It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars And Stripes Pointing Down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
does anyone know the reason why tody the officials in america have the stars and stripes pointing downwards.

i never noticed before, until i heard on he coast2coast radio show, alex jones talking about it. i was watching a programme from america yesterday about last years blackout in the north east. they had a official talking from the electrical company and the stars and stripes were pointing downwards.

i was wondering why the flag is being positioned this way, and what does it mean. Alex jones reckoned it was a symbol for a defeated country(to do with the symbols of the occult and secret socities). can i have your views.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by andy1033]

[edit on 8-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
There is one weeks official mourning for Reagan.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Where??

Do you mean at half-mast in rememberance of R. Reagan??

Where has the flag been roatated to point downwards??

Feel free to post pics.....

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Do you mean pointing down or actually upside down? An upside down flag is a distress signal which originated with naval vessels.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think he mean's the flag angle has been tilted downwards or dipped.It's a mark of respect similar to flying at halfmast.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I hope that its not pointing downwards that means that we are under duress, I hope he means that its at half mast which would be cause of President Reagan

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
no i am talking about the before reagans death and the stripes are pointing down. i do not have an image but imagine the stars and stripes being turned 90 degrees clockwise. the stripes are pointing down and the stars are in the top right corner.

the people said on the talk show that it a symbol of a defeated country.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just checked.

"The flag should be held upright and should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental, state, or organizational flags may be dipped."

www.infoplease.com...

Funny I thought I saw them dip 3 flags on the D-Day anniversary in honour of the dead but it could have been the British.

Don't know.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
can american people keep an eye on this one, and tell us if there see people like soldiers sleeves ar government offices with the flag pointing downwards. just be interesting to see if this is going on or whether it was just a one off.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Where exactly did you see this, be descriptive you arent painting a clear picture?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If you see the national colors (our flag) displayed with the stripes running up and down, it is just another way of displaying it. As long as the blue field with the stars is maintained in the upper left corner, it is completely normal.

TC

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
He talking about the flag looking like this

it it was like this , it would mean distress

[edit on 8-6-2004 by NetStorm]

[edit on 8-6-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If he is talking about the flag being displayed upside down, then yes, it is not normal. It is never displayed like that because it does mean that it is a time of distress. I would like to know where exactly anyone saw the flag being displayed like this. It could turn up some useful information. Otherwise if displayed with the stars in the upper-left then all is normal.

TC

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Trenchcoat]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trenchcoat
If he is talking about the flag being displayed upside down, then yes, it is not normal. It is never displayed like that because it does mean that it is a time of distress. I would like to know where exactly anyone saw the flag being displayed like this. It could turn up some useful information. Otherwise if displayed with the stars in the upper-left then all is normal.

The upside down flag is the symbol of A.I.M. (American Indian Movement). Native Americans who belong to this organization often fly the flag upside down, and the flag can be seen in this position at most Indian Reservations.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It sounds to me that he is talking, like Netstorm said, the flag was mounted vertically, not horizontal. Which doesn't mean anything, and as Trechcoat said, is another way of mounting it. Many flags are hung like that in arena's, since they don't have a pole, it is hung from the rafters. However some arenas do hang the flag from its top, to keep in horizontal.

from Trenchcoat
As long as the blue field with the stars is maintained in the upper left corner, it is completely normal

That is incorrect, only because it would be relative to where the onlooker is standing
. The flag is 2 sided.

Alex jones reckoned it was a symbol for a defeated country(to do with the symbols of the occult and secret socities).

Alex Jones is full of ballony. Defeated by whom? Military wise we have never lost a war. We lost at the world games in basketball last year, which was down right depressing but not enough to turn the flag upside down

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
nope what he probably meant was that the america you think you have has gone and the nwo have taken it over, with one day leading to a one world country.

if that is not a description of a defeated country what is.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well I think first he, and however believes this would have to prove a few things.

1. That there is a NWO.
2. That our elected officials, that change ever 8 years at most are all controlled by the same NWO.
3. That somehow dispite the totoally bi-partizine politics we have here, the NWO is controlling that as well.
4. That he knows what the 'america' we think we have is.
5. What the hell all this has to do with the original observation about the flag being mounted sideways.

It kinda obvious that if he didn't even know that we sometimes mount the flag sideways, that he doesn't know jack and crap about anything else. How and why would you take the rambling of a man that makes a mountian out of a molehill and plays off things that you don't know about, granted because your not american, like how our flag was mounted?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What you are referring to the Civil Flag for Peacetime. This is what people do not understand. After the civil war the government transitioned from being a government into a corporation. What they did next is put America under martial law. Till this day we are still under martial law. With the 14th amendment, it turned everybody in America into a slave. People do not know how to comprehend. It says that the U.S government(a corporation) will use the American people as collateral for their debt. Look at the definition of a citizen. It says subject. Subject means slave. Are you a subject? They tried to eliminate the Civilian Flag out of its existence. The Civilian Flag states that you're a sovereign King, and old glory stands for public servants. The last time I checked, kings do not answer to servants. The master asks the questions, the servants answer the questions! Learn your history! www.barefootsworld.net...

top topics

join