It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Nelson has never used an ATM, but he knows about 'holograms'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
SBen Nelson has never used an ATM, but he knows about 'holograms'

Asked by the Omaha Herald if he supports legislation to cap ATM fees, the Nebraska Democrat said he wasn't sure what those were:

“I've never used an ATM, so I don't know what the fees are,” Nelson said, adding that he gets his cash from bank tellers, just not automatic ones. “It's true, I don't know how to use one.

“But I could learn how to do it just like I've ... I swipe to get my own gas, buy groceries. I know about the holograms.”

By “holograms,” Nelson clarified that he meant the bar codes on products read by automatic scanners in the checkout lanes at stores such as Lowe's and Menards.

“I go and get my own seating assignment on an airplane,” Nelson said. “I mean, I'm not without some skills. I just haven't had the need to use an ATM.”

Does this prove how out of touch Washington has become?

My granddad knows how to use an ATM card and does his own shopping & drives. He just immigrated to the country 5 years ago.

This is absurd, how do people vote these loons into office again, again, & again.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Who cares if he has never used an ATM.

Can he read?

Can he write?

Does he have the book smarts to to the job?

Does he have the common sense to do the job?

Thats about all I care about, not if he can pull money out of a machine.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracle Man

That would be a solid No to all of your replies:

As his interns write the bills not him.

As he doesn't read any bills presented in congress only panders about reading them. Case in point the "THE CORNHUSKER KICKBACK".

Book Smarts? What exactly does that mean? If he can not read or write the laws he is voting on, I guess he has no book smarts.

Common Sense? LMAO...That would be straight NO.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Not knowing how to use a ATM is horrible!

Hell, if i had the choice, i wouldn't know how to use a ATM either.

If hes not reading the laws, then I think that should be against the law. Eh!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by gandhi]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Then if the answer is no to all the questions then don't vote for him because of that. Even though we both know that two of those things would be a solid yes. You get a C- for trying to be witty and failing.

Don't not vote for him because he can't use an ATM. Thats a petty reason not to vote for someone. Only a petty person would even consider this a reason for him not to be qualified.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man

Then if the answer is no to all the questions then don't vote for him because of that. Even though we both know that two of those things would be a solid yes. You get a C- for trying to be witty and failing.

Don't not vote for him because he can't use an ATM. Thats a petty reason not to vote for someone. Only a petty person would even consider this a reason for him not to be qualified.

Ah, Sure thing Internet COMMANDO. If I was in his state I wouldn't vote for him. But the question was for the people leaving in his state. I guess you didn't read the entire OP...he is out of touch. Claims that he buys his own food...who doesn't. Claims he pumps his own gas...who doesn't. To even make such claims which is out of touch. Is he making these claims because others in congress have some one else pump their gas & buy their food other than their family ofcourse?

You get a "C" for a giving me a CHUCKLE.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Internet Commando?

If you say so.

You say who doesn't do all those things?

Probably everyone who works in Politics in DC. So yes, in the company that he is a part of that is a big deal.

Forget it, this was about the ATM and you are turning it into something more. I don't know the guy, so if he is a bad politician then people don't need to vote for him.

What I am saying and you are over looking over and over again is that I'm saying it is petty to even bring up the ATM thing as a strike against him.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Who gives a flying rat's sh#t if he can't use an ATM? What the hell does that even matter? In your books a requirement to be in office is knowing how to withdraw some money from a machine?

What next, they must have a iPhone?

The world's collapsing and going to sh#t and your concerned that one bloke can't use an ATM

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Maybe the people who are citizens of this country give a flying poop if he can use an ATM or not. He obviously knows how to use the taxpayers as his ATM.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I don't see the importance of him knowing or not know how to use an ATM.. It doesn't correlate to anything important.

If he didn't know how to read, or was a school dropout, wife basher, child molester, psycopath... Yeah maybe that might matter.

This is incredibly petty and fails to equate to anything important at all

new topics

top topics

join