It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow Continues War On Rand Paul In A Disgusting Way

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Part 1

Part 2

Disgusting!!!!
The way she used racists like w. buckley as examples was so cheap.
She is proving herself to be worse than Bill O'reilly!!

Then video clips of private businesses hosing down black people and a beat up black man.
Sensationalism at it's worse.

The parts asking about liquor selling to minors and such questions at the end of part 1 are fine.
But the sensationalism is NOT.

This woman is a complete IDIOT!!!

YUK

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Leave the poor woman alone. She's obviously deperate for ratings. If her ramblings and half-truths don't work she'll be forced to drag out the skimpy outfits and gogo music.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What is wrong with this bitch?

She has obviously been bought off! Why else would she even bring this up? She knows he is on to something really good, and so is his father, and they are completely trying to abolish his reputation.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Boo hoo hoo.
I don't watch Madow, "liberal media" or "conservative" media has nothing to do with it.
Stop whining, it's politics! Paul is a big boy! If he can't take criticism, he's not fit to hold office.
If you don't like MSNBC or Fox, don't watch it!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Wow...such vitriol, when she merely speaks truth?

Racism is vile. It is, also, still rampant in the United States of America, even if it is usually 'hidden' under the rug, and not spoken openly about, except amongst company of like-minded "good old boys", nowadays.

In video #1, starting at 5:15, and the discussion of Tittle II of the Civil Rights Act...THAT is the pertinent part. AND, your 'hero' (??) Rand Paul says he takes issue with it?

How can anyone see/hear that, and not wish to take him to task?

Perhaps, her use of hyperbole went overboard, but I hardly would categorize it as "disgusting".

Haven't we seen more, and WORSE examples of excess on that "paragon of fair-and-balanced" cesspool known as Fox 'news'??

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't like Maddow too much because of her theatrics, but I can't fault her in that program. Dr. Paul is a dangerous nut. He didn't feel comfortable with the Civil Rights question at all. When asked about Disabilities act (heard this morning on the radio) his answers were equally dodgy. He's consistent in a view (to his credit, I must say) that nothing at all should be regulated. What comes to mind, though, is that the industry can pollute us out of existence and that should be fine and dandy according to Dr.Paul's sick ideology.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
If people want to be racist, let them be racist. Not EVERYONE is a racist and that is what Maddow is clearly misunderstanding. She is coming off by suggesting that all blacks are going to be turned away from one day to the next. We have enough time to adapt to the blacks since the Civil Rights movement. You will not get the same type of segregation that we were getting back then. The blacks have become more integrated within our society than ever before. If society as a whole, decides to devolutionize itself, then maybe that's just the way it needs to be. Stop trying to modify nature to our own believe system. This is outrageous.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by drkid]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

May I suggest this guy. No sensationalism there.

www.youtube.com...

Ms. Maddow is fair and balanced compared to Fox. If my Mr. Paul can't run with the big dogs, perhaps he should stay on the porch.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by whaaa]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Wow...such vitriol, when she merely speaks truth?

Opinionated pandering comments = truth??????

In video #1, starting at 5:15, and the discussion of Tittle II of the Civil Rights Act...THAT is the pertinent part. AND, your 'hero' (??) Rand Paul says he takes issue with it?

Do you want the govt. to be your father or your govt.?
It's the govt. not your parents.

Perhaps, her use of hyperbole went overboard, but I hardly would categorize it as "disgusting".

Overboard hyperbole is ALWAYS disgusting, whether left leaning or right.

Haven't we seen more, and WORSE examples of excess on that "paragon of fair-and-balanced" cesspool known as Fox 'news'??

Fox News was disgusting while the republicats were in power
and now MSNBC are disgusting now the dems are in power

These msm networks are like animals, their journalistic integrity hibernates when it's not their season.

If condemn one you MUST condemn the other!!!!
Remember that

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
What is wrong with this bitch?

Quite simply, she's hardcore liberal and like most hardcore liberals, she despises libertarian principles, objectivism and the like. She's also exploiting the hotbed political issue of the last two years: race.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Rachel Maddow thinks she's so damn clever using the whole tuning fork to symbolize racism in politics.

As an example; Rand disapproves of the government making people waste resources building a 100 grand elevator instead of allowing the handicap to have an office on the first floor.

"Wow Rand is for saving resources and freedom, I'll be he's the one that shot MLK too."

Anyone see the idiocy here?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar

"Wow Rand is for saving resources and freedom, I'll be he's the one that shot MLK too."

Anyone see the idiocy here?

Rand Paul shot MLK? Yes I do see the idiocy!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We blame the journalist for not asking the tough questions prior to the Iraq war, thus allowing the Bush administration to lie us into an unjust war against a country that had nothing to do with 911. Now you want to blame them for asking the tough questions that may expose a politicians true values prior to him being elected. Please! You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I too agree with some, I repeat some, of Rand Paul's positions but he has the same problem that his father has and that is, he sometimes tends to carry his position to the extreme. It has been my experience that extremes are usually not as good as they may sound.

Rand Paul can continue to state that he is not a racist over and over again but it is his actions and not his words that will tell the truth.

IMO, a "racist" is not a term that is exclusively limited to describing an individual that commits a racist act. It also includes anyone who would support another individuals' alleged right to commit racist acts in his/her place of business or anywhere else.

Rand Paul didn't think that Rachael Maddow was so nutty when he announced his candidacy on her show. It wasn't until he got ask the tough questions, based on his stated positions, that he decided to label MSNBC as the nuts on the left.

It was pretty clear to me that Rand Paul would be happy to take this country back some 50 yrs. with respect to race relations if elected and given the opportunity.

I've never told anyone this story before but when I was 14 yrs. old, (1970) I used to wash dishes at my aunts restaurant in Port Aransas, TX. to earn extra cash to pay for my summer camp with the Boy Scouts. Every time a black patron pulled up in the parking lot, my aunt would rush to lock the front door of the restaurant and when they approached the door she would tell them that she just closed. It didn't matter if we had just opened! As soon as they were gone she would unlock the door and the restaurant would remain open until closing time, 11 p.m.. It was the most disgraceful behavior I have ever witnessed and even as a child, I knew it. I wanted to quit every time she did this and looking back, I should have. Actually, I should have turned her in to the authorities and I now wish I would have. Even though I did not commit the act, I feel guilt for tolerating her actions and I should.

There is no excuse for racism in any form and whether you commit the act or you support someone's right to commit it, you are a racist plain and simple. Whether you admit it or not.

I believe that Rachael did a jam up job of asking the pertinent questions, based on Rand Paul's previously stated positions. I think that she exposed him for what he is and I hope that he is defeated in the fall.

The Tea Party's motto is that they "Want To Take Our Country Back!" Personally, I would have a lot easier time allying with someone who wanted to take their country forward. Of course, that's just me.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
We blame the journalist for not asking the tough questions prior to the Iraq war, thus allowing the Bush administration to lie us into an unjust war against a country that had nothing to do with 911. Now you want to blame them for asking the tough questions that may expose a politicians true values prior to him being elected. Please! You can't have your cake and eat it too.

One's a cake one's a dodo bird turkey breast
but dodo birds are a thing of the past, they are extinct
Talking about the Iraq war vs. the something of decades ago with so much hyperbolic propoganda is the same thing?

IMO, a "racist" is not a term that is exclusively limited to describing an individual that commits a racist act. It also includes anyone who would support another individuals' alleged right to commit racist acts in his/her place of business or anywhere else.

The govt. is not your parent
So if you scream racist words but your neighbour doesn't come to you about it she is a racist too?
What an immature statement.

It was pretty clear to me that Rand Paul would be happy to take this country back some 50 yrs. with respect to race relations if elected and given the opportunity.

Then it in fact wasn't clear
You might need glasses to correction your vision
the role of govt. is the role of govt.

The Tea Party's motto is that they "Want To Take Our Country Back!" Personally, I would have a lot easier time allying with someone who wanted to take their country forward. Of course, that's just me.

Wow
That's like your opponents using something cheap like the opposite of right is wrong

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
maddow asked paul a loaded question. simple as that.

not to mention, any private business that didnt allow a certain demographic in todays world wouldnt stay in business that long now would it?

and whats stopping ordinary people boycotting such an establishment?

nothing. everyone just wants the gubmint to do everything for them, so they can sit on their fat behinds, stuffing their face, wathcing BS on tv and crap that passes for news.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So let's say the Civil Rights Act didn't include the part that includes private business.

Some business would deny blacks service based on their race.
Others might decide they don't won't to serve red headed people.
Others might not serve republicans.
Others would deny service to Muslims, or...
soldiers,
utility workers,
Auburn Fans,
people in cowboy hats,
Amish,
females,
people wearing real fur,
people with tattoos,
cops,
single mothers,
the handicapped, etc.

If given the freedom to discriminate, people will discriminate, and YOU might the next one who is the victim. Still sound good?

What would you do if your grocery store wouldn't allow you to shop there because you are a blond with European decent? Hey, it's there right, right?

Now you drive 20 miles away for groceries and are denied there because you have a McCain/Palin sticker on your car.

20 more miles and you come to a store owned by a black family. Would you even try to go in?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
If given the freedom to discriminate, people will discriminate, and YOU might the next one who is the victim. Still sound good?

Sure. Freedom isnt some cakewalk. I support it to my own detriment daily.

What would you do if your grocery store wouldn't allow you to shop there because you are a blond with European decent? Hey, it's there right, right?

Sure.

Now you drive 20 miles away for groceries and are denied there because you have a McCain/Palin sticker on your car.

Wouldnt be on my car but okay, let them cast me out.

20 more miles and you come to a store owned by a black family. Would you even try to go in?

Why the hell not?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Maddow did what a great journalist does. She asked a candidate his views on an important issue that he has spoke about in the past. Rand Paul has his views, and if he was proud of them, he would been glad to state his position on national television.

After several minutes of word dancing it was clear that he is OK with private business discriminating if they want to.

Don't blame Maddow for exposing his views, it's her job, and she is doing great. More Maddows and we might have a decent free press again.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Rand Paul was right, it isn't the Government's business, what Private company's do...
I don't think That too many company's could stay above water, segregating themselves Money spends just as well, form any race. ...
So a 40 year old bill, really who cares? The only people keeping Racism alive are liberals.
How Does Rachel Maddow still have a job, she is terrible. I wish she would go back to Air America, so I don't have to look at her creepy liberal smile... oh no wait, nobody listened to that garbage either, so it went belly up.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

The only people keeping Racism alive are liberals.

.....oh yea, and racists!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join