Given the state of the world, im sure the numbers of those types of people are escalating....

BUT THINKING ITS OK TO POINT A GUN AT A COP AFTER hes been called to a location is illegal. They can get charged with atleast 3 offenses and serve more than 3 years in prison for that. Most judges will not let it get that far but they can if they wanted. The cop was called to respond to a call, that is almost like a warrant. While he doesnt have search powers he has the legitimate legal right to be at the premises, and considering the lady was pointing a gun at officers and refusing to co-operate... sadly... she was asking to be shot. Its called Suicide by police... its very common for crazy people.

I dont know what rocks some of you are crawling out from, but please stay there. You do not seem like you could handle existance in the real world.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by rjmelter]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

you dont have to comply until they kick down the door and serve a warrant.

until then you either say nothing, or shout "your trying to rob me, if you enter my home without producing a warrant i will kill you"

completely lawful threat. if they had a warrant they wouldnt be knocking on the door they would be kicking it down. they can say whatever they want to try to get you to open it and then all the rules change, and they no longer need a warrant.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Would you care to provide evidence for your post? Im sure it exists somewhere, but I doubt it is as prevalent as you say... that you would have to guard yourself with a gun. I think thats called paranoia, and there is medication for that.

I highly doubt there are people impersonating cops where you live as frequently as you say... if there are you should contact your state agency and unsuspiciously take pictures for evidence. If said situation is true these guys need to be put to death or put in jail for 20 years. Im sure there are elements to your story that are missing... it sure sounds like it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
ok so someone comes to your door you point a gun at them the cops are called you point the gun at them .
refuse to put it down when asked even in the old west befor cops were around this was just asking for a shot out and she got it.
now i dont like most peace officers because theres nothing peacfull about them but in this case she was the stupid one.
having a right to defend your self yes having the right to wave a gun around in a manner that will just kill some one no.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
[edit on 21-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join