It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pac-Man 30th anniversary: Google celebrates with free online Pac-Man game hidden in logo - go play!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Pac-Man 30th anniversary: Google celebrates with free online Pac-Man game hidden in logo - go play!

It's the Pac-Man 30th anniversary this weekend, and Google is celebrating as only Google can: with a free online game embedded in its homepage logo.

The ever-changing Google logos - called Google Doodles - which often celebrate holidays and notable birthdays, was updated Friday to look like a screen classic Pac-Man game.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I had noticed the Pac-Man Google banner earlier, but was Googling something just now and heard the familiar Pac-Man sound.

It's a playable Google banner!!

How cool is that? My skills are a bit rusty, but I'm still at it. I wonder what will happen if you reach a certain score or if there is anything hidden?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
i went google to search for something and i saw the new GOOGLE page. usually you can click on the picture and it redirect you to a link, but this time it was flash and the game started. i forgot what i was researching and played for 15mins

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That is so cool

remember that game so well - oh well there goes the weekend!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
While you are playing this flash game, Google would have recorded your IP, fished your computer's Hard Drive for any information they need, & planted a software that would report back to them with your internet activities.

....Just Kidding....or Am I?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

You bring up a very real worry of mine.

Who watches the watchers?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

nah, not kidding, just being a tad paraniod!

googles not that evil, they would just stand outside yer house to get all that info in plain sight! ... stealing info through a game is far to covert for them hehehe

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
While you are playing this flash game

It's actually entirely written in Java Script, which makes it even awesomer.

I'm sure this is a paid deal between Namco and Google. Coordinated effort to develop that baby in JS takes a week at least which from my educated guesstimate costs at very least 5k euros.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I started up my web browser on another pc and the whole Pac-Man game sounds would not go away no matter what site I was on. I hadn't even loaded google at the time I had to disable a certain add-on.

I guess the add-on somewhere had the google logo (even though it isn't apparent where) and the thing would never stop.

I understand the novelty of having the game for free play like that, but this unintended side effect sure was annoying.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Same thing happened to me. Opened up Firefox and the Pac-Man's sounds were playing. I didn't have a tab open with Google and couldn't locate the source. Switched to Google Chrome and it was Ok.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Same thing happened to me. Opened up Firefox and the Pac-Man's sounds were playing. I didn't have a tab open with Google and couldn't locate the source. Switched to Google Chrome and it was Ok.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah, this is awesome. And is also why google is taking the lead in the technology sector. Well, I guess they already are the next microsoft.

new topics

top topics

join