It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-abortion fetus dolls handed out to Norfolk students

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

How about the extended family pick up the gauntlet, grandparents, aunts, uncles,etc.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I understand your sentiment but have to respectfully disagree. I do not condone the actions of this teacher but I do think that there is an urgent need to install a system in place which aids our young. An uneducated child is being put on the wrong road in life from the start, and I am sure that in their misguided way, the teacher was trying to compensate for the school systems deficiency's. I do not want to hark back to the dark days of corporal punishment, but there must be a government sanctioned review of how we can give child the best information and guidance to equip them for the trials and tribulations of what is to come.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I have no problem at all with the biological changes of a fetus being included in health classes, I think it should be a part of those classes. My only problem is that I don't feel that this should be part of the curriculum for 3rd, 4th, & 5th graders. Our children are being forced to grow up much too soon, let them enjoy being kids for awhile without having to bear the weight of matters beyong their age.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

How about the extended family pick up the gauntlet, grandparents, aunts, uncles,etc.

With respect, that is too simplistic. Some children do not have access to extended family and many is the time that the bad parents have been themselves, victims of bad parenting.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I do not want to hark back to the dark days of corporal punishment, but there must be a government sanctioned review of how we can give child the best information and guidance to equip them for the trials and tribulations of what is to come.

I have to respectfully disagree with you, I believe that the government is already too involved in our lives and has overstepped their bounds when it comes to a person's right to parent. Part of the reason that we have these feral youth running the streets is because the government has suceeded in taking away a parents right to discipline their children.

.....and I am sure that in their misguided way, the teacher was trying to compensate for the school systems deficiency's.

No this teacher was simply using their role as a trusted teacher to imbed into young impressionable mind his/her personal moral beliefs concerning abortion.

Could you please answer the question that I posted earlier ? What if the teacher had passed out fetus dolls with a pro choice message on them ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I understand your points, but I just can not condone the teaching of moral values such as this in public schools. Reading, Math, Science, Social Science, Psycology, Language arts, Philosophy, etc, fine, but morals, no. There is too much room for people teaching their personal beliefs and promoting their own agenda to allow moral teachings in the public school system.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Could you please answer the question that I posted earlier ? What if the teacher had passed out fetus dolls with a pro choice message on them?

Sorry, I thought I had. I consider both pro-life/choice options wrong if they are not sanctioned by the school authority. But, I do think that the pro-life option could deter a young girl becoming pregnant in the first place, admittedly by a shock tactic, and therefore, not faced with having to consider the pro-choice option. Its very much the same as a the way tobacco company's are now forced to show pictures of diseased lungs and warning on their products. What does need to be considered is the age of the children and the ramifications of this type of education.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Extreme Pilgrim]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by silo13

I agree with you on this point. This is not an issue of pro-life or pro-choice. A school is a place of education not a place to indoctrinate students.

Education is indoctrination. There is no difference except that by social convention we agree some things are worth indoctrinating into our kids. But truth is, it's all just dogma, yes, even math. For in reality, their is none!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Our children are being forced to grow up much too soon, let them enjoy being kids for awhile without having to bear the weight of matters beyong their age.

I agree 100%

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I hope all of you would feel the same if it was a pro-choice message. Its really a fine line with many things that are taught in school. many people take the attitude that its ok as long as what they are teaching offends someone else but as soon as it offends me then we must do something.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extreme Pilgrim
reply to post by chise61

I understand your sentiment but have to respectfully disagree. I do not condone the actions of this teacher but I do think that there is an urgent need to install a system in place which aids our young. An uneducated child is being put on the wrong road in life from the start, and I am sure that in their misguided way, the teacher was trying to compensate for the school systems deficiency's. I do not want to hark back to the dark days of corporal punishment, but there must be a government sanctioned review of how we can give child the best information and guidance to equip them for the trials and tribulations of what is to come.

The incompetent failures in govt have no business telling anyone what the "best information" is, or what constitutes proper 'guidance' for children... I can't fathom why anyone still gives the party leaders/govt an iota of credibility or actually "trusts" a word those people say.

Public schools are already over influenced, polluted by left/right agendas, overflowing with mis & dis information, and represent a toxic inviorment to independant thought... all because of govt lackey guidance & 'best' information... I was forced to teach DARE (which is actually inflicting damaging false propaganda) and witnessed what a toilet school curriculums have become, although I hated the assignment with the heat of 1000 suns.. it was a valuable experience, it cemented my resolve to never allow my kids near a public school if I wanted them to grow up free thinkers.

You can trust the govt to do the right thing, offer the "best" information.. it will be an exercise in futility, but to each his own.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I agree with a great deal with what you have written, but can you given solution to who should be guiding our children if both the home and the school are failing?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

What if the teacher had passed out fetus dolls with a pro choice message on them ?

I was in hopes someone would bring up that very point.

Thank you - Now I'll sit back and wait for some answers...

peace

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge
Its just a plastic doll of a baby;
Its not like they were dolls of penises or whatever;
I think people are over reacting;
Do you really think 2nd graders would even understand what abortion and pro-life is?
They will probably forget about it in a couple days because theyre all busy playing and watching Dora The Explorer
I carry one of the plastic fetii in my purse at all times.

Years ago at a county fair some old biddy in a booth had a basket full of these things. I grabbed two. I gave one to a friend, and since the biddy had these things in a basket begging us to take them i figured I would take the best care of that plastic fetus as I could. It has been in every purse I have carried since then. Just a funny reminder of the zealous lengths others will go to PUSH their beliefs onto others.

BTW mine is a BOY!

The old biddy was representing a catholic Pro Life organization of some sorts.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Personally, I feel sex education has no business in schools period. Not much more to say on the issue. This type of example is why.

I am very prochoice, but I would be just as furious if the message was prochoice.

As a parent that is MY place, NOT the schools.

Look how many perverts and sickos work in our schools!! Entrusting these people with sexually educating my kid is NOT going to happen.

Parents who feel sex ed needs to be in schools are LAZY and bad parents. There is NO excuse for a parent to let any other person be entrusted with this duty.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Years ago at a county fair some old biddy in a booth had a basket full of these things.

So you still have yours? Wow.
Well, I guess I've seen stranger things in a woman's purse.

As you said, schools have no right to approach this issue - at least without consent. It's remarkable to me what parents will allow schools to teach their children...

PS - Hint to you - Be careful who you call an old biddy, lol, one day, all us women will become 'old biddies'. I had more respect for my Grandmother than anyone else in the world. Just sayin...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I brought up that point hoping to get some feedback, but so far nothing.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I mentioned previously that I didn't think this was appropriate in a public school. The question of morality was brought up.

Along similar lines, how would you all feel if a teacher handed out to 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders a little plastic man with a noose tied tight around his neck and a little message attached that read, " Death penalty to John Doe!" Coincidentally at the same time a man was days away from being put to death and it was all over the news.

Would you be upset? If you think it's ok to teach morals to little kids at school, who's morals should they be taught?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extreme Pilgrim
reply to post by GovtFlu

I agree with a great deal with what you have written, but can you given solution to who should be guiding our children if both the home and the school are failing?

Define "failing", whose standards apply? the inflated hubris of agenda motivated political people?.. and how does a parent "fail"?.. if I teach my kid about 3000 years of marijuana use, or point out how the war on drugs & terrorism relate to a bigger picture of how governments historically control people.. and Jr. decides govt "truth" is hilarious propaganda.. I'm sure that would constitute unfit parenting by 'official' standards.

If we're going to use societal ills as an indication 'we' are failing our kids collectively, then I suggest you VOTE for a 3rd party because the GOP & DNC benefit too much from problems they allow to fester. I would argue things like crime, drug use, kids lacking supervision & guidance then going rogue criminal.. are built into the republican & democrat system / way of life.

There are no large scale solutions with the GOP & DNC running the govt.. billions upon billions flushed down the rat-hole on BS wars, phony enemies, useless foreign aid.. the whole empire / world police insanity.. why don't the dear party leaders spend those billions on offering incentives to keep parents home longer?, maybe if both didn't need 2 jobs in order to eek out a meager existence, kids wouldn't lack supervision, eh?..

Both parties care more about wars & maintaining an empire than building schools, hiring teachers, opening community rec centers.. spending our money on things that benefit us, or might actually solve a problem.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

why don't the dear party leaders spend those billions on offering incentives to keep parents home longer?, maybe if both didn't need 2 jobs in order to eek out a meager existence, kids wouldn't lack supervision, eh?..

Hey, start a thread on this and let me know, I'll way support it.
IMO that's one huge problem (and has been) for a long time in the USA.
Kids need their parents, no parental guidance at home = disaster.
One reason why schools keep on getting away with this agenda pushing, like with the abortion dolls.

thanks for your post

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join