It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-abortion fetus dolls handed out to Norfolk students

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Anti-abortion fetus dolls handed out to Norfolk students

hamptonroads.com.nyud.net

Plastic human fetus dolls - soft, in pink and brown, and about 4 inches long - have been handed out at Oakwood Elementary School by an employee who was put on administrative leave Thursday over the situation.
"It is hard to imagine that we would have an employee who believes it would be appropriate to share plastic fetus dolls with students in one of our schools," the School Board Chairman said Thursday.

The card accompanying the doll described the first 12 weeks of fetal development, and contained a pro-life message.

""She comes home with a fetus and says, 'Mommy, look what I got!'

As a parent, I choose to teach my children about those things later in life," she added. "I did not sign a waiver for my daughter to be given a fetus."

Related News Links:
www.wavy.com

[edit on 21-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Sometimes something comes along that is just so unbelievable - it's well... UNBELIEVABLE!

I'm just truly flabbergasted over this. Handing out 'fetus dolls' to 2-3 and 4th graders?

IMO - even though they think they have a 'good message' to spread? I for one just can't justify this type of behavior for any reason.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a2ebbddd0fd.jpg[/atsimg]

peace

hamptonroads.com.nyud.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
[edited by OuttaHere; for not reading the OP thoroughly]

Mods delete this post please.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by OuttaHere]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I received a U2U asking that I give my opinion on abortion in this thread - then the author of the U2U would post here.

I don't see how my opinion has anything to do with the point this thread brings to the boards actually.

The issue (in my opinion) is a fanatical misusing a position of trust in schools to further their agenda - regardless of the damage it might (or has done) to a young child that parents have given over into their care.

Let me think on it a bit... I might add more but for now that will have to do. If you can't post here without my opinion on abortion - my regrets.

peace

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The teacher said that attached to the dolls was a card with a "pro-life" message and information on fetal growth.

That's what's wrong with it. That has no place in a public school and I would be upset if my kid got one.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I agree with you on this point. This is not an issue of pro-life or pro-choice. A school is a place of education not a place to indoctrinate students.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

I am confused, as I don't see the controversy here.

No comment...

What is wrong with seeing what a baby looks like before it is born? I seriously think this is extremism on the part of over-reactive parents.

Because the fetus doll in question came from a school official pushing their own personal agenda - and pushing it in a place it did NOT belong.

Because abortion is a highly sensitive issue each parent should be discussing with their children when the parent feels it's the time in the life of their child.

So you're telling me if your child came home with a Christ baby doll on the cross, or, a baby doll praying on a prayer rug, or any doll representing or depicting an agenda you do not subscribe to you wouldn't be a bit put out?

Ouch...

peace

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
In order to understand if these dolls were actually a pro-life stunt we MUST know the the "pro-life message" was...... if there is no proof that a pro-life message was accompanying the dolls then to me it is merely a biology lesson and this thread needs to be removed

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MandBB

hamptonroads.com.nyud.net...

The teacher said that attached to the dolls was a card with a "pro-life" message and information on fetal growth.

This quote came from the article. There was a message attached to the dolls.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by virraszto]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have redacted my comments because I did not read the OP thoroughly. The BIIIIG difference here, to me, is the propaganda which was included.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MandBB

I agree, if it was straight biology then I fail to see the problem. However, if it was a religious message, then it was inappropriate.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MandBB

In order to understand if these dolls were actually a pro-life stunt we MUST know the the "pro-life message" was...... if there is no proof that a pro-life message was accompanying the dolls then to me it is merely a biology lesson and this thread needs to be removed

The young children who received the dolls were not in biology class - The Pro-Life Anti-Abortion Fetus Dolls were handed out at lunch time. Punto.

Next point: Children should not be subjected to nut-job agendas while at school.

And, I might add - It makes no difference what the message is/was - It was a Lifers stunt and everyone involved from the person who handed out the dolls, to the Principal of the school stated the dolls had a PRO LIFE message attached.

If that's not enough for you - oh well.

By the way - you want the thread removed click on the ALERT tab at the bottom of the posts. That's what it's there for.

peace

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well if you are a anti abortion pusher fanatic this will mean nothing, but if you have an elementary school child I guess is OK for some fanatics push their views regardless, then they could add to the abortion doll a nice movie of how fetuses get aborted right?

How about a nice sex doll of a male and female to show the children how fetuses are made before they are aborted.

Does that sounds good, or is all OK with God because it may save fetuses in the future

[edit on 21-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
People will assume many things about the implications of the fetus dolls but, I think it's important to note that if the employee was not handing out the dolls in accordance with the wishes of the school administration then the suspension of the employee is valid, regardless of what the supposed "pro-life" message said. The individual in question here should have been aware of the implications that these actions carry, and the probable assumptions people will make about the message.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MandBB

I agree. School is a learning environment and this could be looked at as simply educational. I would have to see this "pro life" message itself before i could pass judgement on it. They never actually say what this so called pro life message was. For all anyone knows, the article could have been written just to stir controversy.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MandBB

What else could the message be? Was this person responsible for science instruction in the school? I have kids that age and I can tell you that they are not learning about fetal development in science class. This was a naked attempt to push a political message on the kids. Obviously the intent was for the kid to come home and have the conversation with their parents. That conversation not only leads to questions about abortion but also about sex and that is a conversation that it is entirely up to the parents to teach to their kids in the manner in which they choose.

I see no difference between this and the signing of Obama songs either. Education should about education, not about instilling political messages of any type and that goes for the over the top environmental and PC messages they cram down the throat of kids today.

The school worker should be fired. The gal who had her kids singing Obama tunes should have also been canned

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This has no place in public schools. Here on ATS, we have lots of people whining about liberal indoctrination in public schools. Well, this proves that conservative indoctrination in public schools is alive and well too.

I think that any teacher that brings anything, outside of the approved curriculum, into the classroom should be reprimanded. Warning, pay-cut, termination of employment.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Actually in 5th grade the first sex ed is introduced to talk about the development of the female and male bodies but the class separates the females and males and the topic is only how the body changes.

It needs parental consent regardless.

Now this in GA.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You got to admire Anti-Abortions zealots. They're so committed to their cause that they have no problem lying to and warping the minds of small children. Now if we could just get them to strap bombs on themselves with faulty timers...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I have a kid in 4th grade and they have this deal in 4th and 5th grade that is held on a Saturday. Boys and girls are separated and each must come with a parent and they go over the birds and bees. It is an opt in as you obviously have to get there on a weekend. It is not covered in school at this grade, at least not where my kids go to school

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join