It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-abortion fetus dolls handed out to Norfolk students

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
You got to admire Anti-Abortions zealots. They're so committed to their cause that they have no problem lying to and warping the minds of small children. Now if we could just get them to strap bombs on themselves with faulty timers...

And how exactly are we lying child murderer? i mean if your gonna call me a zealot...turn about is fair play yes? So i figure i'll just call you what you and abortion supporters are...child murderers.

No you dont physically go out and kill them....but you essentially support the termination of unborn humans.

40 million children from the US alone has been aborted.

thats more lives lost then any United states war....actually all of them put together.

Each year alone 800,000 thousand babies are aborted.

Many of you are against the iraq war(as you should be)but it would take 150-250 years worth of iraq war just to get to ONE YEAR of abortions.

Thats more people then hitler killed in the holocaust of jews.

I agree she should not have done this at school...but i will not tolerate you calling me and other members of ATS who believe abortion is a disgusting in-humane act a zealot.

and i have no idea why a moderater has not deleted your post. You are advocating for pro-lifers to kill themselves. you are essentialy advocating for mass death and suicide.Of course your post wont be deleted...your views mesh real well with ATS marxists.

if your gonna call me a zealot remember this.

You support abortion. therefore those 40 million babies deaths are on YOUR and pro-choicers' shoulders.

I know this post will be deleted.....while yours obviously wont.

deny ignorance my arse.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I keep seeing the wordage used in this thread and others like it and that word is 'agenda'. I think that it is misguided to point a conspiratorial finger at people that are trying to help these young people. Many people in western countries have become desensitized to acts like an abortion and items such as these can show that there are repercussions to their actions if they partake in act such as unprotected sex. Rather than showing them the horrors of a dissected babies body, surely this goes someway inbetween. I don't think the message is 'don't get an abortion', it is more 'don't get pregnant from carelessness'.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

I think that it is misguided to point a conspiratorial finger at people that are trying to help these young people.

You make some good points, but please take into consideration these are not 'young people' but children. Barely more than babies themselves.

From there, the problem I see is everyone and their brother these days seems to have their own definition of 'help'?

Would it be 'Help' if these 'do-gooders' were Muslims handing out prayer rugs and a mini-copy of the Koran? (No, I'm not a Muslim basher, but it does seem to be the 'hype' of the moment)...

Or would you consider it 'help' if they were handing out condoms to 3rd graders?

Point is, whatever controversial 'help' example you want to come up with?
The setting and the moment was absolutely unacceptable.

Not as school, not with little children and not without parents consent.

Thanks

peace

[edit on 22-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
When I was little I remember thinking specifically that a baby was a blob of tissue that formed from the inside out.

It is an awful thing to show little kids what a baby really looks like during development. What was that evil woman thinking?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

It is an awful thing to show little kids what a baby really looks like during development. What was that evil woman thinking?

Ya know, funny thing you say that.
When I was little I thought babies were just, well, tiny little babies... Like from conception they looked like you could already put tiny clothes on them.

I would have been horrified and honestly I wouldn't have believed it if someone showed me what a 12 week old fetus looked like.

Ewww!

peace

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The main problem with pro-choice is abortion is typically viewed as not really a big deal, and I think that even with pro-choice it should be viewed as a very serious event that should be the last choice when all other choices have failed. But this is not the case, we have many use it as a form of birth control, as example, in the black community alone they have had 30 million abortions since 1972, and their population in America is in decline. Many clinics go right to it since it is quick and easy money, States offer it free since they would rather pay for an abortion than welfare on a child.

With all this said why is it wrong to teach that there is actually a small human in the womb, and abortion is last of all choices one should consider. Personally I don’t see parents doing this, and if they were we would not, as a society, treat it with such indifference.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think that the two main issues here are not the dolls per se, it is the age of the children and also the lack of consultation with the parents. There was a program in the UK (and as far as I know, is still running) whereby young girls were given a electronic doll (a baby Pokemon, if you will) which needed constant care and attention, but still does not halt the ever increasing of pre-teen births. One target audience that always seems to be bypassed with each new, faltering government initiative are males. Young boys should be taught the perils of venturing down this path in the same way as girls and maybe then they would think before they act.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

With all this said why is it wrong to teach that there is actually a small human in the womb, and abortion is last of all choices one should consider.

Because the public school system is not the place for it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61

With all this said why is it wrong to teach that there is actually a small human in the womb, and abortion is last of all choices one should consider.

Should public schools teach sex ed to pre-teens? The schools do it because the parents are not doing it and there is a need to do it.....

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Should public schools teach sex ed to pre-teens? The schools do it because the parents are not doing it and there is a need to do it.....

You're ignoring what the issue is.

I'm sure no one here would be pissed that this happened if this was part of the curriculum, in the classroom, passed by the administration and the parents were informed of it.

None of that has happened here. This was done by a single teacher during lunch time, without permission from the administration or the parents, to spread her own agenda.

Kids should be taught what abortion is but not at this age and certainly not by the means this teacher did it. This was a shock and awe campaign perpetuated against young, impressionable minds.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

You're ignoring what the issue is.

Maybe I am since I agree he didn't have the right to do it, and it was totally out of place.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Its just a plastic doll of a baby;
Its not like they were dolls of penises or whatever;
I think people are over reacting;
Do you really think 2nd graders would even understand what abortion and pro-life is?
They will probably forget about it in a couple days because theyre all busy playing and watching Dora The Explorer

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SupremeKnowledge

Its just a plastic doll of a baby;

No, a plastic replica of a fetus with a Pro-Life message attached.

Big difference.

Ya don't get that with Barbi and Ken...

peace

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I am not sure what things are like in the US but in the UK, both the parents and the system is failing the young in sex education at the moment. If the school isn't the place, where is? The system must have forethought and put things in place that are not knee jerk reactions to today whims.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Sex ed teaches children about the biological changes in, and functions of their bodies. It does not teach morality. Moral issues are to be handled by parents, not the public school system.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Moral issues are to be handled by parents, not the public school system.

And the reason that there are countless feral youths running around our streets, raping old women, murdering anybody who happens to cross their path and an all time high in pregnant children is because the moral fabric is rotting to the core. Many modern parents can not be bothered to invest time and effort into giving their children a code of ethics as it interrupts their TV viewing and personal social time down at the pub. So, by your rational, if the parents do not pick up the gauntlet, who does?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

No, a plastic replica of a fetus with a Pro-Life message attached.

Big difference.

Ya don't get that with Barbi and Ken...

peace

I tried to find what the message was, but I can't other than it explain the biological development of the first twelve weeks.

Anyone have a quote of this pro-life message?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extreme Pilgrim

And the reason that there are countless feral youths running around our streets, raping old women, murdering anybody who happens to cross their path and an all time high in pregnant children is because the moral fabric is rotting to the core. Many modern parents can not be bothered to invest time and effort into giving their children a code of ethics as it interrupts their TV viewing and personal social time down at the pub. So, by your rational, if the parents do not pick up the gauntlet, who does?

I think it is that they actually have no code of ethics to teach their kids even if they felt like it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Extreme Pilgrim

Home is the place.

Yes we have parents here that are not teaching their children the things that they should, but it is not the school systems place to teach morals. It is definately not the place of an individul teacher to decide what a child's moral values should be.

Teachers can have a great influence on children, that is why they are prevented from pushing their moral beliefs off onto their students. This teacher violated his/her position of trust in his/her role as a teacher.

Just as there are many parents that drop the ball there are many parents that do not. It is up to the parents to decide the proper time, place and age that their children should be taught these things. Parents that teach their children what they need to know shouldn't lose their right to parent due to those that don't.

What if the teacher had passed out fetus dolls with a pro choice message on them ?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Sex ed teaches children about the biological changes in, and functions of their bodies. It does not teach morality. Moral issues are to be handled by parents, not the public school system.

Like how to put a rubber in a plastic penis...

So I guess we need to officially incorporate the biological changes of a fetus too in our schools since that it is also a stage of the human lifecycle. Can we both agree what the teacher did was wrong, but the idea was good to promote the biological understanding of the unborn human growth cycle in the hopes of creating a level of sensitivity, erasing indifference, for the sake of future abortion decisions?

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join