It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.I. Hit-And-Run Hero, Victim's Father Meet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

L.I. Hit-And-Run Hero, Victim's Father Meet

wcbstv.com

Illegal Alien Arrested After Striking 4 Teenagers And Flinging 2 Of Them Off His Hood Before Then Taking Off.

Four Teenage girls were recovering Thursday night, with three still in the hospital after that horrifying end to an afternoon shopping trip on Long Island.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

CBS 2 HD was there when one of the girl's family members finally met the man who witnessed the brutal hit and run -- and jumped into action.

The hero and the grateful father met with an instant embrace.

"Wow. God, thank you," Anthony Centamore said.

Centamore's daughter Stephanie was one of four teen-aged victims of a hit-and-run driver who was chased down and captured by Steve Loverde on Wednesday night.
Seared in his memory are the screams, the shattered windshield, the blood and the fleeing motorist.

"He hit two of them, were on the ground and then keep coming across the intersection with two of more girls on the hood of the car and they were just screaming. The school books are still clutched in their hands and papers were flying all over the place," Loverde said.

This story was sent to me by another member "guohua". I want to thank him for bringing this news into light.

Thank god for a valiant citizen who was also at the scene and stepped in to chase the driver down and apprehend him.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thank You for the HELP in getting this article posted.

Illegal, Means What to all of you?
Does this Illegal have Insurance to pay the medical cosy of these CHILDREN,,? SCHOOL CHILDREN.

Why do you OPEN BOARDER and SANTUARY CITY FREAKS allow this to happen?
I blame you, Yes, I do. I think you all should be taxed to pay for the medical and to house this ILLEGAL P O S in prison for LIFE!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Um, they better deport the driver after a suitable punishment or they may find the guy dead. I know if I was the father of one of those girls, I would be the one needing a lawyer for murder.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua
How about ending the drug war and the illegality of drugs so the Mexicans don't need to dodge bullets from the drug wars there where drug gangs compete for the right to sell drugs to drug-addled Americans?

Oh I forget... Divide and Conquer!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by guohua
How about ending the drug war and the illegality of drugs so the Mexicans don't need to dodge bullets from the drug wars there where drug gangs compete for the right to sell drugs to drug-addled Americans?

And don't forget blindly ignoring the fact that corporations and companies fight for the ability to hire illegals. The illegals are inhuman monsters, but the CEO's and owners who hire illegals are just practicing capitalists

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Is "alien" the right word to use ? They are humans, can't you call them immigrants ?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Quit trying to deflect the issue. You are defending Illegals over a drug war. These Illegals need to grow a pair and fight their own wars. Instead these cowards are sneaking over the border and starting wars over here. If all these Mexican gangs go back to their native lands maybe they can actually make their ancestors proud by reclaiming Mexico for the people...oh wait there is no honor among thieves. Such a shame, a group of people who claim to hold onto their heritage, but when their country needs them the most...they run away.

Where is Zoro when you need him?

For other people looking to deflecting the criminality of Illegals by stating talking points of drug wars, you are not wining over any hearts.

Its such a sad incident and a tragic one at that, good for that hero pedestrian to be nearby to apprehend this criminal.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by guohua

I don't really understand your point of few here, other than you think legalizing drugs will be the answer to illegals. Am I right?

How about we treat the DIRT BAGS selling drugs the same way they do in CHINA. Quick trial, no appeals, bullet in back of head, All done the same day. I like it, of course I don't use drugs and have not since long before you were hatch, dropped, sorry born.

I've read your post before about how we need to legalize drugs.
Continue to live in your drugged induced reality, but please leave the law making and voting to clearer thinking adults.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Although I think that this dude deserves punishment for what he did, calling someone an illegal alien right off the bat feels to me like the news report is trying to push some sort of agenda.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

What aspect of the story bothers you most? From where I'm sitting, it seems your argument is with illegal immigration and your using the incident as a strawman. With three teenagers in hospital, your OP seems a bit exploitative?

Does your thread history show concerns for road safety?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Although I think that this dude deserves punishment for what he did, calling someone an illegal alien right off the bat feels to me like the news report is trying to push some sort of agenda.

The news report is from Central Barack Channel, and it was confirmed he was a Illegal after the Law Enforcement weren't able to verify his status.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Isn't it great we live in a country where a man can sneak in to reap our benefits, then commit a sick crime of hit and run against 4 young girls and flee the scene...and the biggest controversy will be whether or not to deport him..

*FACEPALM*

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here's what happens when you cause distress to a guy's daughter in that part of the country....

Warning Graphic.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
Is "alien" the right word to use ? They are humans, can't you call them immigrants ?

He was Illegal and had no intentions of stopping and assisting the injured or taking responsibility for his actions. What part of I Don't Give A FU@# about you don't you understand? NO DRIVERS LICENCE and NO INSURANCE!

They are Illegal and that is that, They broke our law and continue to break our LAWS.

An immigrant as a passport and visa for one reason our the other, and that reason is stated on the visa or passport.
ILLEGAL has NOTHING!

Just the one thought in mind, To Take Your Money, To Send That Money Back To Mexico and Not In Any Way Shape Or Form Learn Our Language or Our Culture. But we are suppose to learn theirs and they get upset when we don't!

No Licence, No Insurance, Equals No Respect for you or our Family!
edited: To sound more human

[edit on 21-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This reminds me of a friend of mine who had a completely original extremely rare 60's muscle car that he just restored to PERFECTION and was taking it for its first ride. This first ride was also his FINAL ride in this car as it ended with an ILLEGAL smashing into his car at a high rate of speed rendering the car TOTALED. A ONE-OF-A-KIND, rare and beautiful, IRREPLACEABLE classic muscle car gone FOREVER , thanks to someone who DOESN'T BELONG HERE, and certainly SHOULDN'T have been driving.

THE ILLEGALS ALL NEED TO BE SENT BACK ASAP!!! GET OUT OF HERE, YOU CAUSING NOTHING BUT TROUBLE!!!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by prionace glauca

What aspect of the story bothers you most? From where I'm sitting, it seems your argument is with illegal immigration and your using the incident as a strawman. With three teenagers in hospital, your OP seems a bit exploitative?

Does your thread history show concerns for road safety?

So an article headline with that states Illegal who commits a hit and run to avoid getting caught & deported is exploitative?

Your disregard for the children hurt just shows how much out of touch to reality of the situation you are.

There is a problem with Illegals driving and a bigger problem when they commit hit & run accidents. Luckily this one was apprehended.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The sickest part of this is that you liberals are defending this guy because he is being called an alien....

Instead, you should be lining up at the whipping post to beat the tar out of him because while illegally driving, illegally being in this country, he hits a group of young girls and tries to flee.

SHAME ON YOU!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel

a·li·en (l-n, lyn) adj. 1. Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents. 2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange. See Synonyms at foreign. 3. Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament. n. 1. An unnaturalized foreign resident of a country. Also called noncitizen. 2. A person from another and very different family, people, or place. 3. A person who is not included in a group; an outsider.

Nope, alien fits so alien it is. The PC crowd has even squashed the term "senior citizen". It's now "senior person". This is not to offend illegal alien seniors. Nice, isn't it?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

The Cartels have turned into warlords ruling their own feudal narcostates. We could make crack legal and it wouldn't change anything. This is about power not wealth.

The only way the Cartels are going to be eliminated is when we drop JDAMs on their villas and spray fungi all over their crops.

[edit on 21/5/10 by MikeboydUS]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join