It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun and Moon haven't changed orbits!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The latest craze here seems to be that the Sun and Moon are "not where they are supposed to be".
Nonsense.
If such a momentous thing occured, there would be millions of amatuer astronomers going crazy, not to mention professional ones! Many many terrestrial things would change VERY noticably, ( tides, calendar ). There would be no way to hide this and it would be the major news worldwide!
Are ATS member so desperate for something "alternative" to happen that they can no longer tell science fiction from reality.
Or maybe I'm timeshifting!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
oh please. It is obvious you have little to no knowledge in the areas of astronomy and science. Have you checked out BTS yet? It has some pretty funny things in there.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
good thing to we would be french fries if they had.
ps theres really people who believe this? this isn't a joke?
move the moon to any degree fast tidal waves earthquakes massive storms wrath of god kind of stuff now to be sure earth would survive it bruised and battered .
on the other hand move the sun??? OK that's just dumb it would be the earth that moved not the sun anyway next thing that happens is earths orbit changes .
depending on were the again stupid sun moved to earth farther away of spiral in closer again to become a ice cube or french fry.
I just learned spell checking now my post are spelled right mostly but man they use to flame me these same people i find that soooooo funny
spell check this.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I don't know sometimes where people even dream up these "theories". The thread about the sun being in the wrong spot is just plain silly. I think somebody would have noticed if Earth's orbit had changed.

And the whole Australia and NZ shifting nonsense is just as bad. It almost makes me feel embarrassed FOR them.

BTW Zaiger I realize you are using sarcasm, but if people don't catch that it just sounds insulting. I had to read your post a couple times to make sure.
(Although it's that sarcasm that led me to "friend" you in the first place)

[edit on 21/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What is it with the sudden surge of no content threads solely designed to either rant about or dismiss another thread?

Try the Rant forum. Or simply post this opinion in the thread that was actually about this subject.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I know enough about science to know that evil spirits are the cause of most everything, and that thunder is caused by clouds bumping together!

It's just so dissapointing to see this nonsense rack up stars and flags, and even more so to realize that so many people are so gullible and uninformed!
And the kicker is that they think they are more elightened than everyone else!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

All threads are not created equal. We can, and should make judgements on their worth.
When ATS becomes a forum that embraces ignorance, instead of denying ignorance, should we JUST NOT SAY ANYTHING?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
oh please. It is obvious you have little to no knowledge in the areas of astronomy and science. Have you checked out BTS yet? It has some pretty funny things in there.

Excuse me? You have proof that the Sun and Moon have moved? Why are you attacking OD so viciously and what knowledge do you have of what his knowledge is? I believe decorum is required here and I for one think you owe OD an apology.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

I think he's being sarcastic. God Bless him.

Say did you hear that New Zealand has mobilized it's National Guard for a UN attempt at forcing the Moon back in it's old orbit? It's TRUE!
Rand Paul found out on his way back from Obama's birthday party in Kenya ! Glenn Beck will tell us more tonight! Gotta go! I'm in a program to encourage kids to drop out of school and watch You Tube instead!
The Matrix is true, there's a Stargate in Iraq and thr Reptilians controll International banking! Most Jews are aliens.
I've got to lie down now!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The sun does not orbit anything. We are not the center of the solar system. The earth is not flat. The sky is not falling.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The Sun orbits the center of the Galaxy.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not true man! The center of the Galaxy is chewy nougat center.
Honestly Phage!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Phage

Not true man! The center of the Galaxy is chewy nougat center.
Honestly Phage!

Well that explains a lot!

Seriously even if they shifted just a smidge wouldn't we be flung off the Planet or something?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Naw! The second sun would, according to my research, counteract the smidgen. Tesla wrote a lot about the smidgen, but it was all confiscated by THE GOVERNMENT!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Justaposter

Naw! The second sun would, according to my research, counteract the smidgen. Tesla wrote a lot about the smidgen, but it was all confiscated by THE GOVERNMENT!

ooooooooohhhhhhh drat! Damn them!! Damn them to hell!!!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Which is the Earth

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Which is the Earth

Is that a question?
It's the one on the left.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What!? The proper answer is "the blue one".
Trying to cover your PTB disinfo post on the center of the Galaxy?
OR, are you not familiar with my alternative chewy nougat theory?
Dam debunkerer!
Say, I propose we spell 'center" as "centre" from now on to appear more continental? AGREED????

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I stand corrected. Another eliptical orbit making one cosmic year.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I see the rest of ATS is noncommital as to this , uh, heavenly bodies.
Still, I'm pretty sure nothing has changed!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join