It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Should Arizona Seceede?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I love my home state, but I would move to the first state that left the union.

I don't care what state that is it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The Lakota Indians made secessionist noises in 2007, that garnered some press coverage.
survivalacres.com...

I wrote them an email expressing an interest in joining with them.

OutKast Searcher,
If the US government went to war with Arizona over secession, i think you might have quite a civil war start up.

A LOT of people are unhappy under the thumb of mafia tyranny.
That could be the last straw for many.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Live Free or Die Fighting for it. (adapted from New Hampshire)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
If the US government went to war with Arizona over secession, i think you might have quite a civil war start up.

A LOT of people are unhappy under the thumb of mafia tyranny.
That could be the last straw for many.

I agree that a lot of people are unhappy under the thumb of mafia tyranny and that that could be the last straw for many but that doesn't mean that they could pull it off.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Mixed feelings on this.

As an Apache, if Arizona seceded, that would free us to declare our independence, too, along with the other tribes in Arizona. Arizona would be exposed as hypocrites if they tried to continue denying others the freedom they are demanding for themselves.

If Arizonans accepted this, all well and good. If not, then I'd be heading to Arizona to fight for my people's freedom.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If the Federal Government ever attacked a state with the Military. There would be no federal government.

The Hundreds of millions of gun owners would whipe them out in just a few days.

Remeber the Phrase: Don't Tread on Me?

Well I can tell you that there are millions of Milita in this country and they will rise up and water that tree of liberty should the Feds try somthing that stupid.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Mixed feelings on this.

As an Apache, if Arizona seceded, that would free us to declare our independence, too, along with the other tribes in Arizona. Arizona would be exposed as hypocrites if they tried to continue denying others the freedom they are demanding for themselves.

If Arizonans accepted this, all well and good. If not, then I'd be heading to Arizona to fight for my people's freedom.

============================================

I am sure that a secession decision would have to be approved by
the majority of voters within the state of Arizona.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If the Federal Government ever attacked a state with the Military. There would be no federal government.

The Hundreds of millions of gun owners would whipe them out in just a few days.

Remeber the Phrase: Don't Tread on Me?

Well I can tell you that there are millions of Milita in this country and they will rise up and water that tree of liberty should the Feds try somthing that stupid.

On june 24 2009 Manuel Zelaya proposed a referandum on changing the Honduran constitution so that a President could be re-elected to office. Four days later they took him from his home at gun point and put him on a plane headed out of the country. That is watering the tree of liberty.

The feds continuously go against the will of the people of the US. You have the Militia which will act when needed.

Well how big does that need actually have to be? I have yet to see them do anything, ever.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Ooooookay...
Not only is this going waaaaay too far...it's borderlining on the retarded.
Does anyone even seem to realize that the new state legislation is basically a micromanaged version of a Federal series of laws!?!
This is about illegal aliens and border protection!
Is everyone taking stupid pills!?!
Have people forgotten that there are laws and regulations that govern immigration?
If people break those laws, they are criminals.
I don't care if they're oppressed, looking for a better life, looking to have anchor babies or anything else!
They are breaking our laws!
In fact, most of these brain-dead, bleeding heart liberals seem to forget that many, many illegals send money back home and damage our economy by reducing the amount of money in circulation here.
Not to mention the absolutely obscene drain on our public healthcare and school systems.
Oh, and the rise in crime because (statistically speaking) many illegals turn to crime because they can't find a job because they're freakin' illegal!
(and yeah, the statistics are out there...don't expect me to find them for you because you should be doing your own damn research)
Aaaaaand the major problems that arise because a whole slew of illegals ardently refuse to acclimate properly to OUR society and won't learn the language.
This is the United States of America...I shouldn't have to press #2 for English!
All Arizona is doing is picking up the slack that the feds have failed (epically failed) to enforce properly.
How is enforcing Federal laws at a state level bad?
Aaaaaaand another thing...a bunch of you are whinging about how this allows for racial profiling.
That's true to a point.
A POINT!
It's a...wait for it...and pay very close attention here folks...a probable cause law.
Which means someone has to be engaging in subversive behavior to begin with in order to have to show proof of citizenship.
Again, how is that wrong?
I'm not a native Arizonian, and I've only been here a year and a half, but if the state feels that it's in the best interest of American and Arizonian citizens to enforce Federal law at a state level...then they have my blessings and every single one of you "American citizens" should be backing them %1000!
This is about economic security, border fortification and the very safety of our citizens!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

If it does happen, will travel through Arizona still be acceotable or am I going to have to get a passport? I live in Vegas, so I'm very curious to how this Arizona thing is going to play out and how Nevada will take to it...Sometimes, though I feel this argument is to distract us from a greater issue.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The bill, HCR 2034, says that Arizona's secession would be triggered if the federal government instituted martial law or attempted to confiscate guns, and would require that at least 34 other states go along.
www.greenspun.com...
and
www.thebuzzmedia.com...
This is old news.
But if you look at the last time a state seceded from the union you will notice it didn't turn out very well for them at the time.
Montana and Oklahoma Threatened to secede if the Supreme Court ruled against an individual-rights interpretation of the second amendment.
In my Opinion the only state that has a chance of seceding successfully is Alaska because they actually have the resources to be self sufficient.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think that there is a deeper issue here that is coming out, and that is the right of a state, versus that of the federal government and the responsiblities that both are suppose to do. People are tired, they are tired of the political rhetoric and where the politicians say one thing, but sneaks around and does the exact opposite. I think that many people should look to AZ, not cause of the law that they passed, but because they are finally making good on a promise to the citizens of that state. And that is why many people are taking notice. Just imagine it, a government that actually works for the people.
Now on the Succession question, as a single state, no it does not have much of a chance, but if more than one state, say 10 to 20 were to join together, and say we have had enough and this union is disolved and we are forming our own country and uphold on values and principles of its citizens, then it may just work, especially since more and more people in different states are looking and thinking, do we really need the federal government, especially they do not represent me or my voice or there is a lack of trust.
How many people here can say that they trust the federal government 100% of the time and believe that they are going to do what is correct for the country? From what I have seen, not a lot of the people in the country trust the federal government to do the right thing. For myself, I trust the federal government about as much as I would trust a fox near a hen house, it may look cute and cuddly, but would not turn my back on it for one moment.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There is one other thing about the state of Arizona that not many people realize, it has alot of natural resorces at its disposal, from copper, tin and the one metal that everyone tends to want, gold. And some of those metals are just on the surface of the ground, and people go out with metal detectors to just pick it up.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Why not !!!!! The states have no legitimate Federal Government. All states should succeed, until such time that a legitimate government can be elected with paper ballots, and the multinational corporate media is prosecuted.

I doubt seriously that any large government will ever work proper. It might have worked for 13 states, but beyond that it just gets ridiculous.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
maybe we need the fed to be more like the UN. people go talk about things and vote on resolutions that are basically advisory. their only budget is to have a big building and some troops that are contributed from each state. they don't need computers or phone lines because they pay no attention to information or messages sent to them, nor do they read their own reports. if they didn't have so much money to spread around, they wouldn't be such a menace. the debt being generated alone is good reason to take away the power. all rights go back to the states. states generate money for their own residents. if voters in that state agree to contribute something to one of the fed's projects, they can do so.

i like the idea of a purely advisory fed. they could tweet their opinions and maybe have a facebook page. that way we don't have to dissolve the union, just defund the federal government and take away its authority.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well let's see. The following six items are supposed to be the primary functions of our federal government source: www.relia.net...
=============================================

After the Revolutionary War, the commanding officer, George Washington, relinquished his power encouraged the drafting of a new Constitution. This was one of the first instances of a leader stepping down so that the people could decide their own future and destinies.

The preamble to the U.S. Constitution lists six functions of government:

1. To form a more perfect Union - The national government will be fair across different state boundaries, helping keep the union together.

2. To establish justice - The government's responsiblity is to protect those who do obey the law and punish those who do not.

3. To insure domestic tranquility - In order that all may lead a tranquil and quiet life, according to their own conscience, in a godlike and dignified manner.

4. To provide for the common defense - All life is held as sacred, with the protection of innocent life at the base of capital punishment. The government is to provided an army for protection from external threats.

5. To promote the general welfare - Civil rulers are servants for the general good. All classes of citizens are to be represented equally by any laws the government may pass. The government may not provide or aid special interest groups above others. It is to promote, not provide, for the people.

6. To secure the blessings of liberty - As stated in the Declaration of Independence, blessings are endowed upon men by their creator, not a privilege granted by government. These blessings include life, liberty, and property. Government cannot provide these, only secure them.

Many believe that the creation of the Constitution of the United States was inspired by the God of our forefathers. Although not perfect, the U.S. Constitution has lasted for over 200 years and has been the blue print for liberty in many nations around the globe.
= ============================================

Let's analyze them one by one using today's reality for comparison:

#1 -- Fail --next

#2 -- Hmmmmm... fail

#3 ---Hmmm. You know that immigration thing....fail

#4 -----Well....if it wasn't for that border thing---fail

#5--- Going to definitely fail on that one.......

# 6 --The concept is sound---but there is that farmer in Vermont...fail

Never mind................Goodbye

[edit on 21-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
There is one other thing about the state of Arizona that not many people realize, it has alot of natural resorces at its disposal, from copper, tin and the one metal that everyone tends to want, gold. And some of those metals are just on the surface of the ground, and people go out with metal detectors to just pick it up.

Maybe I will move back to Arizona.
Bound to be more jobs there than here.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes, I need a new and improved Republic to steer back onto the road of freedom. Less population to inform of the true tenets of freedom not the slavery that so many fall for.

Count me into the migration if it ever happens.

edit to add-okay people, those that misspelled secede and their firefox or whatever browser fixed it for you, it is spelled secede or seceded.

Look at my signature, pretty funny huh?

[edit on 5/21/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
NO ARIZONA SHOULD NOT SUCEED!!! OBAMA COULD HAVE EASILY ENFORCE THIS FED LAW AND NOT MADE THIS ISSUE EVER ARISE!! all the states and all the citizens that count are behind this law! it is really waking up this country and most the states, this country has been under the sway of states like new york and california too long and like i said before to some of my friends i think trends will come from the interior out to the coasts now instead of vice versa! im in florida and i know we need the same law, states laws are like dominos once one falls the others follow, then the feds are forced to take up the issue or be out of step with mainstream. think about seat belt laws, illegal in every state but not a federal law

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Sure, they will be immediately taken over by the Mexican drug cartels the second they do. So, it's fine, they should Secede from the Union.

That will learn em for passing a obviously racist law.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join