It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Useful Info on Clearances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Might be the wrong thread but I just though this was pretty interesting:

Acronyms such as ATOMAL, CNWDI, COMSEC, COSMIC, CRYPTO, NOFORN, ORCON, SAP, SCI, SIOP-ESI, SPECAT, SIOP-ESI, etc., are not clearances. They are categories of classified information, some of which have extra need-to-know restrictions or require special access authorizations. For example, COSMIC stands for “Control of Secret Material in an International Command.” COSMIC Top Secret is the term used for NATO Top Secret Information. There are many such markings stamped or printed on classified material, but most are only acronyms denoting special administrative handling procedures.

It's on page 4 of:

Security Clearance PDF

Wasn't sure if this had been posted, but thought it was pretty interesting as far as people saying they had a COSMIC Top Secret clearance.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Ops

It has, but the topic should be reintroduced from time to time IMO.

More info than one would think can be found in the standards and requirements alone for these classifications.

COSMIC...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by Black Ops

More info than one would think can be found in the standards and requirements alone for these classifications.

I was thinking the same thing. I find out more things on unclassified websites then when I work on base.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ATS Search: Security Clearances.

Also, does not pertain to Aliens and UFOs.

Thread closed.

top topics

join