It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchipping Illegal Immigrants, What do you think?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Microchipping Illegal Immigrants, What do you think?

iowaindependent.com

“I think we should catch ’em, we should document ’em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going,” said Pat Bertroche, an Urbandale physician. “I actually support microchipping them. I can microchip my dog so I can find it. Why can’t I microchip an illegal?

“That’s not a popular thing to say, but it’s a lot cheaper than building a fence they can tunnel under,” Bertroche said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Rape suspect deported 4 times

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sure this might be a little bit over the top, but I was wondering what frequents thread-seekers say. We need a way to make sure immigrants arent coming BACK into the country after being deported

Inhumane or Necessary?

Ill post the link to a thread about a woman who was raped by an illegal who had found to been previously deported 4 times! Or a drunk illegal going 100mph on the wrong side of the road (who had been deported a WHOPPING 17 times), hit and killed a college student.

EDIT: PS i dont know how to change what category to post under so this isn't technically BREAKING NEWS but its what you got!

iowaindependent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Plan2exist18]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just a thought.

They could document illegals and chip them and decalre them world citizens or citizens of the North American Union.

Now you have become the illegal immigrant.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

wow...thats not off topic at all...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Plan2exist18

You don't see any reprocussions for doing something like this?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
No. All humans have there rights, and we should not infringe upon there rights because they crossed an imaginary line.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The microchip is not a locator, it just holds a number. You will never find your dog, Dr. Brtrochie you fricken idiot. Doctor's get degrees but are clueless about so many things. Does this idiot actually think any human would not remove somthing placed under his skin against his will?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Of course, there are repercussions for everything! If you wouldve read my first comment in response to the article, I wanted to speculate the idea presented, not to push its advancements. There are many things wrong with this idea but many things right, and we are currently seeing the repercussions of NOT doing anything..

so it goes both ways

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Ok pretty sure that line is NOT imaginary...if youd like me to refer you to a map i could...or maybe a story of the Alamo and why that goddamn line is there in the first place

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well thats my point basically.

It would be a violation of human rights to chip somebody against their will.

But if that person consents, it is not.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
At what point does an "illegal alien" receive our rights?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plan2exist18
At what point does an "illegal alien" receive our rights?

Well, human rights are innate. It's the civil rights that illegal aliens shouldn't be allowed.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

At which point they recieve a National ID, REAL ID, Chip or the equivelant.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
No. We do enough already by finger printing than and photographing them.
To fix illegal immigration, the companies that hire illegal immigration need to be punished so that there is no reason to come unless you do it legally.
Mexico needs to develop its country and gain the ability to feed its own citizens. Mexico went to cr&p when it was cheaper to buy corn from the US than it was to grow their own. You can thank IMF and NAFTA programs for that, not to mention US gov. subsidiaries for corn farmers.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I agree with Iamonlyhuman, that human rights are innate, but civil rights are not acquired due to location. Just because your here does not mean your welcome.

Imagine someone breaks into your house and demands to stay. After a while he brings his family and friends as well, and starts to steal food from your pantry, money from your collections, and possibly even use your house as a stop on a drug smuggle route. However, they promise to clean your house daily, make your bed and meet your accomodations that you would rather not do. Now when someone tries to tell them that they can no longer stay in YOUR house, they begin to protest in YOUR house that they have the right to stay in YOUR house. And whenever you try to kick them out of your house, they come back into your house with a new name and begin it over again!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

People don't just become criminals out of want, often times they do out of neccesity.

The Federal Government has ignored this problem.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Just a thought.

They could document illegals and chip them and decalre them world citizens or citizens of the North American Union.

Now you have become the illegal immigrant.

Yup then you will need a chip next LMAO to become legal, valid point. The irony behind that, get the populace to agree on chipping illegal immigrants then pull a switch up on all those who okd it like its your turn now..

[edit on 5/21/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm all for them being electronically tagged if they are to remain in the US on a probational status.

I would prefer the tag to be inside of a cell phone or smart card.

The only ones who should get "chipped" would be ones who violated a three strikes deportation rule. After they have been deported three times, if they are caught again, they are sent to a penal camp to do forced labor and they get chipped. The really bad ones get to play provincial reconstruction worker in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

3 times is too many, Do you let a child misbehave three time before you punish him? Or do you put his ass in a timeout to make sure he doesnt do it again? If you let them do it 3 times, then eventually it will be 4, and the article i referenced shows what happens on the 4th time!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well it could be more along the lines of the regular three strikes laws, as in DUIs, sex offenses, etc. Meaning they get two chances, the third time is the act that seals their fate.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join