It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.I. Hit-And-Run Hero, Victim's Father Meet

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by prionace glauca

What aspect of the story bothers you most? From where I'm sitting, it seems your argument is with illegal immigration and your using the incident as a strawman. With three teenagers in hospital, your OP seems a bit exploitative?

Does your thread history show concerns for road safety?

I'm with you Kandinsky....unless the OP becomes the "official" keeper of hit and run records for ATS (both illegal and legal citizens). Otherwise, this thread was simply posted as a strawman argument against illegals.

OP, what about the threads on legal citizens who commit hit & run? I work in auto liability investigation and I can tell you, there are many more legal citizens that are guilty of this.

Anyone want to start a thread on good samaritan illegal aliens?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Although I think that this dude deserves punishment for what he did, calling someone an illegal alien right off the bat feels to me like the news report is trying to push some sort of agenda.

The news report is from Central Barack Channel, and it was confirmed he was a Illegal after the Law Enforcement weren't able to verify his status.

I know that, but look at how many emotional reactions this evoked. I am in no way defending this guy at all, but it's evident that an article like this is designed to further create hatred toward illegals. Not that being an illegal is a good thing at all.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If there was a thread about legal citizen and legal driver hitting a group of illegal aliens and trying to flee, there would be not one post in the guy's defense. The liberals would be calling for his head on a platter.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by primus2012]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

I'm with you Kandinsky....unless the OP becomes the "official" keeper of hit and run records for ATS (both illegal and legal citizens). Otherwise, this thread was simply posted as a strawman argument against illegals.

OP, what about the threads on legal citizens who commit hit & run? I work in auto liability investigation and I can tell you, there are many more legal citizens that are guilty of this.

Please you enlighten was with you caveman skills, I mean GEICO skills, or w/e auto liability investigation you get involved in.

This is to shed light on issues that many sympathizers like to ignore and jump on rooftops shouting Racism, Fascism, Nazi...etc.

A strawman really? So anytime someone would point out what these criminals get away with is going to labeled a boogeyman hunter or oh look another strawman. Give it a break.

Get off you high horse and stand up against the criminals. There is another thread about a Illegal who was deported 4 times and he was caught raping a woman. WTH, 4 times deported and still in the US.

All you sympathizers need to get your priorities straightened, or apply for a new moral compass.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I doubt that very much. But hey, dem gurrdamn liberals r messin up da wurld wif their sociamalism and commuminism.

Edit: To primus

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I knew I saw you post somewhere else in opposition to what you are posting now...

Illegals intentionally cause accidents

I worked in auto liability insurance for 5 years. Let me tell you, there is a lot of truth to this. Now, I don't like the generalization, as US citizens defraud the insurance industry via the same method.

Well, we conducted background searches on people. There is a nationwide system called FACTS, that all insurance companies report to, that keeps track of every reported auto accident. It's a tool used to identify potential fraud by repeat offenders.

We sent a lot of suspicious claims to our internal investigation unit, and in many cases, they (the illegals) hired attorney's and openly admitted their illegal status.

The insurance industry keeps statistics on auto accidents and this is a category that is kept track of.

EDIT: just because someone is an illegal, that does not exempt them from recovery on tort cases. Many come across the border, intentionally stage accidents, get their payday and then go back home...only to come back and do it again.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

They are staging accidents and collecting on OTHER PEOPLES liability insurance. Plus, if they are driving an insured vehicle belonging to legal citizen, then they can collect on that person's policy under PIP (Personal Injury Protection) coverage.

So Auto Liability Investigation dude, Which side would you choosing next to play for. Or does it Depend(s) on that time of the month.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Your disregard for the children hurt just shows how much out of touch to reality of the situation you are.

No. Your OP is focused on the illegals and not on the girls in hospital...hence my suggestion that the OP is 'exploitative.' You're using the 'think of the children' argument for your own reasons. Not cool.

@ Aggie Man. Agreed. It'd be thread death to post a story of a good Samaritan illegal. Too many people keep painting pictures in black and white instead of the colorful mess it really is.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ok so the OP found an argument as to why illegal immigration is bad, and you guys are upset? It's not ok to say that if we had secure borders and a handle on illegal immigration, and if this guy was never able to enter this country illegally, that those poor girls would never have been run down?
It's not ok to use damning evidence to support a case?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

A strawman really? So anytime someone would point out what these criminals get away with is going to labeled a boogeyman hunter or oh look another strawman. Give it a break.

Get off you high horse and stand up against the criminals. There is another thread about a Illegal who was deported 4 times and he was caught raping a woman. WTH, 4 times deported and still in the US.

Nice work. You could have just been honest and posted a thread about illegal immigrants instead of using the teenage girls to prove a point.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

No. Your OP is focused on the illegals and not on the girls in hospital...hence my suggestion that the OP is 'exploitative.' You're using the 'think of the children' argument for your own reasons. Not cool.

@ Aggie Man. Agreed. It'd be thread death to post a story of a good Samaritan illegal. Too many people keep painting pictures in black and white instead of the colorful mess it really is.

Of course the Illegal situation in this story has nothing to with what those girls endured and are enduring in the hospital. But the Illegal issue should be avoided as much as possible because there is too much attention on it, these are the cases why there needs to be more attention on it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

"what about the threads on legal citizens who commit hit & run? I work in auto liability investigation and I can tell you, there are many more legal citizens that are guilty of this." close quote

I have a stupid question, How do you know who committed the Hit and Run,, well if it is a Hit and Run?
Legal or Illegal, did your insurance company catch these criminals?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm not "playing a side" here. I am merely stating that you are using a straw man argument.

Legal citizens commit the same crime, it is not unique to illegals.

So you are using a crime that is committed by both legal and illegal citizens as a basis for furthering an agenda that is clearly anti-illegal immigrant in nature.

You really should stick to things like illegals wasting tax payer resources and taking jobs from legal citizens. That is where the strongest argument is to be made. Presenting this makes the argument seem weak and desperate.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Just shining a light on your flip floping behavior attest to your pandering on this issue. As far what I am pointing out with the OP is why we need to do what Arizona continues to do. I am in my bounds of the OP, as far as the derailment tactics, they show for themselves.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

People envision hit & run as something that the responsible party gets away with, with the identity never being discovered. The reality is that most guilty of hit & run are later identified due to witnesses, and sometimes, good old investigative footwork.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Nice work. You could have just been honest and posted a thread about illegal immigrants instead of using the teenage girls to prove a point.

Your from Where Exactly? Your another Open Boarders and Sanctuary City, Liberal, Progressive. Right?
I mean what do I have to on except your posts?
You don't have the manhood or womanhood to state your country of origin and or if your living in a boarder city.

But you have the Gaul to post that we have not made mention of the plight these 4 young girls are in. Of the Horror they must have felt being slammed by the driver of this car and then this SCUM BAG Illegal or not, pulling them from his vehicle so he can flee.
Your heart is either bleeding for these 4 young ladies or You have every intention of derailing these thread to meant your own agenda.
So, Please explain to us all here, Which is it?

Edited to add, Derailing Thread For Own Agenda.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Just shining a light on your flip floping behavior attest to your pandering on this issue. As far what I am pointing out with the OP is why we need to do what Arizona continues to do. I am in my bounds of the OP, as far as the derailment tactics, they show for themselves.

Flip flop? how so?

I still stand behind my assertion in the thread you referenced that illegals immigrants are disproportionately involved in more auto insurance scams...and hit and runs too.

However, unless you are suggesting that we deport ALL drivers guilty of hit & run, then this entire thread is an invalid argument against illegal immigration.

Come on now, you can come up with better arguments, I've seen them. All I'm saying is stick to tactics that are not inflammatory...tax payer resources...jobs...etc. Those are undeniable arguments. This thread is painting a picture that all illegal immigrants are guilty of hit & run, and if they haven't then it's just a matter of time until they do. It doesn't stand on a solid foundation.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

This thread is painting a picture that all illegal immigrants are guilty of hit & run, and if they haven't then it's just a matter of time until they do. It doesn't stand on a solid foundation.

So an employee in a agency that penalizes liabilities against reckless drivers..From your argument I can affirm that you prefer Illegals should be allowed to drive? or assume they already are, as you would surely have these numbers in front of you.

Is there a code of ethics where you are employed? or do they even care besides for the dolla dolla bills that keep ringing. The more Illegals driving on the road causing accidents, more dolla dolla bills...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This thread is painting a picture that all illegal immigrants are guilty of hit & run, and if they haven't then it's just a matter of time until they do. It doesn't stand on a solid foundation.

So an employee in a agency that penalizes liabilities against reckless drivers..From your argument I can affirm that you prefer Illegals should be allowed to drive?

Is there a code of ethics where you are employed? or do they even care besides for the dolla dolla bills that keep ringing. The more Illegals driving on the road causing accidents, more dolla dolla bills...

Being an illegal alien does not inherently make one a bad driver.

Dolla, dolla, dolla? you do realize that the more accidents our insureds are involved in, the more money we pay. It would be in the insurance best interest to have fewer accidents.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Being an illegal alien does not inherently make one a bad driver.

Dolla, dolla, dolla? you do realize that the more accidents our insureds are involved in, the more money we pay. It would be in the insurance best interest to have fewer accidents.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

Are you a freshman in the insurance industry? Do you not understand the scams behind why Insurance was created?

If a policy holder files and receives a claim, the insurance company gets to raise premiums on its policy holder filing such claims. HELLO, Insurance 101.

And when you say Illegal Alien does not inherently make one a bad driver, you have proved what me and others have painted you as already. Someone who likes to see laws broken when they are in an industry that penalizes for people driving without insurance.

Bravo, Bravo,

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Aggie Man "I work in auto liability investigation"

I would like to applaud you for being a real accident investigator then.

Because the one's I know of and show working all of 15 minute, where from every insurance agency to independent contractors to the Accident Research Team for Attorneys.
While I work at a retirement job for a nation wide Auto Action Dealership.
The only vehicles taken in at this 153 acre site was, accident vehicles either from fender bender, hit and run, stolen and major fatalities.

Every day, Out runs the investigators, Camera and clip boards in hand.
Take pictures, check the vin #s and down load the black box info if the vehicle is has one and they run out.
WOW,,,, big investigation going on there and I can tell you, This is the first time anyone has investigated these vehicles, The blood and fleshy matter is still wet and sticky to the touch.

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THE 4 YOUNG GIRLS. This assho$e should be run rover 4 times and then shot in public.

Edit to clean up language, Bleeding Heart Libs, Pi$$ me off to no end!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join