It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Mayor Offers to Put Gun in Reporter's 'Butt'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How nice, just something you want your elected Mayor to say in response to some reporter's question on the topic of Chicago's gun policy :shk:

www.foxnews.com

Irate with a reporter's question on the effectiveness of the city's handgun ban, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley offered to give a first-hand lesson following the shooting of an off-duty police officer.

"Oh, it's been very effective," Daley said, according to MyFoxChicago.com. "If I put this up your butt, you'll find out how effective it is. If I put a round up your … you'll know."

Daley, whose comments came at a news conference on Thursday previously scheduled to discuss the city's ban and a pending U.S. Supreme Court lawsuit challenging the law, became testy when a reporter questioned the ban's effectiveness as the mayor held a rifle confiscated from city streets.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Rabidly anti-gun mayor just threaten to pop a cap in a reporters ass?

I'm shocked. Really.

In comes Bloomberg to tell us all to ignore the good mayor Daley and forget about answering the reporters question and keep pushing until Washongton makes the entire country as safe as Daleys little utopia.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Chicagoland's finest!
Daley never fails to impress with his classy ways.

Oddly enough, these Chicago style tactics against the press are being use by our current WH administration against the WH press pool. Granted not as crude but just as rude.

Gibbs and company are running ramshackle over the WH press and his boss fully allows it and probably encourages it. Wonder where Obama learned his tricks??

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yep, thats our dear mayor, King Richard. A real class act!

And as you can see, that gun ban is doing wonders for us!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Wait, isn't Chicago thinking about getting the reserves involved to help with crime there?

Perhaps they need to check out the mayors office first!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Gotta love Daley. IMO he's one of the most corrupt, un-professional political "leaders" in the entire system. You gotta know this because of his and his fathers long standing positions in Chicago --you gotta know they're well anchored in all of the sleaze and slime that makes up the heart of crime itself.

I cannot wait for the day Daley's term ends. He's choking Chicagoans out of the right to bear arms, their money and their land.

It'll be a smog-free day when he leaves.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Rabidly anti-gun mayor just threaten to pop a cap in a reporters ass?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I personally like it when a politician or public figure goes off the script and actually says something real like this. Especially since this particular instance is so funny to me. Hopefully someone's got a YouTube of this,

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Seems like Lil Richie is trying to show people he's as tough as his Dad was.

(see Chicago 1968).

Remember, the police aren't there to create disorder, they are there to maintain disorder

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If this had been the other way around, and the reporter made that comment, how much you want to make a bet he/she would be in jail for threatening an elected official?

Seems like things in Chicago are operating as usual....

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Chicago is still a corrupt city with daley at the helm of corruption and God knows how much crime against the people. The police beat people al the time to get confessions...politicians are universally crooked..and the law is about as sensible as when Capone ran the show.

If the People had guns, they might be able to protect themselves from both the criminals WITH badges as well as the ones WITHOUT badges. The thought of the cops being the only one with guns...and of course the criminals get all the guns they want...is too much for a moron like Daley.

Chicago is a wasteland..horrible place....as most are when you are not rich. this nation is going downhill, fast. To hell with daley...he is nothing but a jerk with power..

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
We need more guns in Chicago, not less. I haven't been in the City for well over a year now, because I hate going there. Mayor Daley has turned the City into a miserable place to live and visit. Don't worry they have been slowly migrating the crime out to the suburbs for ten years, So we get our fair share of Crime now too. but at least we can have Guns.

P.S. Thanks Mayor Daley, your the greatest.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
OK, wait a moment people, if this man is so bad how he got elected? I mean I know we as voters mean nothing anymore, but how did he got elected if people doesn't like him at all.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
OK, wait a moment people, if this man is so bad how he got elected? I mean I know we as voters mean nothing anymore, but how did he got elected if people doesn't like him at all.

Horribly incompetent people get elected and re-elected all the time.

Perhaps the most infamous case from our nations capitol: Marion Barry.

An honest to goodness crack-head as mayor.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Chicago is a prime example of city government when thugs and bleeding hearts have the majority. The bleeding hearts oppose guns because a by stander might get shot.(which does have merit) and the thugs oppose guns because they don't want the general population shooting back.
The people of Chicago need to change the officals first and set the laws straight second.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Crime rates skyrocket as a result of gun bans.

Crime rates go down when certain cities require handgun ownership.

25 murder-free years in Kennesaw, GA, anyone?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I call them the recycle trash, you see them been moved around in corporate American, the government and about anywhere that they are wanted by those that pays the big money, private interest

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I don't know, how he gets re-elected, I think he has a big Zombie voter turn out, just like his old man... Some people do seem to love him, he is huge with the Black population.
but after that whole parking thing, and the Taxes I can't see him winning again. and If he does it's fixed.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Change of heart?

Daley sorry about off-color gun comment

CHICAGO Chicago Mayor Richard Daley says he's sorry he suggested he'd put a rifle up the "butt" of a reporter who'd asked him about the effectiveness of the city's handgun ban.

Daley said Friday while he regrets his exact words, he hopes his comments will get people thinking about the dangers of guns.

You can't make this stuff up ..

strategy: threaten a reporter with an uncomfortable use of a weapon, will get people thinking about the danger of guns?

Maybe if he is brandishing the weapon.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
More on the aftermath to include a video clip here:

Mayor Daley Regrets Gun 'Up Your Butt' Remark, Reporter Fires Back (VIDEO)

Mayor Daley's strange and colorful response to a reporter's question about Chicago's handgun ban on Thursday drew national attention. Probably because he said people would understand how effective the city's gun ban is if he were to put a gun up the reporter's rear end.

While discussing the upcoming Supreme Court ruling over the legality of Chicago's handgun ban, Daley told reporters Thursday that he hoped the justices will decide to uphold the ban.

Then, Chicago Reader reporter Mick Dumke raised the question: if the handgun ban is so valuable, why is the city is suffering from an epidemic of gun violence?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Earlier this week, 7 people were murdered in Chicago in just one day.
The local 24hour radio news station mentioned it almost as an after
thought...and then moved right along to a more "important" story.
It's appalling that Chicago murders are so common now that they
aren't even newsworthy. -cwm

top topics

join