It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody Draw Mohammed Day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the link, quality.

Omniburkafication. Pmsl!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What is so ridiculous to me is that, when those Danish cartoons first were printed, Muslims protested and ended up killing some other Muslims. Just because their demonstration got out of hand and people ended up in a killing frenzy. And, even though that is ridiculous behavior, I won't add fuel to the fire by drawing and posting a cartoon about Big Mo, and maybe an innocent bystander won't be killed by some idiots.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

you said:
"I'm not religious and I feel all religions should be able to be mocked equally."

Main Entry: 1mock
Pronunciation: \ˈmäk, ˈmȯk\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from moker
Date: 15th century
transitive verb
1 : to treat with contempt or ridicule : deride
2 : to disappoint the hopes of
3 : defy, challenge
4 a : to imitate (as a mannerism) closely : mimic b : to mimic in sport or derision
intransitive verb
: jeer, scoff

i would hope that you meant criticize

Main Entry: crit·i·cize
Pronunciation: \ˈkri-tə-ˌsīz\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): crit·i·cized; crit·i·ciz·ing
Date: 1643
intransitive verb
: to act as a critic
transitive verb
1 : to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly : evaluate
2 : to find fault with : point out the faults of

choose your words carefully, unless you want your ignorance to show

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

I like 'mockery'...it makes me laugh....something that seems missing in the overtly religous, the ability to laugh.....especially at oneself and this world we live in.

www.metrolyrics.com...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP

i would hope that you meant criticize

choose your words carefully, unless you want your ignorance to show

No... I meant mock... I don't need to be educated with links to dictionaries as to what Mock and Criticise mean, thank you very much.

It's not ignorance... Ignorance would be that I'm unaware or uneducated on the subject, or have a lack of knowledge... that's not the case... I just have contempt for and do not really like it.
So mocking is fine by me.

I would say taking the piss, instead of mocking, that's what we here would say anyway

I don't mean in it a nasty way really... just a "wow, people believe in fairy tales and kill each other because of it" way.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Here in America we have freedom because of the people who have fought and died provided it to us. The Islamic countries don’t have the freedoms we do because they follow like sheep. They are stuck in the middle ages and have no desire to free themselves. I feel sorry for them. If they try to infringe on the freedom that i earned in the Marines then i will meet them on the battlefield.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Darkice19]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Darkice19]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
O you who believe|| believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Book which He has revealed to His Messenger and the Book which He revealed before; and whoever disbelieves in Allah and His angels and His Messengers and the last day, he indeed strays off into a remote error; [Quran : An-Nisa : 136]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abuaisha

O you who believe|| believe in Allah and His Messenger and the Book which He has revealed to His Messenger and the Book which He revealed before; and whoever disbelieves in Allah and His angels and His Messengers and the last day, he indeed strays off into a remote error; [Quran : An-Nisa : 136]

Looks like you are stuck in the dark ages also. This is about Religion trampling on freedom. Feel free to believe in whatever god you choose I won’t condemn you for it. But I believe in freedom. Don’t use your religion as an excuse to take what i as an American earned. If I want to draw pictures of someone else’s prophet guess what? im allowed to in America. If the Muslim community doesn't like it then maybe they shouldn't live here.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Law of Creator is above any laws of any Government body. Do not try to offend other in the name of freedom.

Say: O Followers of the Book| be not unduly immoderate in your religion, and do not follow the low desires of people who went astray before and led many astray and went astray from the right path [ Quran : 5:77]

Those who disbelieved from among the children of Israel were cursed by the tongue of David and Jesus, son Mary; this is because they disobeyed and used to exceed the limit. [Quran ; 5:78]

They used not to forbid each other the hateful things (which) they did; certainly evil was that which they did. [ Quran : 7: 79]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Law of Creator is above any laws of any Government body. Do not try to offend other in the name of freedom.

I can prove my government exists can you say the same for your creator?
I follow the laws of men because it’s what WE decided is best. You follow some mythical being that has NEVER Proven Existence. Religion is Ignorance and I ant wait till mankind evolves away from it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

This is what i have answered in another thread...

Can you see the pain, suffering, smell, wind, etc. Can you prove me their existance?

So, though we cannot see the pain, suffering, smell, wind does not mean that the pain, suffering, smell, wind does not exist. So is the God. Just because we cannot see the God does not mean that God does not exist. Though we cannot see Him, but we can see His creations.

We cannot see electricity (what you can see is wire) but electricity exist.

How many things in the sky that billions light years away, even trillions light years away that could not be seen by people yet the things exist?

How many molecular things even nucleus (hair divided in millions) that cannot be seen by people yet exist? People could only see those things by using a very powerful microscope.

How many waves (radio, electromagnetic, electricity, etc) that cannot be seen yet exist?

Those things exist, yet the human sense is very limited so it cannot sense their existence.

The human ability to see colors limited to certain frequencies. People only could hear limited frequencies. Sometimes the light not only very dazzling but also could make people blind. So is the sound. Certain sound could not be heard by human sense while other sound which is very loud could destroy human‘s hearing.

If to sense the creatures of God, sometimes people could not do it, even more to sense the Creator: God

There are millions of people controlling the traffic on road, sea, and air. Beacons are built. People also build traffic light and radar. Air Traffic Control is built to prevent accident. All vehicles have drivers. Even on airplane there are pilot and co-pilot to make the flight safer. On the ships there are Captain, navigator, and engineers. Yet thousands of accidents happen every year on land, sea, and air. Even though there are many controllers, the accidents still happen.

On the contrary, the Earth, Sun, Moon, Stars, and others always revolve for billions of years without single crash. Most scientists believe that the Earth, Sun, and all of the other planets and moons in the solar system formed about 4.6 billion years ago. For billions of years until now the Earth never bump into the Sun, and the Sun never collides with the Moon. There is no mark, police, nor pilots to drive them. Without God, the Controller of the Universe, none of these would happen. Everything is in order because there is God who controls everything. Allah has put orbit for each of those things. If we really think about it then we will know that God exist.

To those arrogant people who deny the existence of God, Our Lord (Allah) questions them about His creatures. Who is the creator of sperm and plant? People or God the All Wise Creator?

“Have ye seen that which ye emit?
Do ye create it or are We the creator?” [Quran 56:58-59]

“Have ye seen that which ye cultivate?
Is it ye who foster it, or are We the Fosterer?” [Quran 56:63-64]

“Was it ye who made the tree thereof to grow, or were We the grower?” [Quran 56:72]

Can Men Create a Fly?

In another verse, Allah challenges others to create a fly if they could do it. Men may be could make robots from things that created by Allah. Yet, none could make a fly from nothing nor thing that could reproduce except Allah:

“…Lo! Those on whom ye call beside Allah will never create a fly though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly took something from them, they could not rescue it from him. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought!” [Quran 22:73]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
You’re kidding right? This is your argument?
Everything you listed has proven physical effects.

The wind? You can see the physical effects of the wind around you. Moving the trees feeling the breeze on your face.

Electricity? You can see electricity. Ever seen a huge Arc in the sky? I Believe they call it LIGHTENING!

All the planets in space? Ya we see those also with giant telescopes.

And the microscope thing? Yes we can see tiny objects also.

Radio waves? Yes we can see those to. It’s called an oscilloscope scope. Look it up.

And this pain and suffering you talk about? That is Emotion though it also has physical effects. And i bet all the pain and suffering in the world is caused by religion.

Your argument holds no water. You have no way to prove your god exists. Your archaic beliefs are holding the world back.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Darkice19

On the contrary, the Earth, Sun, Moon, Stars, and others always revolve for billions of years without single crash. Most scientists believe that the Earth, Sun, and all of the other planets and moons in the solar system formed about 4.6 billion years ago. For billions of years until now the Earth never bump into the Sun, and the Sun never collides with the Moon. There is no mark, police, nor pilots to drive them. Without God, the Controller of the Universe, none of these would happen. Everything is in order because there is God who controls everything. Allah has put orbit for each of those things. If we really think about it then we will know that God exist.

To those arrogant people who deny the existence of God, Our Lord (Allah) questions them about His creatures. Who is the creator of sperm and plant? People or God the All Wise Creator?

Here is a link to a post where a planet 300 times the size of earth is being eaten by a star. (The sun for all you people stuck in the stone ages.)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Planets collide all the time and we have Hubble to thank for showing it to us. Where is your god now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join