It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim response to Draw Muhammad Day, Tit-for-Tat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
also, i've been viewing the adl with alot more skepticism the past few months. they do not appear to stand by their own mission statement. these are extreme zionists with a domination agenda... that is not necessarily indicative of semetism.

if you are concerned, question why they are not responding to this situation at hand. their statement clearly states that they are not a respecter of persons.

zionist do not = jews.. they'd have you believe this.

MISSION STATEMENT
"The immediate object of the League is to stop, by appeals to reason and conscience and, if necessary, by appeals to law, the defamation of the Jewish people. Its ultimate purpose is to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike and to put an end forever to unjust and unfair discrimination against and ridicule of any sect or body of citizens."

ADL Charter October 1913 www.adl.org...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
regarding these photos... there was a lady who was prolifically posting image after image. i posted a response... "who are you working for?"

my post was deleted and i was banned from posting further.

when i saw this, she had posted at least 5 or 6 images in a row. the last one i saw was a pig with the star of david on his side. he was #ing their muslim prophet in the ass.

wake up people. we should all be very concerned about this.

more so for the undercurrent of hatred, with the willful intent to incite violence. will those with an agenda set something up to blame it on the muslims? i think so. that's illegal and it's a conspiracy. that makes it a felony.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

'Everybody Draw Mohammed Day' Controvery Still Raging Worldwide
By Johnny Simpson.

Saudi Arabia banned the Facebook EDMD page. Indian Muslims are demanding that India do the same. Pakistan lodged a protest with the US even as the issue divides its own people. Sweden closed its embassy there. Now the controversy threatens the World Cup.
The 'Everybody Draw Mohammed Day' controversy continues to rage on worldwide, and shows no signs of abating despite its May 21 expiration date. Sweden closed its embassy in Islamabad for an indefinite period due to security concerns. That act appears to stem from the controversy surrounding Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks, who just went into hiding.
Yesterday the Lahore High Court (LHC), which issued the injunctions banning Facebook and YouTube in Pakistan, petitioned Pakistan's Foreign Minister to lodge an official sovereign protest to the US over the blasphemous Facebook page. Today, the Pakistani Foreign Minister complied. Yet even in Pakistan itself, as the Economic Times is now reporting, the controversy is causing rifts in Pakistani civil society between the Islamists who want social networks like Facebook banned, and modernists who oppose the bans as self-defeating.
Those same kinds of societal rifts are now surfacing in India. As the usanewsweek.com website is now reporting, Indian Muslims have been petitioning the national government to ban Facebook over the row. Though predominantly a secular society, India was the first nation to ban Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses. Many in India who consider that ban a national embarrassment are calling for the government to repeal it as its 21st anniversary approaches. In related news, Xinhua reports that the government of Saudi Arabia is also now blocking the controversial EDMD Facebook page. Lastly, the Christian Science Monitor now reports that the cartoon controversy is casting a dark shadow over the upcoming World Cup in South Africa. Local Muslims were outraged over a relatively mild sketch drawn by famed South African cartoonist Jonathan Shapiro (aka Zapiro) syndicated internationally May 20.
South Africa's Muslim Judicial Council issued a press release on its website this past weekend condemning the Zapiro cartoon. Zapiro himself has received a number of death threats from enraged Islamists, as well as a defamation lawsuit by South African President Jacob Zuma. South African officials fear heightened security risks for the upcoming World Cup beginning on June 11. Al Qaeda in the Islamic Magreb (AQIM) had already threatened to launch terror attacks against the World Cup venue last month, and now local Muslim anger is mounting. Mr. Zapiro's own response to South African Muslims aggrieved by his cartoon? "Get over it."
Ironically, the creator of the original EDMD cartoon, Molly Norris, has attempted to distance herself from the controversy by disavowing the campaign and apologizing to Muslims for it. Yet she is still facing death threats from offended Islamist extremists, while proponents of the EDMD contest are now accusing her of cowardice for disowning the campaign she herself inspired. It is an entirely no-win situation for cartoonist Norris who, like Martin Luther, only wanted to make a mild statement of protest but wound up sparking a cultural conflagration far beyond her ability to extinguish. Even her fellow cartoonists are greatly divided on the issue. Much more on the EDMD controversy at DigitalJournal.com and Google's search page.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Free speech. You can't condemn one speech while supporting another.
It is an all or nothing situation.

I am for all.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
Free speech. You can't condemn one speech while supporting another.
It is an all or nothing situation.

I am for all.

don't equate free speech with what is currently going on. i know what free speech is. i'm a libertarian.

i know what hate and conspiricy to incite hatred and violence are as well.

this is no longer a freedom of speech issue.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
These types of situations lend themselves to exploitation by serious people concerned with definite agendas. The so called agent provocateur is as old as the hills. Demonization of one's antagonists can be a prelude to war. Who wants war? That is the question.

The one who wants it is usually the one who thinks he can win it.

Cartoons in the West are usually taken with a grain of salt. Hopefully they are funny, ridiculing the foibles of the powerful or silly political policies.

Mean spirited and obscene cartoons don't have a broad appeal in other areas of concern unless the intensity of the issues in question is really ramped up. This sort of vile representation is really a weapon of war. I think the Muslim world does feel with some justification, that it is under seige.

I personally would argue that the Iraq War is a war crime, a completely unjustified slaughter of the innocent, initiated with lies by the criminal Bush administration. I truly believe that were justice to prevail on the issue of the Iraq war, Bush and members of his administration would be in the dock at The Hague.

Despite that and despite similar feelings even about the war in Afghanistan, I don't believe that the Muslim world is under attack. These wars are the first resource wars of the 21st century and only coincidentally involve Islam.

Islamic solidarity however, is a weapon which is being used to fight back against American aggression. America, the architects of al Qaeda, are also the architects of Islamic solidarity.

These are the terms on which the wars for oil will be fought.

This is a disgusting situation. The American media have been major players from 9/11 to the present in creating a climate of hatred for Muslims in the United States and around the world.

I don't have a dog in this religious fight. I don't follow any of the so called Abrahamic religions, so I am not responding as a person especially sympathetic to the Muslims or the Arabs. I have to say though that, having looked at developments since 9/11, I am extremely disappointed with America's inability to curtail the activities of the rascals it puts into elected office.

What is the 21st century shaping up to be? I shudder to think.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
i've not seen this site before. very interesting information..

Power of Nightmares personalgrowthcourses.net...

This highly revealing BBC documentary digs deep into the roots of the war on terror, only to find that much of the widespread fear in the post-9/11 world has been fabricated by those in power for their own interests. The intrepid BBC team presents highly informative interviews with experts and top officials in combating terrorism who raise serious questions about who is behind all of the fear-mongering. These experts and riveting footage also show how the media have been manipulated to support secret power agendas.This eye-opening documentary shows that, especially after 9/11, fear has been used widely in the media to manipulate the public into giving up civil liberties and turning over power to elite groups with their own hidden agendas. The Power of Nightmares clearly demonstrates that the nightmare vision of a powerful, united terrorist organization waiting to strike our societies is largely an illusion. Wherever the BBC team looked for al-Qaeda, from the mountains of Afghanistan to the sleeper cells in America, they found that we are chasing a phantom enemy. For all citizens who care about the future of our world, this is a must-watch video. www.wanttoknow.info...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
What people in the west don’t realize is that Muslims, since the inception of these Islamic terrorist phenomena, have been condemning them, its just that the western press doesn’t publicize it as they should.

www.jihadwatch.org...

Thanks for the good info, however I'm not sure your source does much to support your statement. In a way, it almost contradicts what you're saying:

A prominent Islamic scholar will use a speech in London to issue a 600-page religious edict, denouncing terrorists and suicide bombers as "unbelievers".

Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri is a leading figure who has promoted peace and interfaith dialogue for 30 years.

He said he felt compelled to issue the fatwa because of concerns about the radicalisation of British Muslims at university campuses and because there had been a lack of condemnation of extremism by Muslim clerics and scholars.

So while I applaud the effort of this scholar, it's hard to not notice the phrase "there had been a lack of condemnation of extremism by Muslim clerics and scholars" so that's one reason he wrote it. I would have hoped there would be widespread condemnation of extremism by Muslim clerics and scholars, and my biggest concerns about the Muslim faith, is that whatever condemnation existed, was sporadic and not widespread.

I can appreciate if Muslims don't want to draw Muhammad as part of their faith. And I can appreciate if Catholics want to eat some wafers and call them the body of Christ as part of their faith.

But I don't think Catholics should be going around forcing people to eat their wafers, just like I don't think Muslims should be going around and telling non-Muslims what they can or cannot draw. Imposing their faith on people that don't share it is wrong.
I can tell Matt Stone and Trey Parker, producers of South Park, are more than a little annoyed they can show characters of virtually any person in history, except Muhammad. Well they tried but were censored by the network. Some Christians may not like how they portray Jesus either, but as far as I know the reason the network didn't censor images of Jesus, is they didn't expect any death threats from Christians.

I figured 9/11 was just extremists until 2006, when my opinion of Muslim leaders changed. The pope made a speech for which he claimed:

www.timesonline.co.uk...

the true meaning of my address, which in its totality was and is an invitation to frank and sincere dialogue, with great mutual respect," ...stressing that the text he had quoted in no way represented his personal views on the Muslim faith and the doctrine of jihad.

The pope had referenced an ancient emperor who thought the Muslims were violent, and what was the Muslim reaction that predominated the media? Extremists "threatened to massacre Christians in response to remarks about Islam by Pope Benedict XVI". Well you gotta admit threatening to massacre Christians because one of their leaders mentions a phrase spoken over 600 years ago by someone he doesn't even agree with seems more than a bit touchy. But where were all the mainstream Muslim condemnations of this call for massacre?

So I think the non-extremist Muslim community has to do a lot more to eradicate this "death threat at the drop of a hat" perception that westerners have of Muslims. The fatwah examples you gave are a start, so I appreciate that. But I think they fall short of the widespread condemnation that westerners expected to see.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Why people does such things which does not benefit them or other nor harm them but it harms other.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well the moslems are correct to draw the Holocaust. FYI Mohammed was the prophet of a religion, as was the Holocaust. Both were people that I never met....

ERMM

Well actually drawing the Holocaust was just stupidity I can only take these fundie Idiots seriously when they get Idiots to bomb people.

Waht a bunch of fools. I feel embarassed for them.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

i would hope that those who've been offended would resort to offending others. it's a vicious cycle. easy to start.. hard to stop once it takes on it's own life.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
the power elite would loose alot of power if people thought before reacting..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Everybody Ridicule & Draw Holocaust Day Page against Jews deleted by facebook within 20 minutes

www.expresspakistan.net...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
regarding the hate sites that have been cropping up everywhere regarding free speech and drawing muhammed. it's gone well beyond freedom of speech and into attacking the people. i wrote this elsewhere and would like to address this here:

one thing these people may have not thought of is the tension that they are creating in the region where a ... See Morewar is going on. we need to bring our people back home. we shouldn't be in the middle east. we shouldn't be in this war.

this is another aspect that i don't think is being much considered. being in someone else's country while back at home we are creating havoc with the people of these countries. disturbing thought that just occured to me. it's just more blood to add the the sea of blood that we're already swimming in. americans, muslims...very tragic.

some don't care by the amount of blood they spill. even if it is their own people. i'm speaking about those provacateurs who are hell bent on their fishing expedition. i hold you accountable. surely you've been informed of this. if you're one of the thinkers, then you most likely have thought this one through. i hold you accountable.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontblink
reply to post by inforeal

I understand your point inforeal, but should we really give into this kind of bullying by fanatical Islam? This entire mess blew out of proportion when political satirists tried to express their right to free speech by depicting Mohammad in a satirical light. Immediately violence was threatened against the cartoonists and their nations... is that an example of skillfull means? They want their religion, their worldview and by extension their prophet above critique, to be the exception to the rule.

While I agree that "Draw Mohammad Day" is not a good idea in many ways, I respect the right of every man, woman and child to draw whomever and whatever they wish. We need to show that we will not be intimidated by a group who would use their supposed religious sensibilities as a smokescreen to carry out violent attacks that they would most likely carry out anyway. These zealots are nothing more than thugs who look for any excuse to lash out at anything or anyone that challenges the supreme authority of their religious doctrine and encourages freedom of thought and expression. We must rally to defend free speech, not bury our heads in the sand.

I completely agree with you except that most of the people doing these drawings werent doing it out of some sense of preserving free speech but out of hate for muslims and a chance to do something they thought would be funny. Poke a muslim with a stick so to speak. Lemme ask you all this. would any of you choose to teach your kids to swat at a hornets nest just so they could prove they werent going to be threatened by such hornets? The idea here is to not provoke a dangerous confrontation not just standing up for free speech. I stand up for free speech right now by STATING i wont be intimidated and ruled by fear. I will tell any muslim or hell any group that but i am not going to go "out of my way" to make that point with them by inciting them to anger to prove it. Thats just plain dumb to me. As i stated in another thread, if you go around any group of people knowing them to be hostile and deliberately try to provoke a response regardless if you are doing it in retaliation, then dont be suprised when you get said response and its a lot over the top.
Would you go into a biker bar and draw a picture of bikers doing it with dogs and pass it around just because one of them maybe cut you off on the road or flipped you the finger or something? LOL i am sure you wouldnt. Cause we all know the outcome of that situation. I wouldnt likewise walk up to some houston street gang and say some crazy crap to any of them because i had reason to hate gang bangers. Not unless i want my beneficiary to be collecting my life insurance and heading to hawaii on vacation with it.
so if you go swatting a hornets nest just because a hornet stung you then dont be suprised when you end up in the emergency room crying.

major face palm!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

so your comparing those of the muslim religion as street thugs? I guess i can see your point... but you cant really prove it because they use those burqas to hide bruises on their wives.

Maybe they should have just picked one figure to mock..... i mean if it was about drawing mohammed raping his 9 yearold slave wife then that would seem maybe requiring a bigger response.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance- I haven't been keeping up with this. Does anyone know the purpose of retaliating by targeting the Jews and the Holocaust?

From my understanding, 'Draw Muhammad Day' was not started by Jews or Christians or any other religious group. It was started by atheists.

So why go after Jews in such a heinous way? And yeah, that is not what I would refer to as a 'tit for tat.'

But why?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
keep in mind that we invaded and are occupying the country of these people. the number of muslim deaths is approximately 100k plus.. depending on sources. en.wikipedia.org...

get into the mindest of these people for a minute.

what if it were you and your homeland? and they attacked us and forced their ideas upon us.

yet, many are bent out of shape because of your interpretation of their censorship.... and you're not going to be "pushed around" by these people.

there is something wrong with this mindset. it's not freedom of speech. it's hate... it's deliberate agitation and attemtping to incite violence. i see it. what more do you want to do to these people that you haven't already done. nuke them into vapor?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by miasria]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by miasria]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Forgive my ignorance- I haven't been keeping up with this. Does anyone know the purpose of retaliating by targeting the Jews and the Holocaust?

From my understanding, 'Draw Muhammad Day' was not started by Jews or Christians or any other religious group. It was started by atheists.

So why go after Jews in such a heinous way? And yeah, that is not what I would refer to as a 'tit for tat.'

But why?

It's pretty simple.

In the West, the Holocaust is a taboo topic - more than any other. Freedom of speech, in quite a few Western countries, does not extend to portrayals of the Holocaust in a negative manner. In Germany, it can land you in jail. Elsewhere, it's seen as anything from "incredibly poor taste" to "hate speech". Newspapers won't publish it, and the MSM certainly won't televise images making light of the Holocaust.

Because it offends people. Some more than others.

In contrast, in Muslim countries, images of Muhammad are a taboo topic - more than any other. Freedom of speech, in quite a few Muslim countries, does not extend to portrayals of the Prophet in a negative manner. In Saudi Arabia, it can land you in jail. Elsewhere, it's seen as anything from "incredibly poor taste" to "hate speech". Newspapers won't publish it, and the MSM certainly won't televise images of Muhammad.

Because it offends people. Some more than others.

Seems to me, that's the point they were trying to get across - that the West has taboo topics as well, ideas that shouldn't be the subject of comedy simply because the right to do so exists.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by fizzy1

so your comparing those of the muslim religion as street thugs? I guess i can see your point... but you cant really prove it because they use those burqas to hide bruises on their wives.

Maybe they should have just picked one figure to mock..... i mean if it was about drawing mohammed raping his 9 yearold slave wife then that would seem maybe requiring a bigger response.

Ahh ya you got me there. i was in the other post more accurate with my words. What i should of said here was what i said in the other thread i posted the same comments. I should have refered to islamism or the extremest fundamentalist muslims. Not all muslims. So yeah your right. comparing islam itself with street thugs was ludicris. Sorry for that and my apologies to all the peace loving muslims who i may have offended. This including my 2 muslim friends at work that i love dearly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join