It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotish Students stunned by 25 UFO lights: (May 1, 2010 & sounds like a hotbed!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

MORE than two dozen UFO lights have been spotted over the skies of Inverness in one night.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef40916a87d4.jpg[/atsimg]

The sighting of 25 orange lights was made by a group of eight students who were holidaying in Foyers to celebrate completing their university courses. The women are adamant that these were not Chinese lanterns as the lights travelled across the skies in a straight line and were all equally spaced. At one point during their strange half-hour experience, two of the lights almost collided, but then quickly changed direction to avoid contact. The women got in touch with the Highland News after reading about similar reports we have revealed over the past few months. The sighting happened the night before an RAF servicemen reported seeing an orange fireball in the sky over Inverness.

Sharon Martin, one of the women in the group, told the HN: "I had gone to bed but then there was a huge commotion from the others and I came out to see what was going on. "It was between 11 and midnight on Saturday, May 1, and what we saw was about 25 bright lights going across the sky. They came out from behind some trees and went across the sky all equally spaced. "One of the girls initially said it must have been lanterns, but because of the way they were moving we are not so sure. It was so systematic."

Sharon, who has just completed a complimentary health course at Napier University in Edinburgh, added: "These lights went on for about half an hour. They just appeared one after the other until there were 25 of them all in a straight line."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5f0021e80cd.jpg[/atsimg]One of the photographs taken by the students shows some of the mysterious lights in the nightsky over Inverness.

Two weeks ago, the HN reported how RAF man Karl King had seen "an orange fireball" in the sky over the city on May 2, the day after the girls made their discovery. At the time Mr King told the HN: "As an RAF man I'm an aviation enthusiast. I know planes when I see them but I have never seen anything like this before. UFOs are not something I have really thought about but this was definitely unexplained and it was definitely not a Chinese lantern. "I couldn't put my finger on what it was, but it wasn't an aircraft."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/903fb11b2aa0.jpg[/atsimg]

These latest descriptions are similar to that reported by Culloden man Rob Jackson who in March told the HN he had seen a UFO four times over Nairn and Inverness. Mr Jackson said he saw an orange fireball as he travelled along the A96 approaching Nairn from the east. He described the UFO as being a spherical orange light the size of a tractor cab travelling at speed along the Moray Firth coast. He had similar sightings in Inverness on February 27 and again at Nairn links on March 6. Michael Mulford, an RAF spokesman, said: "At any time there could be a helicopter flight or training exercises going on. A spokeswoman for Inverness airport added: "On this night there were no aircraft in the area that we are aware of. Inverness Airport shut at 9.30pm."

Main story source: www.highland-news.co.uk...

I put that it appears to be a current hotbed when I found these other stories about UFO in that area in 2008 & 2009 AND all of them describing a Orange Disk (as seen in the photo above).

I would think though the police would be on the lookout a little more and more alert for sightings. Any ATSers from that area that can add any info? I did other searches but didn't find anything as these:

The Rob Jackson article: I saw UFO four times!: www.highland-news.co.uk...!.html

The British Air Officer (King) article: RAF man in new UFO mystery; www.highland-news.co.uk...

April 30, 09 article: More UFO shocks in Highlands; www.highland-news.co.uk...
April 20, 09: Widow's UFO shock; www.highland-news.co.uk...

And I found this Flicker pic from 11/8/08 (it wouldn't let me copy it) Shows two orbs above Inverness (allegedly-I think these are 2 street lights she took a shot of when she was downtown at night-see page 7 (i think) of her photos and you will see similar ones-IMO): www.flickr.com...://www.flickr.com/photos/elhoudifunko/3015772080/

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There is an ongoing discussion here.

Please add to that thread.
Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

join