It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun and Moon haven't changed orbits!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There is the theory that our sun orbits Alcyone, one of the Pleiades stars. Anyone know if that can be proven or disproven?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't know about changing orbits, but the sun rises in a different location now - I know this because I sit on my couch and watch the morning news and the sun would always hit me in the eyes from my left side, now it has moved more to the left and puts a bad glare on my tv. Also, the morning star is more to the left too, but I am pretty sure that this is due to the solstice approaching.

Oh by the way, did NZ ever get moved back to it's right place NW of AU? I love how people beat that dead horse even tho most of us have figured out we got bad maps.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sargoth

Well, there are hundreds of thousands of stars closer to us than the Pleiades - which only formed a few million years ago, long after this solar system was inhabited. So what do you think?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

I bet $1,000,000,000 that if you watch it'll shift back and then move again next and the next and the next and the next ........

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Since we are discussing a far fetched idea:
What if we have been somehow memory wiped... and the sun and moon have moved in a slow natural fashion to the places they presently occupy?

I have often wondered what would happen if something like that happened..
Would people ignore the evidence of thier own eyes and pretend everything was just fine?

I have to believe that most would, and the few who talked would be ridiculed.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

There is the theory that our sun orbits Alcyone, one of the Pleiades stars. Anyone know if that can be proven or disproven?

In the real world, BS doesn't require proof.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner
I don't know about changing orbits, but the sun rises in a different location now - I know this because I sit on my couch and watch the morning news and the sun would always hit me in the eyes from my left side, now it has moved more to the left and puts a bad glare on my tv....

Well, yeah. The Sun rises and sets in a different place every day during the course of a year, and has done so probably for billions of years. That's connected with the fact that we have a summer, fall, winter, and spring.

EDIT TO CLARIFY:
Actually, the Sun rises and sets in a different place every six months -- the path of the Sun moves for six months one way, then moves for the next six months back the other way.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join