It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you feel the Doom?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
We are faced with some grim realities here, in 2010, on Earth. Things are completely off the chain. It seems as though society is coming unglued. It seems as though time is accelerating, and the potential problems we face are becoming increasingly worrisome.

-The MSM is really stirring the pot with all the racial garbage.

-We have a massively horrendous oil spill threatening global sea life if they don't fix it soon: globalwarming.house.gov...

-There is a real decent volcano erupting in Iceland: eldgos.mila.is...

-Katla is Eyeballsocketjelloskull's evil next door neighbor: en.wikipedia.org...

Katla has been showing signs of unrest since 1999 and geologists have concerns that it might erupt in the near future.[9] Particularly, monitoring has been intensified following the March 2010 eruptions of a smaller neighbouring volcano - Guðnasteinn - beneath the Eyjafjallajökull glacier.[10] The eruption of this nearby long-dormant volcano in March and April 2010 prompted fears among some geophysicists that it might trigger an eruption at the larger and more dangerous Katla.[11][12][13] In the past 1,000 years, all three known eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull have triggered subsequent Katla eruptions.[14] Following the 2010 eruptions, on 20 April 2010 Icelandic President Ólafur Grímsson said "the time for Katla to erupt is coming close ... we [Iceland] have prepared ... it is high time for European governments and airline authorities all over the world to start planning for the eventual Katla eruption"[15].

So that is some pretty serious business. In 1815, the Katla eruption caused summer to take a vacation for 1 year.

-It has become obvious to the casual observer that the struggle between state's rights and the globalist cabal is really heating up. It seems like they want to start a race war. I hope the people can refrain from killing each other over this.

-In other Doom related news, the stock market is fake. In case you didn't know. Anyhow, the fake stock market is on sell mode so watch out. Your money is fake too by the way. So if you have money in the bank, and then the power goes out, you now have what is in your house. Just like everyone else.

-Kinda seems like there is a pretty decent amount of Financial Doom going on in Europe these days, and even some civil disobedience. There have been some serious problems in Eastern Europe with angry mobs of people overthrowing governments, especially in the "stans" zone.

-North Korea torpedoed a South Korean ship. We did nothing in response. Hmmmm. If you are a South Korean, you better stock up on machine guns and hand grenades. My guess is you are about to get invaded.

-Food shortage rumors

-Martial law rumors.

-Lots of Solar activity.

-Some big EQ activity lately.

-Volcanos, bad weather.

-Insane Government.

-Increasing tyranny by the second.

-Criminal taxation.

-UN gun confiscation rumors.

What do you all think is the most pressing issue of the day?

Are you all concerned?

Is this life as usual, or am I right in thinking we might be in some serious trouble?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by downtown436]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Not really.
In fact, i have less fear today then ever.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
Not really.

Good.

I hope there are a lot of people like you. There is really nothing to be afraid of. I just find it all very interesting.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodFella

Not really.

I'd feel better too If I was smoking what you're smoking.

But yeah, society is sick- not the people generally but the way we live is sick.

The Earthly powers-that-be have really ruined things and if people can't see it they are asleep.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Can you feel the Doom?

Who else heard this in Kristle Edwards' voice?

"Can you feel, the doom...tonight..."

In other Doom related news

Why are you capitalizing Doom? You don't mean Victor do you?

For me? Today? What I'll have for breakfast. You might consider worrying about things like that too. It might be more productive for you.

Are you all concerned?

No?

Think of it this way: What's the absolute worst possible case scenario? All of your concerns and worries and rumors turn out to be correct. And in the midst of martial law and food shortages and volcanoes and tigers and bears, oh my...a massive solar flare erupts and the entire earth is reduced to a smoldering pile of ash. And at right that moment, a alien spaceship here to save the earth (they came late) materializes from hyperspace inside that smoldering ash, creating a nuclear chain-reaction that due to the unique nature of their drive system causes the entire universe to impode in fiery ball of misery, angst and bad puns.

The end.

But if all that happens...all your problems are over, right?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With the internet the world has gotten alot smaller. You can now see what is going on worldwide with just one click of the mouse. If you choose to see darkness and doom that is what you will see, if you choose to see beauty and positivity that is what you will see. It is easier to focus on the negative because that is what the media chooses to promote. Fear sells, period. Don't fall for it. Do your research and you will see that there is still alot of good out in the world. You make the world you want and your perception will become your reality.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I am SICK of racial garbage, as you call it.
I don't want to hear it anymore. It is nothing but a tool of propaganda.

When a real racial issue emerges, if you look a bit more deeply, it tends to be related to social inequity, the economy, the drug war, or police brutality in general.

I can feel the doom though. I can absolutely feel it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yeah...there is a big, calm, silence. I keep thinking I should learn 'Gimme Shelter', except learning other people's music seems suboptimal. It's like trying to talk like someone on TV. I swear they changed the accepted pronunciation of words like 'on', 'hockey' etc., to make it sound more L.A., less Midwestern. Preparing for something, I'd say.

Like Orwell said: then something happened to the telescreen, or rather, to the tone of the telescreen...

I think what we're hearing is a big non-apology from the media after having branded globalwarminghoax™ followers, truthers, birthers, Constitutionalists etc.. traitors and worse. They said we should line up those who doubt globalwarming at the dock as though it were 'Nuremberg'.

The real message is war, another big fat one. Thus the media are reshuffling the deck as they burn their obama doll as the scapegoat for their initiatives, and scheme to bail out israel yet again. After a few decades one gets the rhythm of deceit down pat. Oil gash...what oil gash?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by davidmann]

[edit on 21-5-2010 by davidmann]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm not really afraid. I don't think the world is ending and if i is what am I gonna d about it?

-Kyo

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
We are faced with some grim realities here, in 2010, on Earth. Things are completely off the chain. It seems as though society is coming unglued. It seems as though time is accelerating, and the potential problems we face are becoming increasingly worrisome.

-The MSM is really stirring the pot with all the racial garbage.

-We have a massively horrendous oil spill threatening global sea life if they don't fix it soon: globalwarming.house.gov...

-There is a real decent volcano erupting in Iceland: eldgos.mila.is...

-Katla is Eyeballsocketjelloskull's evil next door neighbor: en.wikipedia.org...

Katla has been showing signs of unrest since 1999 and geologists have concerns that it might erupt in the near future.[9] Particularly, monitoring has been intensified following the March 2010 eruptions of a smaller neighbouring volcano - Guðnasteinn - beneath the Eyjafjallajökull glacier.[10] The eruption of this nearby long-dormant volcano in March and April 2010 prompted fears among some geophysicists that it might trigger an eruption at the larger and more dangerous Katla.[11][12][13] In the past 1,000 years, all three known eruptions of Eyjafjallajökull have triggered subsequent Katla eruptions.[14] Following the 2010 eruptions, on 20 April 2010 Icelandic President Ólafur Grímsson said "the time for Katla to erupt is coming close ... we [Iceland] have prepared ... it is high time for European governments and airline authorities all over the world to start planning for the eventual Katla eruption"[15].

So that is some pretty serious business. In 1815, the Katla eruption caused summer to take a vacation for 1 year.

-It has become obvious to the casual observer that the struggle between state's rights and the globalist cabal is really heating up. It seems like they want to start a race war. I hope the people can refrain from killing each other over this.

-In other Doom related news, the stock market is fake. In case you didn't know. Anyhow, the fake stock market is on sell mode so watch out. Your money is fake too by the way. So if you have money in the bank, and then the power goes out, you now have what is in your house. Just like everyone else.

-Kinda seems like there is a pretty decent amount of Financial Doom going on in Europe these days, and even some civil disobedience. There have been some serious problems in Eastern Europe with angry mobs of people overthrowing governments, especially in the "stans" zone.

-North Korea torpedoed a South Korean ship. We did nothing in response. Hmmmm. If you are a South Korean, you better stock up on machine guns and hand grenades. My guess is you are about to get invaded.

-Food shortage rumors

-Martial law rumors.

-Lots of Solar activity.

-Some big EQ activity lately.

-Volcanos, bad weather.

-Insane Government.

-Increasing tyranny by the second.

-Criminal taxation.

-UN gun confiscation rumors.

Are you all concerned?

Is this life as usual, or am I right in thinking we might be in some serious trouble?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by downtown436]

You only think that way because you're living it. There were massive problems 50 years ago. And 50 years before that. And 50 years before that. And a hundred years before that. And 200 years before that.

There has never been a time in human history where there wasn't events occuring that weren't worrying. Atleast there aren't armies of bloodhungry crusaders conquering your neighbouring countries to widen their already enormous empire.

Think.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Are you all concerned?

Funny that I was just cataloguing my stash of survival food - that is one of the pressing issues for me today - survival. Yes, I am concerned and I do feel the doom. With all the terrible events unfolding in the world I don't think it's unfounded or extremist to think that the luxury of first-world living could come crashing down all around us. People can be flippant about it all they want. I'd rather be prepared. I've noticed that most people take the easy route and cast aside these fears by saying that anything could happen so why should they worry. I've seen very bad things happen in my own life and I do worry, not obsessively, but I worry.

Happier though, I also feel that after the doom is over, lots of good things will follow.

But back to my survival stash; I have starved before and I can assure everyone that it is a very unpleasant business. Stocking up on several austere months worth of food is just good planning. Knowing that I've provided for the basic necessities of my life (and the dogs) for at least a little while makes the doom a little less gloomy.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Can you feel the Doom?

Yes, we are part of the 20% who are aware. In 2 months time, this will increase to around 50% and by the end of the year it will be everyone aware of their likely fate.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodFella
Not really.

The more aware you are, the less fearful you become. But also the more resiliant you become.

We may die, but we won't go down without a fight.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here's the thing about NOW. It's the END. And it's the BEGINNING.

Try not to think of it as doom. It is a natural process of evolution of a species. We are learning how NOT to act. So when our new beginning comes, we will know how to act better.

Don't focus on the bad stuff. I know it exists, but focusing on it and being afraid or angry helps nothing or no one.

We just have to ride it out and think of the ways we will rebuild the systems in the coming years.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Out of curiosity, who are you going to fight? This is the mindset today, everyone gearing up for a big fight. Who exactly is this masked boogyman? Because alot of people are waiting on him to take away rights, etc.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Think of it this way: What's the absolute worst possible case scenario? All of your concerns and worries and rumors turn out to be correct. And in the midst of martial law and food shortages and volcanoes and tiger and bears, oh my...a massive solar flare erupts and the entire earth is reduced to a smoldering pile of ash. And at right that moment, a alien spaceship here to save the earth (they came late) materializes from hyperspace inside that smoldering ash, creating a nuclear chain-reaction that due to the unique nature of their drive system causes the entire universe to impode in fiery ball of misery, angst and bad puns.

The end.

But if all that happens...all your problems are over, right?

Exactly. When the doom strikes, no more 9-5. Hahahaha.

I am an over all very happy person. For some reason I am drawn to doom on the internet like a mosquito towards a bug light.

Anyway, it is a good day to be a doomologist.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909
With the internet the world has gotten alot smaller. You can now see what is going on worldwide with just one click of the mouse. If you choose to see darkness and doom that is what you will see, if you choose to see beauty and positivity that is what you will see. It is easier to focus on the negative because that is what the media chooses to promote. Fear sells, period. Don't fall for it. Do your research and you will see that there is still alot of good out in the world. You make the world you want and your perception will become your reality.

You are right. With all the media at our disposal, we are privy to an insane cascade of info on a daily basis. This makes the reports of doom much more visible. Maybe it is just a side effect of information overload, and nothing more.

Maybe it is always like this, the only difference is that we actually know about it all now.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
I am SICK of racial garbage, as you call it.
I don't want to hear it anymore. It is nothing but a tool of propaganda.

When a real racial issue emerges, if you look a bit more deeply, it tends to be related to social inequity, the economy, the drug war, or police brutality in general.

I can feel the doom though. I can absolutely feel it.

Yeah, I got rid of my tv because it made me mad to have it in my living room. I have a much happier outlook without it. Cable news is pure 100% divisiveness.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra5000

My entire life I have had this desire to stock up on survival supplies. For some reason I have always felt like something crazy was about to happen.

I know I am going to survive. I am prepared, and have the will to survive anything.

However, part of being prepared to survive is not fearing death.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join