It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-abortion fetus dolls handed out to Norfolk students

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Years ago at a county fair some old biddy in a booth had a basket full of these things.

So you still have yours? Wow.
Well, I guess I've seen stranger things in a woman's purse.

As you said, schools have no right to approach this issue - at least without consent. It's remarkable to me what parents will allow schools to teach their children...

PS - Hint to you - Be careful who you call an old biddy, lol, one day, all us women will become 'old biddies'. I had more respect for my Grandmother than anyone else in the world. Just sayin...
I AM an old biddy myself, just ask my teenager and his girlfriend, lol!

I am embracing my crone stage, it is my favorite.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I think that you have not read my previous post as I as wrote that I was relating things from a UK perspective, which is were I reside. I can not answer for the situation in the US.

I consider a 'failed parent' to be one who fails to invest time and effort into their child. To deter them from from the ills of world, to treat others with the love and compasssion that they would like to given to them. To be be freethinking and mindful of those less fortunate. To offer a helping hand to those that need and to that they can be whatever they want to be. I do not talk of showering them with materialistic goods. I talk of showing them that they are loved. To consider that even small actions in life can send out large ripples, for both good and bad. To do any less than this is to fail your child.

The financial status of a parent should have no bearing on the way they bring up a child, but in the godless age, many people, of all ages are living for the moment but with negative results.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

why don't the dear party leaders spend those billions on offering incentives to keep parents home longer?, maybe if both didn't need 2 jobs in order to eek out a meager existence, kids wouldn't lack supervision, eh?..

They won't do that because it doesn't serve their purpose. They love the fact that today in many families both parents have to work, sometimes two jobs because that is helping to bring about the fall of the American family.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think these are great...the children received them as gifts and should be grateful. Life does start at conception..it is human biology and and great learning tool. I do not see anything sinister in it at all.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would have been upset if they were handing out those fetus dolls in my school when I was a child too.

Now if they were handing out THESE fetus dolls, maybe I would have been ok with it.

www.feministe.us...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

why don't the dear party leaders spend those billions on offering incentives to keep parents home longer?, maybe if both didn't need 2 jobs in order to eek out a meager existence, kids wouldn't lack supervision, eh?..

They won't do that because it doesn't serve their purpose. They love the fact that today in many families both parents have to work, sometimes two jobs because that is helping to bring about the fall of the American family.

Well I see it as one more thing to waste my tax dollars on...

I work and guess what, my kids could read at the age of 4 and do extremely well in school. This is because I put a good amount of effort to ensure they do well. Parents who care will find the time no matter what, and providing them extra time will do nothing unless they are already involved in their kids.

The bigger problem in the vast majority is parents who do nothing even when they have the time. Lack of time is not the issue, lack of care and interest is closer to the truth.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

Not to go OT, but you are exactly correct. It is the same mindset & method of operation.
It is also equally hypocritical as neither provides a whit for the "victims" they exploit.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join