It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda threatens to attack Denmark and Netherlands teams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Al-Qaeda threatens to attack Denmark and Netherlands teams

www.prlog.org

Abdullah Saleh Azam al-Qahtani, a member of Al-Qaeda, was detained in Iraq for planning an attack on the Denmark and Netherlands teams during the 2010 World Cup, as a form of retaliation for the “insults” against the Prophet Mohammad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

In recent years, controversial TV episodes and cartoons depicting the Prophet, have originated riots and stirred threats of violence. Veiled threats against the creators of American series “South Park”, the assault on Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks who had his home set on fire, or Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard who had a man with a machete break into his home in a failed attempt at assassination.

The Dutch press is reporting that the threat is more serious than some believe. Apparently, Al Qaeda operatives in Botswana are planning to attack the Dutch and Danish squads as well as their supporters.

I am getting kinda fed up with these hypersensitive radicals. The constant death threats to people who dared to insult mohammed are becoming really pathetic.

www.prlog.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There was a thread about this earlier with the attacks aimed at US and English teams.

The quote for the Al-Queda blog said: "How beautiful would the game between England and the USA be when broadcast live from a stadium full of spectators - when the sound of an explosion rumbles through the stands. The resulting death toll is in the dozens and hundreds - Allah willing."

Glad i dont play soccer...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They need to get off their butts and invade a country! To protect their sports teams.

But seriously. Al Queda needs a big cup of stfu already.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Couldn't they target the italian team, i just hate the way they play , anti football always killing the game

sorry for the dark humor

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why don't the Al-Qaeda just form their own football (soccer) team and try to teach the rest of the world a lesson by fighting it out on the sports field in a civilised manner? Imagine if they got the final of the world cup.. we might get the vast majority of their suppoters in one place at one time and we could bomb them instead.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I hope nothing happens during the world cup,the attack on the togo bus during the african nations cup was a massive tragedy that i hope never happens again,part of me thinks they are just talking rubbish & won't do anything,the other part has me a little worried that they will at least try to cause some harm.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Attacking teams/fans at the World Cup is probably the worst thing they could do (for Muslims worldwide) honestly, Football fans don't exactly have the reputation of being cuddly..

I dread to think of the reaction globally from football fans of an attack on the world cup, be the teams/fans attacked Danish, Dutch, English or American..

The image of rampaging hoards actually does spring to mind in an awful literal sense.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rhynouk

SA is already packed with secret agents from all over the world . Some events at the WC will be a big disaster for everyone and because of that nothing will happen

There is only one possibility for something like this to go down as i see it , someone else , more powerful and with much more means of all kind , will be behind it covered up by a curtain that says : Al Qaeda

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
There was a thread about this earlier with the attacks aimed at US and English teams.

The quote for the Al-Queda blog said: "How beautiful would the game between England and the USA be when broadcast live from a stadium full of spectators - when the sound of an explosion rumbles through the stands. The resulting death toll is in the dozens and hundreds - Allah willing."

Glad i dont play soccer...

Not so beatiful when the people actually want a war and are willing to send their young to kill and mame in responce. Ooohh, what a nice way to get support back for this war!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just read this www.iol.co.za... , South african newspaper publishes cartoon of prophet Muhammad ...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I just don't get why Muslims haven't embraced the idea of boycotts.
They make up a pretty large sector of the world so it would seem to me that boycotting could be effective. Boycott the soccer games. Boycott Comedy Central. Boycot Holland and Denmark.

We as non-Muslims need to start boycotting everything and anything Muslim. Start speaking out against their intolerance and oppression. Make lots of cartoons! Yes, they are holding a loaded weapon, but we can cause them to shoot themselves in the foot!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I will be pissed. I've been waiting a long time for this and I'm seriously giddy waiting for the World Cup. I wish I could be there but unfortunately the economy is #. Anyway, they injure any of the great footballers (Bendtner, Robben, Sneijder) and they're done!

On a side note, stop looking in the hills for some Muslim with a gun people. Al Qaeda is fake. More like Al CIA-a. They're trying to scare us like always. Screw them, I'm over their mind games. Not that it ever worked to begin with but I can see that it still has it's effect on people.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I will be pissed. I've been waiting a long time for this and I'm seriously giddy waiting for the World Cup. I wish I could be there but unfortunately the economy is #. Anyway, they injure any of the great footballers (Bendtner, Robben, Sneijder) and they're done!

On a side note, stop looking in the hills for some Muslim with a gun people. Al Qaeda is fake. More like Al CIA-a. They're trying to scare us like always. Screw them, I'm over their mind games. Not that it ever worked to begin with but I can see that it still has it's effect on people.

Well whether AQ or Al CIAda it would be quite irelevent if some thing happens and the finger is pointed at Muslim extermists.. what would follow I am sure would not be pleasant..

Tho I really don't think anyone will poke this particular hornets nest..

My take is that it's more divisive MSM distraction.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
South Africa is the worst place to stage the world cup we all know that.
Australia I believe should be by emergency meeting of FIFA be given the rights to take over from SAF as host nation.
We have a tolerant society and the muslims here know if they ever do something like blow up our sports heroes they will never be forgiven.
The muslims know with continued migration into Australia within fifty years Australia will be close to a muslim majority nation.
The World Islamic bank gives millions to newly arrived muslims in Australia to buy homes therefore cementing the Islamic foothold in Australia, they would not jeopardise this smart plan, just to kil la few infidels for revenge for goings on in the Middle East and Afghanistan.
South Africa is a different kettle of fish , and I for one wish it were not the upcoming host....expatriate South Africans can tell you how they lived in continual fear before emigrating to Australia.
Australia has great infrastructure and the poor cousins AFL and Rugby would gladly interrupt their dire seasons to welcome thousands of Football Fans so the terrific stadias could be utilised on short notice.
Failing Australia England could admirably do the jobas their security is Orwellian multipied by seven stalins.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire

Failing Australia England could admirably do the jobas their security is Orwellian multipied by seven stalins.

I had (my arm was twisted) to respond to that last line as it had me falling about laughing... thanks
for the glowing recomendation

top topics

join